Graphics Analysis : What does a 'next-gen' game mean?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Game had so much potential. Its shame what Ubisoft did to it.

You can find ugly things in any game. You are looking for the ugly here and claiming its not impressive while ignoring literally everything else.

Everything tied to the ground outside of foliage is ugly, its liek what am I admiring, the clouds? Yeah those look good. Its not blowing me away

4 Aug 2022
Doesn’t compare to demon’s souls, rift apart, or horizon
You are talking about fictional worlds with models creating an art style vs an engine/game going for realism.

I understand your opinion but you aren't representing Flight Sim fair is my point. Not taking anything away from the games you mentioned but Flight Sim stands with them.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
You are talking about fictional worlds with models creating an art style vs an engine/game going for realism.

I understand your opinion but you aren't representing Flight Sim fair is my point. Not taking anything away from the games you mentioned but Flight Sim stands with them.

I’m simply saying what looks like the best next gen looking games are. I don’t care if its a sim or fantasy world. notice how i did not include GT7 in that, right?

4 Aug 2022
I’m simply saying what looks like the best next gen looking games are. I don’t care if its a sim or fantasy world. notice how i did not include GT7 in that, right?
And Im simply saying that rendering visuals that are mimicking realism requires far more computational power than a world not found in a realistic art style. Its impressive what Flight Sim does considering what its striving for. Dark Souls, Ratchet, etc, aren't trying to look "real."

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
And Im simply saying that rendering visuals that are mimicking realism requires far more computational power than a world not found in a realistic art style. Its impressive what Flight Sim does considering what its striving for. Dark Souls, Ratchet, etc, aren't trying to look "real."
And like i said before, something can be technically impressive without being the most aesthetically pleasing

A ken burns documentary can be informative and highly representative of real world events but avengers is still a more visually appealing movie.

4 Aug 2022
And like i said before, something can be technically impressive without being the most aesthetically pleasing

A ken burns documentary can be informative and highly representative of real world events but avengers is still a more visually appealing movie.

Again you are misrepresenting it and being disingenuous.

I digress.

mansoor1980

4 Jul 2022
this has been delayed as per the other thread but god damn it does look incredible