Geralt won't be the protagonist in Witcher 4, but he will be present, says voice actor

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

No, she's not. A Witcher is a very specific type of being and her powers have nothing to do with it. She is, as the article in the link states, "Trained but not witchers themselves".
i know, she doesn't have the mutations like i said already. shes trained in the witcher ways, not a true witcher but still a witcher. Witchers are just essentially really good at killing creatures and monsters. Ciri fits the bill. Shes a witcher in my eyes

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
shes trained in the witcher ways, not a true witcher but still a witcher. Witchers are just essentially really good at killing creatures and monsters. Ciri fits the bill. Shes a witcher in my eyes

I'm sure other people share your opinion too, but being really good at killing creatures and monsters is the result of becoming a Witcher - which is achieved after undergoing the Trials and mutations. Ciri can be really good at that too, but she's still not a Witcher.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
I'm sure other people share your opinion too, but being really good at killing creatures and monsters is the result of becoming a Witcher - which is achieved after undergoing the Trials and mutations. Ciri can be really good at that too, but she's still not a Witcher.
i know, she doesn't have the mutations like i said already. Also Ciri has unique powers that surpasses witchers. So yes. Shes a witcher, but not a pure witcher.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
i know, she doesn't have the mutations like i said already. Also Ciri has unique powers that surpasses witchers. So yes. Shes a witcher, but not a pure witcher.

There's no such definition - a Witcher is a Witcher. There's no non-pure Witcher designation. You can change this from the books if you wish, but it's not accurate. Either way, I'll leave you to it. Take care.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
There's no such definition - a Witcher is a Witcher. There's no non-pure Witcher designation. You can change this from the books if you wish, but it's not accurate. Either way, I'll leave you to it. Take care.
In my ending ciri becomes a witcher ( the other 2 ending shes dead and the other one she become nilfgard empress)

And many fans believe that one ( where she follows geralt path) is the canon ending

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Witcher Ciri GIF

But Ciri is a witcher. Geralt trained her.
Strapping on a sword and killing monsters doesn't make one a witcher. Going through hell since childhood, getting your body and mind mutilated does.

Witchers are made for one sole purpose and their journey to get there is what makes them interesting.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Strapping on a sword and killing monsters doesn't make one a witcher. Going through hell since childhood, getting your body and mind mutilated does.

Witchers are made for one sole purpose and their journey to get there is what makes them interesting.
At one of the ending she becomes witcher

Also people here forgetting she has unique ability other witcher dont have

Why is so much doubt here we ran witcher mission using her couple times in the games too, because shes a women?

Last edited:

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
In my ending ciri becomes a witcher ( the other 2 ending shes dead and the other one she become nilfgard empress)

And many fans believe that one ( where she follows geralt path) is the canon ending

I'm referring to the books. She's not a Witcher because she never undergoes the process to become one. It's also a process that is almost always fatal to women. Being trained by a Witcher is not the same as being one.

• Surprised
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus and Johnic

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
At one of the ending she becomes witcher

Also people here forgetting she has unique ability other witcher dont have

Why is so much doubt here we ran witcher mission using her couple times in the games too, because shes a women?
A witcher is a person who undergoes and survives the Trials of the Grasses. All witcher school "students" are taught how to fight before becoming witchers. Fighting doesn't make them one.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: laynelane

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Wonder how yet another female lead AAA game will go down in today’s climate of backlash.

Is the target audience getting worn out?

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
A witcher is a person who undergoes and survives the Trials of the Grasses. All witcher school "students" are taught how to fight before becoming witchers. Fighting doesn't make them one.
Bro have you seen Ciri capabilities at the end game can blitz other witcher geralt, vesemir, lambert etc

She doesnt get the train ritual bcos at that time theres no one else left to train her at kaer mohren

Recognition from Geralt still not enough?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Bro whats with the hate with Ciri, really doubt cdprojectred would destroy their legacy
They employed that lunactic from insomniac for story and narrative, I am making a logical conclusion taking that into account. CD Projekt has long back sold itself off to blackrock. The success of witcher 3 clearly went to their head, I am fully expecting a witcher: blood origin type of game in the making.

• Surprised
Reactions: Airbus

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
you become a witcher by rituals that you do. not because you have some sort of powers. doing ritual and surviving the ritual what makes you a witcher, everything else comes in time you spend to develop those 'gifts'.

all the witches in the world have powers, doesn't make them witchers if they will do the training.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Changing your lead protagonist is always risky. Especially when the game is weighted more by its characters and narrative than its gameplay. I say this liking Ciri in Witcher 3 generally.

Raiden, Arbiter stand out to me big time. Atreus’ stages could’ve ruined Ragnarök etc….

So much of why Witcher 3 is great is because Geralt himself is awesome. And I’ve played a CDPR game where I hated the player character… cyberpunk. It’s no Witcher 3

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
These people fail to understand that no one gets tired of playing characters like Kratos, Nathan Drake, Geralt. Zelda has nearly all games with Link as the protagonist and it has worked so well for them, metroid has samus and the list goes on.

Hire better writers if your current lot cannot come up with a good story/scenario revolving around geralt anymore.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

I’m fine if that’s what they want to do… we die, we have kids, we pass the torch.. etc..

I’m biased towards continuously wanting to live being Geralt because that was a great game with a great lead. I feel similar about Snake or Santa Monica Kratos.

So this is just a bummer 😔

cope

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Shes a witcher but doesnt have the mutations. She has very unique power so no need for it.
She was never a Witcher.

BTW one of the ending in the game where she become a Witcher is not canon and just a fan service… in the canon she never become a Witcher.

Last edited:

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Personally, I want Ciri as the protagonist because gameplay/combat wise, the possibilities are endless. She can warp through time and space travel. I mean, come on. Shit would be awesome and it's CDPR so even if you're playing as Ciri, it's not like they're going to turn her into a smurf or some shit.