Google Deepmind announces Genie, first generative interactive environment model. .

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Irrelevant how

I show you previously the video of AI doing artist job that took month to do ai acomplished it in just couple hour

Im not a fan of these recent ai development but it is what it is no sugarcoat or copium here from me
You assume all studios are going to behave like this, cutting costs, etc, no, some studios will just double down and show up with games that have tons of people working on them alongside the AI advancements and if games with hundreds of devs are already profitable now there is no reasons to think they will be less profitable in the future specially if most other publishers start to divest and cut costs.

If games will just build themselves and SIE will only need an skeleton crew to make them then they already lost because their biggest strength in the last 10+ years has been production quality above anything else.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
You assume all studios are going to behave like this, cutting costs, etc, no, some studios will just double down and show up with games that have tons of people working on them alongside the AI advancements and if games with hundreds of devs are already profitable now there is no reasons to think they will be less profitable in the future specially if most other publishers start to divest and cut costs.
Im not assuming it already happened in many different fields of work including videogame

The company and coorporation doesnt really care about the people who argue " are you replacing me with AI just because they perform better and faster so you dont have to pay for employee wheres your sense of humanity"

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Im not assuming it already happened in many different fields of work including videogame

The company and coorporation doesnt really care about the people who argue " are you replacing me with AI just because they perform better and faster so you dont have to pay for employee wheres your sense of humanity"
Yeah thts why unions were created and other strategies to fight owners not giving a fuck!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

You don't seem to understand my point. You keep assuming I don't know what AI is or what it is capable of, that is not the case.

I just completely disagree that the path to become a leading publisher is reducing the workforce and focusing on cutting costs right now.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I just completely disagree that the path to become a leading publisher is reducing the workforce and focusing on cutting costs right now.
But this is how every company and coorporation works maximum profit with mininum effort and expenses

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
But this is how every company and coorporation works maximum profit with mininum effort and expenses
No. You can also invest if you believe it's going to provide a good returns, not everything is about cutting costs.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Saw some posts about that AI on twitter apparently if you say to it I'm proud to be (insert ethnicity) it will tell you it's great that you're proud blah blah , expect if you say white in which case it basically says how dare you , you racist 🤣 ... Also someone asked it if missgendering Caitlyn Jenner was the only way to stop a nuclear apocalypse would it be acceptable & it says no 🤣

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Saw some posts about that AI on twitter apparently if you say to it I'm proud to be (insert ethnicity) it will tell you it's great that you're proud blah blah , expect if you say white in which case it basically says how dare you , you racist 🤣 ... Also someone asked it if missgendering Caitlyn Jenner was the only way to stop a nuclear apocalypse would it be acceptable & it says no 🤣
Wait hold up I confused this with 'gemini' my bad

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
No. You can also invest if you believe it's going to provide a good returns, not everything is about cutting costs.
What good returns were you refering to?

Options A

Using AI as a free app, can do the work of artist and programmer that took week or month to acomplished

Option B

Keep hiring hundreds of employee, keep paying their wages every months

Which option you gona choose

Now what im asking you here to think as a head ceo not as an idealist

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Options A

Using AI as a free app, can do the work of artist and programmer that took week or month to acomplished

Option B

💪

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Options A

Option B

Using AI doesn't require you to reduce your workforce, your are going to need devs to make good use of AI, manpower and talent are still going to be important for the foreseeable future. If it ever gets to the point that the talent of your dev team doesn't matter then Sony is screwed anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Using AI doesn't require you to reduce your workforce, your are going to need devs to make good use of AI, manpower and talent are still going to be important for the foreseeable future. If it ever gets to the point that the talent of your dev team doesn't matter than Sony is screwed anyway.
They should worry more about their culture and quality which has gotten them this far. AL has benefits but tht quality will suffer and thy will lose.

Reactions: Nhomnhom