Ghost of Yotei Hype Thread

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Ghost of Yotei is now my most anticipated game of 2025.

So many things that I think most people haven't picked up on that have me excited for this title

• Yellow outfit, a nod to the Bride from Kill Bill another female driven revenge story
  • The six swords surrounding Atsu suggests she is hunting 6 ronin
  • The area burning in the trailer suggests these ronin burned her home and killed her family and she tracks them up north to hunt them down
  • The wolf companion is a divergence from human companions in other SIE games
    • The wolf has been a huge symbol in samurai stories a reason why I've rocked with it for 20 years
    • I'm sure they drew inspiration from John Wick 3, the director of which is directing the Ghost of Tsushima movie
  • Sucker Punch is leaning into spaghetti western themes
    • Atsu's bounty poster
    • The western music playing in the trailer that feels right out of Sergio Leoni's Man with no name trilogy by Ennio Morricone
    • Atsu walking into the bar as a wanted person
  • The time period might lend itself to some legendary samurai like Miyamoto Musashi and Yagyu Jubei maybe in special modes or DLC
  • I'm calling it now that Anna Sawai will play Atsu in the Ghost of Yotei movie, which I think will also be directed by the John Wick director
    • Chad Stahelski worked on the movie Ninja Assassin as a second unit director, he was also the stunt coordinator
      • Anna Sawai was in that movie
    • They're trying to get Hiroyuki Sanada to star in Ghost of Tsushima, almost certainly to play Lord Shimura, it would make sense to get Anna Sawai to play Atsu

I'm also hoping they take a lot of nods from Red Dead Redemption 2. If Ghost of Yotei is successful, I could see them really building out Sucker Punch similar to the path Rockstar San Diego took after Red Dead Revolver and Red Dead Redemption 1.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I have still not played GOT, just the mp aspect of it.

Saying that, SP don't miss, looking forward to this as well.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
One of my take is that the new weapons that were shown aren't more weapons for you to "pick up" but rather the new weapons are the new stances for the game. Atsu will have a normal katana stance, a duel wield stance, and a sickle chain stance. The rifle will be another range weapon in addition to a bow.

Men_in_Boxes

Veteran
18 Aug 2024
I will not be playing the Miles Morales of Tsushima but GOT DAMN do I respect what OP did here. High quality thread.