Graphics Opinion: Name a game over 5yrs old that can still go toe to toe with a current game released this year 2022.

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
It still wouldn't, the only thing it has going for it is the rain and if you stop and look around at anything even in the rain you can tell it's an early generation game.
There's no rain in the beginning of this one, you can see how great Driveclub looks. The lighting is masterful

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: nominedomine

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I've owned it since it came out, I know exactly how it looks.
Is That So Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 13

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Preach bro! It's crazy how advanced Driveclub is visually

just wish it handled better. It was a looker for sure. But also the ex people went off to make not so great burnout style games that felt like they went back to making Motorstorm. ANd felt like they didn't learn anything as a studio.

Reactions: Hobbygaming

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
just wish it handled better. It was a looker for sure. But also the ex people went off to make not so great burnout style games that felt like they went back to making Motorstorm. ANd felt like they didn't learn anything as a studio.
Same here. And I think they should've lessened the penalty for mistakes. I felt like one or two bad turns could lose you the race

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Waiting for next year's thread, when GoW 2018, Spider-Man and SotC remake are eligible.

In the meantime, I would say GoW3 Remastered could pass as an early current gen game.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Final Fantasy XIII still looks amazing, even if you're playing the PS3 version and not the Xbox One upgrade

• fire
Reactions: LED

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
As someone who loves Drive Club and thinks it’s one of the best arcade racers since the days of PGR and Rallisport challenge 2…

It aged like shit. The frame rate ruins it. And the stars need to align for a lot of the lightning to not make things look like mud.

Furthermore the game looked significantly better with dlc content and tracks and I doubt most people even saw that… so there’s that

P

peter42O

Ryse Son of Rome
The Order 1886
Assassin's Creed Unity
The Witcher III
Batman Arkham Knight
Horizon Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4
Uncharted: Lost Legacy (it's a month away from being 5 years old so im including it)
Ghost Recon Wildlands
The Division
Forza Horizon 3

Reactions: LED and Hobbygaming
Status
Not open for further replies.