God of War's Christopher Judge Won't Voice Young Kratos

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The past Kratos shown at the end of God of War Ragnarok was silent during his memorable scene, and this is likely due to Christopher Judge refusing to voice him out of respect for Terrence C. Carson’s work in the original trilogy. In a brief video clip posted by YouTuber AbdBay, Judge expressed high praise for Carson’s performance and stated that he never set out to “match” him while creating his own take on Kratos. He goes on to say that he was recently contacted for a role that required him to emulate Carson’s younger Kratos, which Judge turned down because he felt it would have been disrespectful to him.

“I never watched any of the scenes from the earlier (God of War games) because TC’s so great, and I thought it would be a disservice to try to voice match him or anything, nor did they ask for it,” Judge said. “From the very beginning, it was about making it my own.”

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Ummmm didn't post this yesterday because he wasn't even asked to voice him he was just saying "I wouldn't voice him".

For clarity...

Last edited:

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
IGN also posted this story with no spoiler tag. They straight up wrote the same sentence as the headline. Lol.