God of War Ragnarok is Being Review Bombed

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
The goal is to create a fear factor, wherein the Game Award participants/voters will fear being tainted with calls of Sony "bias", "the Sony show" etc.
Ridiculous considering the venue where the show takes place and the obvious largest sponsor.

Mark my works, they will give Spencer airtime to spout pro-monopoly propaganda this year.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Black is White. It's not about truth or objectiveness, it's about who can impose its will on the other narrative wise through coordinated actions. Marketing departments and its associated arms play a role, media plays a role, and the "grassroots - fanboys, consumers" all play a role.

Sony is ill-equipped and practiced in this given their futile efforts to combat the onslaught. I would have cleaned house in their marketing dept long ago - but it's not up to me. It's not just about having the "better product do the talking". There is much more to it than that, "perception management" and thus outside of having the better product Sony's launch is eaten daily by MS marketing dept. What happens when the golden goose, "the better product" is no longer there or MS manages to achieve some sort of perceived parity - not the make believe that exist now? Well you're fucked, cause the press won't miss. With that said, library attachment can hold the line for a full gen, but not much more outside of the core fans beyond a full gen - the switches will occur, specially if you dillute the reasons to buy the box.

My opinion or your opinion don't really matter at the end of the day. I think media coverage vis a vis market share in this industry speak for itself - that is the disproportionate coverage MS and the Xbox brand receive relative to the market share they control.

Last edited:

ItsPaulPS5

8 Dec 2022
Im tired man...its the same story everytime with every PlayStation game lol,review bomb after review bomb,i believe it all started with The Last of Us Part 2 and just continued...Metacritic clearly doesnt care enough to prevent it from happening

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Im tired man...its the same story everytime with every PlayStation game lol,review bomb after review bomb,i believe it all started with The Last of Us Part 2 and just continued...Metacritic clearly doesnt care enough to prevent it from happening

Welcome to the forum Paul!

Reactions: PropellerEar

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It started before that, honestly. I'd say it goes at least back to Bloodborne, which got review bombed because of entitled dipshits who were all torn up over it not being multiplatform.