Gaming Heads, with an open letter on the cancellation of all PS merchandise going forward (Gaming Heads on X)

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well, that explains the whole "the clients already paid for these" situation, some people probably got to Sony and complained they never got their Abby statues and Sony decided they could not be associated with these people.

Why can't they ship their statues? I bet it's the raw materials supplier's fault.
I don't know if it's true, but some people in Twitter complain about having to wait for multiple years for a Sly Racoon or Tomb Raider statue. I real, it isn't serious or professional and understand that companies like Sony wouln't want to be associated with them and would stop working with them.

But even if Sony stops working with them, they should allow Gamingheads to complete and ship the orders that already have been paid, even if they are from years ago. Something really extreme must have happened there if Sony really took that decision, and if not someone at Sony in charge of the US merchandise really fucked it up.

I have no idea why they didn't ship the statues. Maybe they had a bad tracking of the orders and lost some of them, maybe they are only a handful guys and have many thousands of orders, maybe they lost key staff and can't find enough to replace them, maybe (I highly doubt it) they have an issue with suppliers. Who knows, maybe even these complains are fake and they don't have pending orders from several years ago.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I don't know if it's true, but some people in Twitter complain about having to wait for multiple years for a Sly Racoon or Tomb Raider statue. I real, it isn't serious or professional and understand that companies like Sony wouln't want to be associated with them and would stop working with them.

But even if Sony stops working with them, they should allow Gamingheads to complete and ship the orders that already have been paid, even if they are from years ago. Something really extreme must have happened there if Sony really took that decision, and if not someone at Sony in charge of the US merchandise really fucked it up.

I have no idea why they didn't ship the statues. Maybe they had a bad tracking of the orders and lost some of them, maybe they are only a handful guys and have many thousands of orders, maybe they lost key staff and can't find enough to replace them, maybe (I highly doubt it) they have an issue with suppliers. Who knows, maybe even these complains are fake and they don't have pending orders from several years ago.
they could be lying about having finished products

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023

Here's the problems with how their company does things.
1. It's made to order in which the dilemma is they can't keep up.
2. They should have closed the preorders if they couldn't have completed them in a reasonable time frame. (Ex: max of 50 available)
3. Gamingheads has a responsibility to return the money they took. Sony/Playstation did not commission them to make these statues. Gamingheads paid for a license in which it was revoked. For reasons the public doesn't know why.
Long story short the money they received from preorders should have mostly went to materials for the items if they couldn't deliver they had an obligation to return the money. There's absolutely no reason someone should have to wait 6 years for a figure when people after them get theirs earlier or not.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
they could be lying about having finished products
2. They should have closed the preorders if they couldn't have completed them in a reasonable time frame. (Ex: max of 50 available)
3. Gamingheads has a responsibility to return the money they took. Sony/Playstation did not commission them to make these statues. Gamingheads paid for a license in which it was revoked. For reasons the public doesn't know why.
Long story short the money they received from preorders should have mostly went to materials for the items if they couldn't deliver they had an obligation to return the money. There's absolutely no reason someone should have to wait 6 years for a figure when people after them get theirs earlier or not.
Yes, a reasonable company would have limited/closed preorders after reaching more or less the amount of job they can afford. It's reasonable to keep someone waiting maybe a few weeks, but not months and even less years.

If they had people waiting for years and took an unrealistic amount of orders, that would be Gaminghead's fault, which if really happened I assume caused many complaints, to the point I assume Sony obviously would stop working with them.

But I assume that the correct way to stop working with them would be to discontinue the product stopping new sales, but to allow them ship what they already had in stock/were building/sold and was in the works. This and/or if they cancel pending orders, to refund it returning each company the part they took unless they had signed something else.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Well, that explains the whole "the clients already paid for these" situation, some people probably got to Sony and complained they never got their Abby statues and Sony decided they could not be associated with these people.

Why can't they ship their statues? I bet it's the raw materials supplier's fault.
Yeah, if they have a reputation for not shipping stuff out in a remotely timely manner, then I can see why they'd terminate any business with them.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Ahhh, there it is.

Reactions: reziel