Gears of War E-Day Has Been Announced!

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
if they do Trilogy remaster or remake on PS5, of course it would make sense GoW6 on PS5 too.
I am getting to hopeful. I feel emotions. I am finally excited for something.
Thank god this didnt leak before

CR3tm3F.jpeg

better quality 4k

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Wish they did this for TLOU with Joel and Tommy.
no chance. with DEI, ESG and other bullshit investments, imagine, two white straight toxic masculinity guys rocking the world. that feminine cuckman would go insane :ROFLMAO:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
no chance. with DEI, ESG and other bullshit investments, imagine, two white straight toxic masculinity guys rocking the world. that feminine cuckman would go insane :ROFLMAO:
DEI push will eventually pass, shit is pure poison when it comes to making money.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Gears of War: E-Day :

▪️Not a spin-off but a new entry in the mainline Gears of War saga.
▪️The Coalition is "content" with the stories told in Gears 4 and 5 and "isn't abandoning them", but making this game was opportunity that "felt too good to miss".
▪️Team is looking to recreate and improve on the series classic cover shooting, revisiting the tone of older Gears with "truly next-gen tech".
▪️Takes place 14 years before the first game, tackling how an ill-prepared Sera responds to a surprise Locust invasion.
▪️Very intentional in recasting the Locusts not simply as foes but as "living nightmares".
▪️Design team prioritized redefining the Locust Drone, which had become simple fodder as the series progressed, into "something fearsome, physically intimidating, and utterly brutal".
▪️The fear of encountering the Locust for the first time is central to the game (desperation as Marcus fights a Drone for the first time).
▪️Hints that the origin of the Lancer (chainsaw, etc) will be part of the story.
▪️The narrative follows the early stages of Marcus and Dom's brotherhood, bonding over the loss of Dom's older brother Carlos (who was close with Marcus).
▪️"Over 100x more environment and character details than Gears 5", hardware raytraced lighting, reflections and shadows, next generation destruction and gore, and cutting-edge animation technology.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
^ Sounds good. But for the love of god please hire CliffyB to oversee it or someone competent cause Coalition has no idea how to do a story/cast. And cut it with the teen rated BS.

We know Coalition cancelled their 2 new games last year.. so 2027 soonest? Another studio doing the CGI hmm.. This no doubt another carrot on the stick trick from Phil.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Can't wait to see what the coalition will do with UE5. Gears 4 and 5 were decent games but spectacular from a technical pov.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Gears of War: E-Day :

▪️Not a spin-off but a new entry in the mainline Gears of War saga.
▪️The Coalition is "content" with the stories told in Gears 4 and 5 and "isn't abandoning them", but making this game was opportunity that "felt too good to miss".
▪️Team is looking to recreate and improve on the series classic cover shooting, revisiting the tone of older Gears with "truly next-gen tech".
▪️Takes place 14 years before the first game, tackling how an ill-prepared Sera responds to a surprise Locust invasion.
▪️Very intentional in recasting the Locusts not simply as foes but as "living nightmares".
▪️Design team prioritized redefining the Locust Drone, which had become simple fodder as the series progressed, into "something fearsome, physically intimidating, and utterly brutal".
▪️The fear of encountering the Locust for the first time is central to the game (desperation as Marcus fights a Drone for the first time).
▪️Hints that the origin of the Lancer (chainsaw, etc) will be part of the story.
▪️The narrative follows the early stages of Marcus and Dom's brotherhood, bonding over the loss of Dom's older brother Carlos (who was close with Marcus).
▪️"Over 100x more environment and character details than Gears 5", hardware raytraced lighting, reflections and shadows, next generation destruction and gore, and cutting-edge animation technology.

Technically they are abandoning them. It sounds like this will be a trilogy prequel. So if that’s the case if how long games take to make, Gears 6 could be in 15 years.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

Oh god.. if that wasn't real time then what has The Coalition been working on for all these years?
Gears 5 released 4 years ago, 3 years after Gears 4.

In early 2021 they were so quick to showing the benefits of Tier 2 Variable Rate Shading (which was going to show all that absolute superiority of Series X over PS5.. and then it didn't), but 3.5 years have passed and what they have to show is a CGI trailer made by someone else?

We know Coalition cancelled their 2 new games last year.. so 2027 soonest? Another studio doing the CGI hmm.. This no doubt another carrot on the stick trick from Phil.
They did? I don't remember this being a thing. So they haven't been working on Gears all this time?

DEI push will eventually pass, shit is pure poison when it comes to making money.
I fear this as well, but I struggle to see how they're going to DEI a game focused on Markus and Dom fighting monsters while an apocalypse is destroying human race.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Lots of cutscenes are built using in-game assets and in engine . Perfect lighting. And effects non-existent in actual gameplay, etc… just look how dogshit ff16 looks in-game vs cutscenes.

Sorry I’ve seen this bullshit song and dance for decades.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Lots of cutscenes are built using in-game assets and in engine . Perfect lighting. And effects non-existent in actual gameplay, etc… just look how dogshit ff16 looks in-game vs cutscenes.

FF16 used real-time rendering with pre-baked stuff in the background. It's still probably a lot closer to gameplay graphics than a purely offline rendered cutscene which is what we saw for E day.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

what? ff16 looks incredible both in game and in game cutscenes.
Only few scenes have armies baked in and stuff.

Imo this is cgi quality and it's all real time. FF16 is my fav graphivs ever. The game looks incredible.
aarwfRT.jpeg

RkZB0Qy.jpeg

Q4EzYAp.jpeg

X9Ro35I.jpeg

mD6xD3P.jpeg

LrBjn3a.jpeg

OJEoT05.jpeg

eeewV84.jpeg

e4swSK6.jpeg

Wt5Zm6m.jpeg

i7ekegk.jpeg

liRnhTq.jpeg

czYwGS6.jpeg

yFEnmCI.jpeg

GxsxMHu.jpeg

UnGV5pi.jpeg

imvrdXM.jpeg

So where is that huge difference?!
The pre rendered cgi is so well integrated, nobody knows for sure which parts are real time or not