Gaming is now Microsoft's third largest business, bigger than Windows. Also ABK deal was 75.4 billion, not 68.7b as previously thought.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Bigger than Windows is crazy but obviously with all those acquisitions and suck it makes sense.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Nice, thanks for the clarification.
This article probably explain better:

According to the terms of the deal, Microsoft needs to close its acquisition of Activision Blizzard by July 18. If it misses that deadline, it will need to pay Activision an eye-watering $3 billion termination fee.

They missed ar least one I believe… I said twice but seems like it was only once… they closed on October 13 few days before the last deadline of October 18.

But at least one fine of $3 billion was added.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Massive amounts of money spent to take over, than layoff and eventual mismanage the portfolio. That is what Microsoft will end up being known for.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Damn, Windows really sucks.

I'm using windows 7 right now. IMO last good operating system they made. 10/11 is okay. I do like win98/xp lol. But the quality seems to just have gone down with these more recent os's. I think things are just getting too complex.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm using windows 7 right now. IMO last good operating system they made. 10/11 is okay. I do like win98/xp lol. But the quality seems to just have gone down with these more recent os's. I think things are just getting too complex.
Microsoft keeps trying to support old hardware with their new OSes and it's fucking everything up

They need to just discontinue support for hardware older than like early 2010s and make a fresh OS that isn't fucking bloated by all the bullshit

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Microsoft keeps trying to support old hardware with their new OSes and it's fucking everything up

They need to just discontinue support for hardware older than like early 2010s and make a fresh OS that isn't fucking bloated by all the bullshit

Tbh I think there's no reason modern os's can't run on older hardware. They add a lot of stuff that isn't necessary and expect it to just run. New age computing is really bloated with telemetry and other crap that's not necessary.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and anonpuffs

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Due the close date being delayed twice the Acricision investors got $6 million more than original.

Each delay was $3 billion in the contract.

I should of bought Activision stock

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The 6b extra was the 'washup' component because of ABK's cash reserves growing between the time the initial offer price was made and the time the deal closed. It's a stipulation in the offer that works the other way too i.e. if ABK paid out a bunch of their existing cash to their execs (net) Microsoft would've paid less than the 69.

Nothing to do with the penalties which were only regarding Microsoft failing to complete the acquisition. The initial 3b was renegotiated and not paid out as a part of the extension to the deal close deadline.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The 6b extra was the 'washup' component because of ABK's cash reserves growing between the time the initial offer price was made and the time the deal closed. It's a stipulation in the offer that works the other way too i.e. if ABK paid out a bunch of their existing cash to their execs (net) Microsoft would've paid less than the 69.

Nothing to do with the penalties which were only regarding Microsoft failing to complete the acquisition. The initial 3b was renegotiated and not paid out as a part of the extension to the deal close deadline.
And here's the filling: