Both Silknight & Billbil-kun state GOW R next game coming to PC. Also God of War project being worked on but not by Santa Monica Studios.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Umpteenth? Only console gamers paíd for new releases of Skyrim. Due to the wonderful console generations that render your prior library unplayable in a new device unless the platform holder does a titanic effort.

The special edition was just given for free to any existing ownerscon PC and the anniversary edition was just a DLC. Which I do NOT recommend buying as it screws up mod compatibility and you can't go back once you activate it.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
i know, you write stupid things all the time and it is a pattern now(what that would entail?:unsure:), this time is no exception. and i address your yapping for the last time.

first.

it was non answer as it can be for both questions.

he specifically asked in HIS EYES on PC.

he didn't ask why Playstation values the game as it does on Playstation. it can be multitude different reasons why Playstation values the game as it does on Playstation, and it can be multitude different reasons why Playstation values said game on PC differently.
he didn't ask what Playstation value it worth.

Let say, i would Grant him his answer and you yours.

View attachment 5000 photo taken today.

by your both admission, 60$ price tag on PC is indeed is unfair, and it should be the same as on Playstation as you both said, so it should be 70$.
Are you aware of how often this game goes on sale? Here's a graph of just how often this game, in its Director's Cut form, on PS5, has been discounted to its historical low of $29.39:

lFPW3AC.png

Hope that goalpost you're about to move is really heavy and cumbersome. And you want to talk about "yapping" patterns. 🤣

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Are you aware of how often this game goes on sale? Here's a graph of just how often this game, in its Director's Cut form, on PS5, has been discounted to its historical low of $29.39:

lFPW3AC.png

Hope that goalpost you're about to move is really heavy and cumbersome. And you want to talk about patterns. 🤣
you are trying to move goalpost as you can read you own message.
They're worth what they're worth on the PlayStation Store after being available for 4 years.
so game is worth 70$, go look.
i would grant you this argument, if the game would get permanent price cut(fair game). especially after 3 years, but still, Playstation values it at 70$ on daily basis.
but nice try, to sneak in Deals (y)

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
It'll be $30 again in a few weeks, and then again a few weeks after that, and again after that if the pattern keeps repeating as it has.

"sneak in Deals"? What does that even mean? This isn't sketchy third party sites, this is the price history of the actual online PlayStation Store.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
It'll be $30 again in a few weeks, and then again a few weeks after that, and again after that if the pattern keeps repeating as it has.

"sneak in Deals"? What does that even mean? This isn't sketchy third party sites, this is the price history of the actual online PlayStation Store.
The next Steam sale is around the corner, why complain?

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
you don't even know why this is being discussed, clearly
I know what was being discussed and you showed a pic of the game being regularly on sale. Being it on sale, means the game has another, higher original price, as shown in previous posts.

But because you couldn't take the L, you had to move the goalpost.

And because you are looking at the price when the game is on sale, I said you should wait for the next Steam sale.

Reactions: Gediminas

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
I know what was being discussed and you showed a pic of the game being regularly on sale. Being it on sale, means the game has another, higher original price, as shown in previous posts.

But because you couldn't take the L, you had to move the goalpost.

And because you are looking at the price when the game is on sale, I said you should wait for the next Steam sale.
So you know what was being discussed and you still told me to wait for the Steam sale? So you're intentionally not making any sense?

Cool.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
So you know what was being discussed and you still told me to wait for the Steam sale? So you're intentionally not making any sense?

Cool.

How doesn't it make any sense? You want the game at the same price as during a sale? Wait for a sale 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
BluePoint made Demons Souls in 2 years.
No, it was FromSoftware who made the game.

What Bluepoint did a in a couple years was the remake. Basically a visual facelift, the design and gameplay is pretty much the same.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Sony should just become a solely software company if this is the way forward that they want to pursue

why even bother continuing to develop consoles which are expensive to produce and have to be sold at a loss if you aren't giving anyone a reason to purchase them

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

What Bluepoint did a in a couple years was the remake. Basically a visual facelift, the design and gameplay is pretty much the same.
That's what he said, made a remake in couple of years and instead of making some side game, they could have just remade 2 more games in the same time frame.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Cool.
Use you brains.

It makes very much sense, he advice you to USE same CONDITIONS.

You tried to compare full priced game with the game on sale(deal).

He says, then wait for a sale and use game on sale VS game on sale.

• brain
Reactions: Polyh3dron

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

I know its a remake dude. Same as SOTC. Outside of Blast Factor and some support for God of War Ragnarok, most there work has be ports and remakes. SOTC and Demons Souls were remakes from the ground up, some of the best, and most accurate when it comes to gameplay.

They can develop a remake to quality of Demons Souls and SOTC in just over 2 years. Not a crossgen game, but one of the few only PS5 exclusives. They probably could of done 2 remakes in that time by 2025 comes in. Ico, SOTN :)

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony should just become a solely software company if this is the way forward that they want to pursue

why even bother continuing to develop consoles which are expensive to produce and have to be sold at a loss if you aren't giving anyone a reason to purchase them
To stop making consoles when they are the market leaders it would be super stupid and nonsensical.

Most of the money made by Sony comes from their console, and particularly from selling (mostly 3rd party) games in their platform (mostly digitally).

I know its a remake dude. Same as SOTC. Outside of Blast Factor and some support for God of War Ragnarok, most there work has be ports and remakes. SOTC and Demons Souls were remakes from the ground up, some of the best, and most accurate when it comes to gameplay.

They can develop a remake to quality of Demons Souls and SOTC in just over 2 years. Not a crossgen game, but one of the few only PS5 exclusives. They probably could of done 2 remakes in that time by 2025 comes in. Ico, SOTN :)
Yes, but as devs they prefer to work in new games, as they did codeveloping GoWR as a support team.

And well, they aren't random devs. They have a lot of people who worked in new games like the three Metroid Prime, Mario Kart 7, Donkey Kong Returns, Diablo 2, WoW, ND games and many more top tier stuff.

But they can't make their own AAA games because aren't big enough and don't have enough game designers, so they work as support team codeveloping somebody else games.

But Sony games for Sony studios. Not SOTN, which is a Konami game. Sony -which includes Bluepoint- won't make games or remakes for Konami. Or for Capcom, or Nintendo.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yes, but as devs they prefer to work in new games, as they did codeveloping GoWR as a support team.

And well, they aren't random devs. They have a lot of people who worked in new games like the three Metroid Prime, Mario Kart 7, Donkey Kong Returns, Diablo 2, WoW, ND games and many more top tier stuff.

But they can't make their own AAA games because aren't big enough and don't have enough game designers, so they work as support team codeveloping somebody else games.
They can prefer what they want, there value atm is remakes/ports. And like you said, they arent big enough to make there own game. I dont know what you would prefer, but instead of just helping with GOWR, I would of preferred if we got a game or 2 out of them.

But Sony games for Sony studios. Not SOTN, which is a Konami game. Sony -which includes Bluepoint- won't make games or remakes for Konami. Or for Capcom, or Nintendo.
Yes, but they can easily make a deal for something like SOTN. Instead of making deals using trash to remake games like Star Wars KOTOR (Another mistake) or Silent Hill 2, offer one of there own studios for remakes.
Or go and make some of the countless other Sony IPS they own like Ico, Infamous, KZ Etc

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They can prefer what they want, there value atm is remakes/ports. And like you said, they arent big enough to make there own game. I dont know what you would prefer, but instead of just helping with GOWR, I would of preferred if we got a game or 2 out of them.
I'd prefer to continue growing them until they are big enough to have these 4 teams working at the same time:
  1. Sequel team: Lead studio team for a brand new AAA game of somebody else's IP, maybe some big Sony gaming IP the other studios are too busy to work with (Uncharted 5, next GoW, Days Gone 2, Bloodborne 2, some Marvel IP...)
  2. New IP team: Lead studio team for a brand new AAA game of a brand new IP created by Bluepoint
  3. Support team: Support studio team to codevelop games leaded by other studios (Uncharted 5, next GoW, Days Gone 2, Bloodborne 2, some Marvel IP...)
  4. Remakes team 1: Remaking -really reimagining and remaking, not only a visual facelift- important Sony classics (GoW 1, Uncharted 1, Bloodborne, Syphon Filter...)
  5. Remakes team 2: Remaking -really reimagining and remaking, not only a visual facelift- important Sony classics (GoW 1, Uncharted 1, Bloodborne, Syphon Filter...)
But things like growing a studio take time. No need to rush, they better grow step by step.

Yes, but they can easily make a deal for something like SOTN. Instead of making deals using trash to remake games like Star Wars KOTOR (Another mistake) or Silent Hill 2, offer one of there own studios for remakes.
Or go and make some of the countless other Sony IPS they own like Ico, Infamous, KZ Etc
Regarding Star Wars KOTOR remake, Sony only signed to have (who knows if timed) console exclusivity and to publish its PS version. It isn't their game, they aren't remaking it and they aren't publishing it in other platforms (it's going to be released minimum in PC).

What they could do for SOTN would be similar to what they do in any 3rd party deal: to pay for (often timed) console exclusivity. And then in this case Konami finds someone (not a Sony studio) to make the project, in this case a remake.

Sony won't develop games for another publisher, and even less make remakes for them. And even less with games that had -in the context of today- low sales as is SOTN.

The only possibility of Sony making a SOTN would be if they'd acquire Konami, something I assume won't happen at least soon due to multiple reasons. In case of Castlevania, Sony wouldn't need to acquire that IP when they have something like Bloodborne that sold way better and has way more sales potential.

(I say this being a big Castlevania fan and particularly of SotN, and knowing some devs from Mercury, who worked in the best selling Castlevania ever).

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'd prefer to continue growing them until they are big enough to have these 4 teams working at the same time:
  1. Sequel team: Lead studio team for a brand new AAA game of somebody else's IP, maybe some big Sony gaming IP the other studios are too busy to work with (Uncharted 5, next GoW, Days Gone 2, Bloodborne 2, some Marvel IP...)
  2. New IP team: Lead studio team for a brand new AAA game of a brand new IP created by Bluepoint
  3. Support team: Support studio team to codevelop games leaded by other studios (Uncharted 5, next GoW, Days Gone 2, Bloodborne 2, some Marvel IP...)
  4. Remakes team 1: Remaking -really reimagining and remaking, not only a visual facelift- important Sony classics (GoW 1, Uncharted 1, Bloodborne, Syphon Filter...)
  5. Remakes team 2: Remaking -really reimagining and remaking, not only a visual facelift- important Sony classics (GoW 1, Uncharted 1, Bloodborne, Syphon Filter...)
But things like growing a studio take time. No need to rush, they better grow step by step.
That would be perfect. I still think they could of had one team making a remake after Demons Souls and another on GOWR.
What they could do for SOTN would be similar to what they do in any 3rd party deal: to pay for (often timed) console exclusivity. And then in this case Konami finds someone (not a Sony studio) to make the project, in this case a remake.

Sony won't develop games for another publisher, and even less make remakes for them. And even less with games that had -in the context of today- low sales as is SOTN.
I could see them saying, Hey Konami, this IP you’re not using, let us create a game for it. Split the moneys lol.

There isnt much point comparing low sale games of the past to now. It could be right, but at the same time, lots of games are selling better than ever before. Before the only PS IP was Gran Turismo use to sell more than a few million. Now alot of games are selling 10+million. Games that sold much much less are now hitting a million etc.

Games that werent so popular like Yakuza are selling better than before. Alot of IPs are becoming more popular despite being super niche for the last 2-3 decades. A 2D game like SOTN wouldnt cost much and would probably sell alot better than before. It would be a E3 2015/2016 move. Not saying its gonna happen, but using it as an example because Bluepoint hinted to making remakes like MGS and SOTN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Systemshock2023