God of War Ragnarök Valhalla file size revealed: 7.6 GB and Valhalla will be Epilogue. Plus patch notes.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Eye rolling that Rogue-like Mode is the new Tacked-on Multiplayer, but I'm still gonna play the shit out of this and Last of Us.

That’s an interesting observation. Yea, they’re treating these modes like how mp used to be treated. In some ways the rogue-like modes are the better option for some games and their longevity. I can’t hate.

I’m glad the era of tacked on multiplayer is dead. Players want dedicated mp games over that option….

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Eh, I like difficulty but not impossible bs or permadeath.

I hope there’s a reason to play. Arcade score modes etc are good times but kinda I need a goal to motivate, either trophies or an ending worth seeing. Hoping to be surprised and to see what’s next teased. I love the combat in these games.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
D

Deleted member 223

If it's molded around the concepts found in Returnal, you'll be OP as fuck. Thus, permadeath and back to 0 doesn't hurt that much. All depends on how far up the ladder (waves) you wish to go I guess. Even in Returnal past mid way of phase 4 can get brutal.

I’m glad the era of tacked on multiplayer is dead. Players want dedicated mp games over that option….

Don't know about that. Would have taken Factions 2 "tacked on" anyday, not this dev hell title where scope clearly got the best of them.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Either we get tht or maybe nothing. I like this addition to sustain interest in a game and add hours of fun.
I think this one will turn out good. But if we end up in a situation where lots of AAA do low effort post launch rogue like modes, nothing might've been better. It does affect the integrity of the IP, similar to how Nintendo characters showing up in Mario Kart / Smash Bros do.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

New in Patch [05.01]

• God of War Ragnarök: Valhalla DLC – to find out more details about content, please head to our blog post here.

Bug Fixes

Equipment

• Fixed an issue that caused the banner of the Draupnir Spear to no longer look upgraded when used in transmog.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Flawless Berserker waist armor to not have a glowing effect.

Localization

• [Arabic Only] Fixed an alignment issue that caused an icon to overlap with the controller diagram.

Known Issue

• If a user installs God of War Ragnarök: Valhalla before installing God of War Ragnarök, then tries to launch the DLC before the base game has finished downloading they will get an infinite loading screen.
    • WORKAROUND: Finish downloading God of War Ragnarök before attempting to access the DLC.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Can you start this from any point in the story?
I already started new game plus a while back and am still early on