GI.Biz: PS5 sales surge over 300% in the UK during February, Xbox down 5%, Switch down 29%

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Installbase and Era are probably on suicide watch.
Era, for whatever reason has in fact taken an extrmely hard xbox turn as of late. RE4 remake is this month, FFXVI in June and then Spiderman 2, silent hill 2, marketing rights for alan wake 2, marketing rights for cod still, marketing rights for street fighter 6, and who knows what else and probably a ps5 slim perhaps with a pricecut, ps5 could possibly pass 50 million sold if they have the stock for it.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Era, for whatever reason has in fact taken an extrmely hard xbox turn as of late. RE4 remake is this month, FFXVI in June and then Spiderman 2, silent hill 2, marketing rights for alan wake 2, marketing rights for cod still, marketing rights for street fighter 6, and who knows what else and probably a ps5 slim perhaps with a pricecut, ps5 could possibly pass 50 million sold if they have the stock for it.
They are more likely to have the stock if there isn’t a major hardware revision like a Slim coming. Easier to keep cranking out the existing model than to retool current lines or tool up new ones if they want to crank out as much hardware as possible.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I’ll post what i posted on Gaf:

This is what i keep telling people. Naughty Dog doesn’t have to have the highest selling game (while still pretty high) to be the most important studio at SIE. They have pretty much set the trajectory of the playstation at every phase.

First iwth platformers like Crash, then with “movie games” (action games) like Uncharted, then with “oscar bait” games like TLOU, now they are setting the trend with multimedia projects and i’m 100% Factions will be sonys first majorly successful multiplayer game in well over a decade

There is a reason of the skyrocketing "take over" of Neil Druckamn.

i heard Jaffe that he is not working for sony anymore. he has a contract with sony. just like Mark Cerny.

i don't think a lot of people realized how fricking huge Factions could be. literally could become the benchmark of GaaS.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is the kind of reality outside forums and Internet bubbles that break the souls of fanboys like addamsapple because no matter how low you can go to shill you are Still losing Big time
This is why numbers are important because if you look on GAF/ERA you think Xbox is on top of the world. Their fans are the loudest on forums. They are cuddled and protected by the mods so the reality is completely distorted.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
This is why numbers are important because if you look on GAF/ERA you think Xbox is on top of the world. Their fans are the loudest on forums. They are cuddled and protected by the mods so the reality is completely distorted.
They know it but just being willfully ignorant or just plain ignorant. If they thought Xbox was at the top of the world, why are they using the excuse that PS5 is the market leader and Xbox needs ABK to compete against (in their minds) Sony's bad business practices of securing exclusives and DLC while being the market leader?

EN250

17 Feb 2023
I would love if COD just went exclusive and faded into the bro-gamer only background

Hey man, dudebroh gamers need a best place to play as well, PS5 is a beast, but a serviceable one catering to almost everyone in gaming, no need to change that

As for the topic, goddamn, imagine how high PS5 would have been if not for the shortages, records destroyed everywhere...

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
As a hardware platform, most certainly.

I'd love them to drop the hardware and focus on being a 3rd party publisher. It would honestly be awesome to have their games on PS5. If not via Game Pass, I'd still possibly buy their games from the Store if they made them available, like with Steam. The only difference between console and PC is that MS have console hardware that is competing with PS. Cut that out and everybody benefits.
When they shut down the hardware, they’ll just rename the software side back to Microsoft Game Studios to scrub the toxic stench of nearly a quarter-century of failure as a business off.