Gran Turismo Sport has been delisted from the PS Store

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
As of January 1st 2024, Gran Turismo Sport has been delisted off the PS Store, which is weird considering the fact that the original announcement for the shutdown did not mention a date for the game getting delisted, nor was it mentioned that it would get delisted in the first place.

According to the blogplost, all singleplayer functions will be accessible and playable, but it does not mention whether the DRM will be removed, which doesn't allow you to save unless you are connected to the servers.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Sony could have the servers running forever, they just being dicks.
Add this to the list of issues that comes when you combine a singleplayer game with online freatures, the whole game becomes useless once the servers go off line

Reactions: toadsage44
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Add this to the list of issues that comes when you combine a singleplayer game with online freatures, the whole game becomes useless once the servers go off line
They could just patch it so it doesn't need a server connection to work when you wanna play it offline which it should've been like that when it released same with the new one

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
According to the blogplost, all singleplayer functions will be accessible and playable.

I mean it's stating you can still do single player stuff.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I still have it on disc, I wonder if it will actually work in a few years.
I do too, still in wrapper I'll try it in a few months and report back lol. I doubt it'll be diff than Drive Club, thts still playable.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
What's the point of live service if selling 12 million copies isn't enough to keep the servers up?
Why keep shouldering the expenses for Sport when 7 has come out?

With GT7 being cross-gen, nobody is left behind by the transition, and I would bet the usage statistics show the bulk of the Sport Players have moved on to 7 by this point in time. Just because they've sold 12 million copies does NOT mean 12 million people are still playing GT Sport.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Cool hand luke
D

Deleted member 223

If you ever needed a reason to support physical media format and non-GaaS games.

Let's hope it's an error and not a disgusting and repulsive pinch penny cost saving move

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
If you ever needed a reason to support physical media format and non-GaaS games.

Let's hope it's an error and not a disgusting and repulsive pinch penny cost saving move
Could you be more overdramatic?

An old game is having it's online services shut down in 3 months, and since that was the bulk of the game, they aren't selling it anymore.

If you own it, you can still play it single-player.

If you don't own it, they are not selling you a game with online features that no longer work, and you can buy the new entry that has more content all around.

Reactions: Box

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
😢 this is why live service sucks and why physical is king.

GAAS ftw

Live service till the death mofos.

Gangsta Jimbo in da house.

incomparablyme GIF

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
What's the point of live service if selling 12 million copies isn't enough to keep the servers up?

I mean I guess many of those ppl moved on to GT7 so it makes no sense to keep the other servers open. This isn't a Destiny 2 situation where there's nothing to move on to.

People playing GT7 ( still bunch of people still playing GTS, though ). Anyway, game is 6 years old. There is no point to keep servers alive. Anyway, all saved Driver/Sportmantship ratings, livery are moved to GT7 anyway.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The only opposing argument (playing devils advocate) we could make is that COD servers stay in for years and years even after other CODs come out but those are totally diff games.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The only opposing argument (playing devils advocate) we could make is that COD servers stay in for years and years even after other CODs come out but those are totally diff games.
If I recall correctly, COD in particular also keeps things so much the same for the networking portion of the games that they don't really need to dedicate servers to individual games exclusively anymore, so it just shifts which instances are which version according to demand.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If I recall correctly, COD in particular also keeps things so much the same for the networking portion of the games that they don't really need to dedicate servers to individual games exclusively anymore, so it just shifts which instances are which version according to demand.
Interesting if true.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Their parting roulette for Sport is pathetic.

A bunch of cars that you buy from 30 mins of driving. Cmon, give us 500 million credit ticket, an invitation and a roulette for them legend cars...