Granblue Fantasy: Relink" PS4/PS5 demo out now. |UP| 1/27/24 Preload is up! 52 gbs

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I'm liking the demo but only 1080p on performance mode sucks.....why? This is a ps4 game.... feels lazy to me. I would get it on PC, but this is one of those games I wanna own physically.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Really good demo.... hope the final game has a higher resolution but I doubt it.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
i'm talking about in Performance mode, I tried quality mode, it looks amazing but the 30fps feels terrible. If Ragnarok and HFW can do 1800p 60fps, this game definitely should be able to as well
Played on quality mode.
But yeah, no optimization, no extra effort. If game can do 4k30, it for sure can do 1440p60. They basically slapped FDH and called a day.

Those two doesn't have so much going on really but still, this game aren't breaking any records either.

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Played on quality mode.
But yeah, no optimization, no extra effort. If game can do 4k30, it for sure can do 1440p60. They basically slapped FDH and called a day.

Those two doesn't have so much going on really but still, this game aren't breaking any records either.
Ragnarok and HFW don't have much going on? Huh?? Both those games have amazing graphics

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Been looking forward to Granblue for a while and will download and play the demo this weekend.

Quick question though - can you play fully solo without AI team mates always being with you or is that a mandatory thing? Thanks.
Iirc you are able to turn off the AI teammates and play full solo

Reactions: peter42O

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Finally got around to playing the demo. I like it a lot, the combat design is very much like a Tales of game except less janky and floaty (one of the reasons I'm kind of meh on the Tales of series is because the combat is way too floaty).
Positives:
-Everything looks clean - UI is clean, graphics are like if Zelda were a PS4 pro game, 60 fps feels pretty solid and I didn't get distracted by any framedrops or screen tearing that I could see
-60FPS mode still looks quite good, didn't get the sense that it was dropping internal res into the dirt like FF16 did
-Wonderful art design, I really like the character designs
-I enjoyed the combat mechanics which at least in the demo aren't anything super innovative but it's polished and feels weighty/consequential, has enough depth to keep you engaged

Okays:
-Music doesn't really stand out that much
-30fps mode is not great and too choppy for my tastes, probably could've used a bit stronger motion blur
-60fps mode is 1080p, although IG with the anime artstyle this isn't such a huge issue

Negatives:
-Didn't really feel any advanced use of haptics on the dualsense
-Demo doesn't have any way to rebind buttons/keys - I expect this to be in the full release bc dodging with R2 feels weird

26 Nov 2023
Yeah I fucks with this game. Combat feels amazing and thank the lord you can dodge cancel out of attacks. The variety and flow of combat is so diverse between characters that I can already tell I’m gonna get really stuck into multiple character builds with different characters.

I was praying this game delivered because I was hype for years, and this demo did just that. Man, 2024 is gonna be an insane year for JRPG fans

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Finally got around to playing the demo. I like it a lot, the combat design is very much like a Tales of game except less janky and floaty (one of the reasons I'm kind of meh on the Tales of series is because the combat is way too floaty).
Positives:
-Everything looks clean - UI is clean, graphics are like if Zelda were a PS4 pro game, 60 fps feels pretty solid and I didn't get distracted by any framedrops or screen tearing that I could see
-60FPS mode still looks quite good, didn't get the sense that it was dropping internal res into the dirt like FF16 did
-Wonderful art design, I really like the character designs
-I enjoyed the combat mechanics which at least in the demo aren't anything super innovative but it's polished and feels weighty/consequential, has enough depth to keep you engaged

Okays:
-Music doesn't really stand out that much
-30fps mode is not great and too choppy for my tastes, probably could've used a bit stronger motion blur
-60fps mode is 1080p, although IG with the anime artstyle this isn't such a huge issue

Negatives:
-Didn't really feel any advanced use of haptics on the dualsense
-Demo doesn't have any way to rebind buttons/keys - I expect this to be in the full release bc dodging with R2 feels weird
i agree, not to have button remaking is kinda weird, it is not 2000 any more, all RPG should have that.
at least, you can remap it somewhat on PS5 itself.

usually i use X for dodge and O for jump.

if i could write devs somewhere, i would...

combat, remember, to do combos, because it makes way more damage and builds Arts.. simple enemies then feels not so spongy any more.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Granblue Fantasy: Relink (PS4-PS5)- 𝗗𝗼𝘄𝗻𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝗦𝗶𝘇𝗲 :pS4 : 25.831 GBPS5 : 52.800 GB

• fire
Reactions: anonpuffs

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Part of the protracted dev time on this one is down to changing devs part way through, and I am guessing all of Platinum's work on it was discarded, which would take a few years off the count for what got released in the end.
Actually, they stated that Platinum games layed the ground for combat mechanics etc.. and from demo, we can see the results of it. Maybe they were contracted to do just that and move on.

Some games just takes time, look at Rise of the Ronin, game is in development from 2017, and Playstation co developing it.