Ghost of Tsushima took 4 years to come to pc and sold better than all ports that only took 2. Ports should take longer.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
I think it's more about the game being a high quality new IP. New IPs get people excited.

Sidenote: I'm hyped to see a trailer for GoT2 later this month. Hopefully it'll rectify my issues with the first.

PC gamers should wait at least a generation before getting these games or when a sequel is released for Playstation.

Ghost of Tsushima should have released for PC when PlayStation got Tsushima 2.

That’s me being generous.
I think we're going to see the PlayStation division experiment with game releases on PC, date wise. I don't think we'll ever see day and date due to the teams not being built to be able to do that and it would multiply the time it takes to release their games.

As time goes on, I think PlayStation will more and more realize that PC is a direct competitor, especially if they do release a new handheld made for legacy titles, which is what PC was being used as; a legacy + live service platform.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Muddasar

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
I think it's more about the game being a high quality new IP. New IPs get people excited.

Sidenote: I'm hyped to see a trailer for GoT2 later this month. Hopefully it'll rectify my issues with the first.

I think we're going to see the PlayStation division experiment with game releases on PC, date wise. I don't think we'll ever see day and date due to the teams not being built to be able to do that and it would multiply the time it takes to release their games.

As time goes on, I think PlayStation will more and more realize that PC is a direct competitor, especially if they do release a new handheld made for legacy titles, which is what PC was being used as; a legacy + live service platform.
The very fact of porting a systemseller game to a competing platform is a very, very bad idea.

We saw this on the example of MS, which destroyed the not bad positions of XONE by starting to port games to PC, and then the situation was made worse by the emergence of GamePass.

Thus, we should expect a deterioration in the quality of games, longer development time, followed by the extinction of single-player systemsellers, and a focus on MP\CO-OP games.

In 2026, I think we will see Sony and Nintendo games actively using to promote the launch of SteamDeck2, including PS3 games, SD2 hardware will probably be able to pull the PS3 and NS1 emulator without any problems.

Technically, Valve will be in the clean, because no one can forbid running the emulator on Linux.

Last edited:

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
imo Ratchet should not be ported at all, not a big enough game to justify a port, will sell very poorly and should be maintained as a console mascot, together with Astro and Sackboy (another one that shouldn't be on PC), again, my opinion, these smaller games with mascots should be fully exclusive, and bring Sly back btw
Imo i'd pay money for the little big planet trilogy to port.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
instead of porting Demon's Souls and The Last Of Us Part II that are both about to be 4 years old, they're going to port God Of War Ragnarok that is still selling very well on the console, the game is going to be heavly pirated on PC, they're so dumb 🤦‍♂️
Every single game under the sun gets cracked, that doesn't mean every single PC player pirates games. Ghost of Tsushima is cracked already and 20k people are leeching. Despite that, it's the best selling on PC.

The thing you have to realize is people who crsck games are making money by doing so, they are always "depended upon" so they will always do their best to crack every new game.

This is not endorsement, I bought GoT and so should everyone else, support Suckerpunch and Nixxes

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If GOT came out in 2020 (PS5 launch year). It should come to PC when PS6 Releases. Same time frame.

Bring over games from the PS3 and some PS4. Keep PS5 games away till next gen at least.
Or just keep everything that isnt MP out of PC

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Good points. They should definitely try to see if more games benefit from longer waits till PC.

Much like how they saw Horizon sales suffered from PS+ inclusion, yet had very little benefit for PS+... it could be a similar issue for PC.
5+ years or better of wait till the generation is done.

Port PS4 games when we’re on PS5 gen & when we’re on PS6 gen port PS5 game (if Sony was gonna do this PC port shit strategy at all) me personally would never drop the PS wall garden or loose the only thing that differentiate your platform & storefront to others.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Gravity Rush would have been cheaper and would suit the PC audience more.
Gravity Rush suit PC audience? Yuh no Gravity Rush caters to the Nintendo audience PC gamers like games like GOT open world or linear souls like, heavy rpg or rouge like.

But why are we even have ng this conversation almost as PS is nothing more then Xbox. PS might aswell go day n date on PC & port there games to Nintendo because that’s all I see regarding PS games.

How bout we keep exclusive games & give the PS platform & storefront reason to invest in. Xbox is day n date & will soon be day n date on PS & Nintendo there’s 0 reason to invest on the Xbox platform or Xbox storefront.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Once again you're learning the wrong lessons.

Ghost performed well on PC because it is a game that leans more PC than many of Sony's 3rd person action shooters.

TLOU P1 probably would have sold better if it had been ported better and released earlier.

Uncharted is a pretty linear game and it was an old game. The really only similar example of a game like that having success on PC was Resident Evil 2 remake, but that game received a better port and more marketing and it was a more modern game, coming out like 3 years after Uncharted 4.

Then you have to consider price. Uncharted is still selling for 50 dollars. I think RE2 remake launched for 40. Price matters a lot on PC.

I think Sony needs to find their sweetspot, but I don't think waiting 4 years is necessarily the answer. I think not working with Iron Galaxy would probably be a good start. They have two good PC porters Nixxes and independent Jetpack Interactive.

They could slow down and use only them or they could keep trying to find another and risk poor quality ports that won't sell well out of the gate.
Anything relating to PS ports is null voided.

If PS ports they might aswell be a 3rd party fully & go day n date on Nintendo & Apple IOS.

Ultimately PS porting its games to direct conpetitors platform & storefront makes PS not just PS platform & it’s storefront obsolete it makes PS as a whole obsolete in the long term far future end game.

Nintendo doesn’t take legal action against people emulating there games/ip & profiting there taking legal action because with out Nintendo exclusive games to its platform & storefront there is no Nintendo platform or storefront.

Who ever had the biggest library with all games & if that storefront has its own exclusive is ultimately the defacto gatekeepers of platforms & storefronts

Steam is already there in PC, Apple ios is already there with Mobile & Nintendo is soon to become there in Console when they get more 3rd party support. Notice all 3 are missing keys to becoming the defacto gatekeepers as a platform & storefront.

Steam is missing mobile games + Nintendo/ all other console platform games (officially) Apple iOS is missing console & pc games & Nintendo is missing higher end console & PC games & mobile games.

Amazon is the defacto place to buy shopping online why? Because it essentially has every & any product you would need as an essential.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
There's other factors to consider too tho. It did better than Horizon because it's a better game.

It did better than God of War because PC players tend to prefer open world games.

I think Sony should be prioritising ports differently. Sackboy and Uncharted shouldn't have been at the top.
The fact PS brand has fallen from its strong position where PS fans are considering what PS game to port & which to prioritize when porting games to PC is crazy

It’s like Nintendo consumers/fans prioritizing & considering which Nintendo game to port to PC or mobile diminishing the Nintendo platform & Nintendo storefront

How bout where tf are the PS5 exclusive games at from 1st party Sony own PS studios. If you really look at it PS5 hasn’t gotten a cadence of 1st party Sony own PS studios games since 2022 almost 2 years since in 2023 we got 1 with Spiderman 2 & in 2024 there will be 0 (I’m talking about AAA singleplayer games, I’d make some considerations to games like R&C & Returnal which are AA pushing barely AAA imo) great games ofc

Last edited: