Geforce Now reportedly coming to Xbox

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
It seems that a bigger deal is lurking between Xbox and Nvidia, and its announcement may be imminent.

Several games from the Xbox store give the option to "play it with GeForce Now".

GRKjWLfX0AI-4eZ

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
It's honestly a great plan by Microsoft and Nvidia, but I don't think it is necessarily a needle mover. Geforce Now was already on a bunch of TVs that said Xbox consoles were connected to.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
It seems that a bigger deal is lurking between Xbox and Nvidia, and its announcement may be imminent.

Several games from the Xbox store give the option to "play it with GeForce Now".

GRKjWLfX0AI-4eZ

That next Xbox is gonna sell like 10- low 20 million if that. There’s literally no reason for a PC player to buy a Xbox console & as a Xbox console owner your better of migrating to PS, PC or Nintendo or using GeForce or if the Amazon stick works out well buying that for cheap & playing games using any other option then a Xbox hardware. Crazy how Xbox went to selling 80 million console to soon only selling 10-15 & withing those 7 years there revenue, profit & growth as a brand all shrunk leaving Xbox to spend 100 billion just to survive for the year to be up in the green. Even w that Xbox will have to focus on key ip no more making new ipas that don’t push sells or gamepass which will leave Xbox just becoming entirely soulless.

The last nail is day n date on PS & Nintendo which is inevitable due to gamepass & needing PS & Nintendo to subsidize through raw sells.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's what I don't get. I see what's in it for Nvidia, but Xbox??

Well Phil dropped some hints that they might want Steam on Xbox. Which doesnt make sense either. Its like console suicide for them and putting a direct competitor to there stores on the same console…like a windows pc

The media will probably praise it and want to pressure Playstation to do the same lol.

Personally, I think MS knows they are leaving the console industry and are trying to blur the lines and make things hard for Sony.
Basically ok we cant compete but we’re gonna make things as hard as possible on Sony.
Plus them working with Valve, Nvidia and releasing games on PS, will probably allow them to buy another publisher soon. Slowly absorbing more of the industry, they have enough studios and publishers to make money from 3rd party supposedly

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Well Phil dropped some hints that they might want Steam on Xbox. Which doesnt make sense either. Its like console suicide for them and putting a direct competitor to there stores on the same console…like a windows pc

The media will probably praise it and want to pressure Playstation to do the same lol.

Personally, I think MS knows they are leaving the console industry and are trying to blur the lines and make things hard for Sony.
Basically ok we cant compete but we’re gonna make things as hard as possible on Sony.
Plus them working with Valve, Nvidia and releasing games on PS, will probably allow them to buy another publisher soon. Slowly absorbing more of the industry, they have enough studios and publishers to make money from 3rd party supposedly

Sony's cloud gaming is much further along than xCloud, in large part due to Sony buying Gaikai and probably their investment in iSize.

Not sure this makes anything harder for Sony. Sony has to and was probably already working on getting cloud gaming on more devices.

Microsoft just made a deal with Amazon to get get xCloud on Firestick, so they aren't giving up on xCloud.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony's cloud gaming is much further along than xCloud, in large part due to Sony buying Gaikai and probably their investment in iSize.

Not sure this makes anything harder for Sony. Sony has to and was probably already working on getting cloud gaming on more devices.

Microsoft just made a deal with Amazon to get get xCloud on Firestick, so they aren't giving up on xCloud.
I dont mean in the sense that it makes things harder for them in tech way, but with Xbox allowing Steam and Nvida on there consoles, the media and shills are gonna say Sony needs to do the same. As in make things harder for them via pressure.

Also we’re probably gonna see alot of Console/PC hybrids on the market. Xbox as we know it, is probably leaving the console race, but I think Microsoft and other 3rd party hardware developers like Asus, MSI, Alienware etc are gonna release console like devices playing Windows games, SteamOS (like steamdeck) and nvidia games on a console like and console priced machine.
I think Playstation will be fine but the console war is gonna change lol

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I dont mean in the sense that it makes things harder for them in tech way, but with Xbox allowing Steam and Nvida on there consoles, the media and shills are gonna say Sony needs to do the same. As in make things harder for them via pressure.

Also we’re probably gonna see alot of Console/PC hybrids on the market. Xbox as we know it, is probably leaving the console race, but I think Microsoft and other 3rd party hardware developers like Asus, MSI, Alienware etc are gonna release console like devices playing Windows games, SteamOS (like steamdeck) and nvidia games on a console like and console priced machine.
I think Playstation will be fine but the console war is gonna change lol

You mean the same media pressure that wanted Sony to turn PS+ into GamePass? How did that work out?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You mean the same media pressure that wanted Sony to turn PS+ into GamePass? How did that work out?

Gamepasss was a disastrous idea to start with but it kind made Sony relaunch their sub service and it was annoying listening to that crap for years.

Media pressure isnt good either way, the PS games always get a harsher review then other game studio and publisher. I mean you can see how Square and others are reacting to the media pressure that 3rd party exclusives are not good anymore.

Thing is this time, the most pressure will come with having to deal with console like machines that will play Steam, Nvida and Xbox stores and have cheaper games and free online MP compared to PSN

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Gamepasss was a disastrous idea to start with but it kind made Sony relaunch their sub service and it was annoying listening to that crap for years.

They relaunched PS+ but did so distinctly in a way that doesn't compete directly with GamePass' model. They simply merged PS Now (which was failing) and PS+ and added PS Classics. It wasn't much of a relaunch. The biggest real change was the tiered pricing region by region.

Media pressure isnt good either way, the PS games always get a harsher review then other game studio and publisher. I mean you can see how Square and others are reacting to the media pressure that 3rd party exclusives are not good anymore.

Square having exclusives was a bad idea, particularly because they've lost their core audience. They've been in decline since the early 2000s. Their best chance at profitability is to have their games on all platforms particularly Switch, PS, and PC.

Thing is this time, the most pressure will come with having to deal with console like machines that will play Steam, Nvida and Xbox stores and have cheaper games and free online MP compared to PSN

Sony isn't into copying broken models. Nvidia isn't a real threat today because streaming isn't there yet. Being able to play steam games isn't a real advantage, and the xbox store is already dead.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They relaunched PS+ but did so distinctly in a way that doesn't compete directly with GamePass' model. They simply merged PS Now (which was failing) and PS+ and added PS Classics. It wasn't much of a relaunch. The biggest real change was the tiered pricing region by region.
I know what they done. Its Relaunch/ launch of a combination of there 2 services before.

Yes it wasnt the same thing to Gamepass, but everyone knows it was the closest thing to compete with it.

Square having exclusives was a bad idea, particularly because they've lost their core audience. They've been in decline since the early 2000s. Their best chance at profitability is to have their games on all platforms particularly Switch, PS, and PC.
They’ve been non exclusive before. Its only recently they started again with FF7/ FF16, FF7part 2.
FF15, Kingdom Heart 3, Dragon Quest were all multiplatform. Square was in trouble before.

Its not helping Sega either.
Funny how Square lost there core audience and have been in a decline since they went multiplatform with Final Fantasy on Xbox. They were selling fine in the PS2 era

Nvidia isn't a real threat today because streaming isn't there yet. Being able to play steam games isn't a real advantage, and the xbox store is already dead.
Its more Steam and the ability to have all those choices on one console like system, Xbox/Steam/Nvida. Like I said, steam offers cheaper games and free online MP. Its just competition. And I think the reason MS is doing this is because they want to cause as much issues to PS as possible because it makes no financial or business sense to bring your rival store to your console