Geralt won't be the protagonist in Witcher 4, but he will be present, says voice actor

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Geralt's Voice actor says he wont be the main character in Witcher 4, but that Geralt will be somehwta present, he still hasn't seen any script or anything.

Timestamp for the comment about Witcher 4: 7:21

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Geralt’s story already ended.
Not wanting to do spoiler but they already gone to the realm of afterlife (Avalon).

But story wise Ciri that is alive continue in the Arthurian Britain.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
watch Cirilla shave half her head and dye the other half blue and go on a meta spiel about how women can become witchers too by identifying as them :ROFLMAO:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
watch Cirilla shave half her head and dye the other half blue and go on a meta spiel about how women can become witchers too by identifying as them :ROFLMAO:
Witchers already chemically castrate themselves, we're halfway to current year already.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Ciri

Lambert

Ezekiel

Letho

Vesemir is dead

yeneffer not a witcher

so one of those first 4 or a brand new character

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Witchers already chemically castrate themselves, we're halfway to current year already.
I fear the current day discourse of storytelling will effect witcher a lot, but I learnt my lesson with the subpar and buggy cyberpunk so won't give cd projekt money till its 50% off

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Bro whats with the hate with Ciri, really doubt cdprojectred would destroy their legacy

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
… and I’m out.

Witcher 3 sucked if it wasn’t for Geralt being the star.

Only thing worse than this is a God of War starring Atreus.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
If it is Ciri for Witcher 4 then they can definitely expand more on her powers that can lead to a bigger skill tree for her. What we got from her abilities in Witcher 3 was bare boned due to story reasons.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I cannot accept Atreus. That boy is shit.

Geralt was like Snake. Carried the entire game. Yes sure the game has great side quest design and narrative … that’s because of Geralt. The gameplay sucked. Cyberpunk disappointed because V is an insufferable loser but luckily had Keanu to save the day.

Huge disappointment.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Hope it's not Ciri. Give me an actual Witcher.
Witcher Ciri GIF

But Ciri is a witcher. Geralt trained her.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Witcher Ciri GIF

But Ciri is a witcher. Geralt trained her

In the books she never becomes a Witcher because she doesn't undergo the Trial of the Grasses. That trial historically has a high fatality rate for women too, much more so than men. Maybe the game will change that, though.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
In the books she never becomes a Witcher because she doesn't undergo the Trial of the Grasses. That trial historically has a high fatality rate for women too, much more so than men. Maybe the game will change that, though.
Shes a witcher but doesnt have the mutations. She has very unique power so no need for it.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Shes a witcher but doesnt have the mutations. She has very unique power so no need for it.

No, she's not. A Witcher is a very specific type of being and her powers have nothing to do with it. She is, as the article in the link states, "Trained but not witchers themselves".