God of War's Creator Thinks That the Character of Kratos Took a Wrong Turn

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'm not against a return to that style sometime, that can be fun but things needed to be refreshed badly after Ascension.

I wish Sony would be open to do some smaller project like a new GoW in the style of the old games. Maybe find a smaller studio that is willing to work on it like Nintendo does with many of their IPs.

It can be beneficial to both sides, the smaller/indie studio gets more visibility and Sony strengthens their IP and library of exclusive (even better for them if it's an IP they have not been using).

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
No need for the homophobic rant
The new dlc got Kra going around regretting everything in 1-3 and feeling pity for himself and killing all the folks that got in his way, that shit was unbearable, i had to turn that shit off.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I can't say that I disagree.

I would especially love the future games to feel much more arcadey, with a jump button please.

The series also lost its sense of scale and adventure.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I sympathize with devs wanting to inject their own experiences as they age into the characters they work on but is it necessary? Shouldn’t that be regulated to your own original IP? Someone like Kojima can do that because he created the characters he’s diving into. Cory Barlog just got handed Kratos.
The IP belongs to Sony, not Jaffe.

If Jaffe wanted to keep the IP, he should have published God of War on his own.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The IP belongs to Sony, not Jaffe.

If Jaffe wanted to keep the IP, he should have published God of War on his own.
The man left on his own will to pursue some mobile crap, which obviously failed. He's now bitter the series is doing better than when he was around. I love the first GOW but the guy's just super salty.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Say1nMan

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I read jaffes idea of kratos turning into death at the end…yeah series would have been dead and buried like all his other ip if he was still in charge

This is what happens when you keep the old guard around for too long that refuse to adapt

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I read jaffes idea of kratos turning into death at the end…yeah series would have been dead and buried like all his other ip if he was still in charge

This is what happens when you keep the old guard around for too long that refuse to adapt

I really enjoy the work of the new team. Valhalla is exceptional in every sense.

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The new dlc got Kra going around regretting everything in 1-3 and feeling pity for himself and killing all the folks that got in his way, that shit was unbearable, i had to turn that shit off.
Huh? Kratos has always regretted his actions....even in GoW 1-3 🤦‍♂️ Valhalla is about him confronting it and properly reflecting on it, instead of just ignoring it and letting his issues fester. This was the only way he could become a God of War again.

I swear the new GoW games are an amazing litmus test....

• Shake
Reactions: KiryuRealty

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
They give the excuse of growing older and having kids themselves, as devs, but a part of my can’t help but think they just want to disassociate from how crude the early games were. Very sexual/boys club humor the industry is fervently against now.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They give the excuse of growing older and having kids themselves, as devs, but a part of my can’t help but think they just want to disassociate from how crude the early games were. Very sexual/boys club humor the industry is fervently against now.
True. What was OK then is frowned upon now.

Reactions: BroodCorp

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
its weird going back and playing the original god of war and every woman you talk to just has her big ol double d titties out for no reason lol

Thats why people didn’t take games seriously back then, it was like peaking into a 10 year olds notebook

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
its weird going back and playing the original god of war and every woman you talk to just has her big ol double d titties out for no reason lol

Thats why people didn’t take games seriously back then, it was like peaking into a 10 year olds notebook
Don't body-shame women with DDs.