God of War: Ragnarök - Review embargo expected to be lifted one week before official launch date

8BiTw0LF

Sign of confidence?

God Of War Ps4 GIF by PlayStation

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Good sign in terms of reviews but I don't like the amount of time it gives people who will leak and try to ruin the story / game.

We have a lot of people out here trying to damage PlayStation, attack the fanbase and undermine the exclusive games and their value.

Might be unavoidable anyway I guess I'll have to stay away from YT and Twitter for a period of time.

I'm incredibly excited to see the new scope and creativity.

P

peter42O

Not a surprise. Doesn't Sony usually have reviews go live a week or so before release? Looking forward to playing my 2022 game of the year on November 9th.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Confidence. None of that hiding behind PR speak, talking it about being the biggest entry in the franchise ever, will last ten years blah blah blah.

azertydu91

4 Jul 2022
Not a surprise. Doesn't Sony usually have reviews go live a week or so before release? Looking forward to playing my 2022 game of the year on November 9th.
Yeah that's usualy how it goes....Gow 2018 was a notable exception though , the embargo ended something like the day before release.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sign of confidence?
Sign of a game that was supposed to be released last year but they gave extra time because they waited for the main actor to recover and delayed the game, but devs continued working on the game.

So probably they gave devs way more time than they needed so maybe had the game ready for press a bit earlier than usual.

P.S.: If any reviewer releases too much spoiler with this game I hope gets totally discredited and banned to the point that loses his/her job and that Sony stops working with that medium.

• brain
Reactions: 8BiTw0LF

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sign of a game that was supposed to be released last year but they gave extra time because they waited for the main actor to recover and delayed the game, but devs continued working on the game.

So probably they gave devs way more time than they needed so maybe had the game ready for press a bit earlier than usual.

P.S.: If any reviewer releases too much spoiler with this game I hope gets totally discredited and banned to the point that loses his/her job and that Sony stops working with that medium.

Reviewers sign NDAs that state what they can mention on their hands-on previews and reviews. Sony, like Microsoft or Nintendo, would absolutely blacklist most reviewers if they released information beyond the scope of an NDA. That is, excluding the major publications like IGN, but it's not hard to imagine they'd pressure them into not having that writer work on their games anymore.