GSD EU sales H1 2024: PS5 top 1 -16%, Switch top 2 -32% and Xbox Series S/X top 3 -37%

26 Nov 2023
We thought they'd figured it all out with the success of the 360, but in the end they didn't, as they destroyed everything with the One and continue to do so with the series.
After Don Mattrick we can say Phil Spencer has done a lot of damage to the brand in 10 years.

Yeah looking at the jump in numbers from OG Xbox to 360, it’s incredible to think about them squandering so much momentum and progress. We all talk about how much Xbox fucked but the numbers paint an absolutely grim picture. Phil really hasn’t done anything to uplift the brand, hell, it’s doing way worse than Xbox One

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Evilms

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They could have price promotions, especially since there are no blockbuster games ATM.

They really should keep sales flowing. Still decent.

Do you mean Xbox?
Microsoft basically did the last shot with their games going to PlayStation.
Nobody even see Xbox as platform anymore so why buy them?

You can see that all Xbots narrative moved to PC 🤷‍♂️

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Most interesting points I see is
LoU 2 remastered is on the top 10 of H1, despite ''no one'' wanting it.
Helldivers 2 going strong as number 2, it's the only new game on the H1 list of this year.

Yeah Sony has always been strong over here, it's unfortunate for them that FC25 is still cross-gen that would move a lot over to current from last wo trying. Maybe the Take-Two FIFA game or FC26 alongside GTA6.. bet Nishino & Hermen are eagerly anticipating for that moment.
Hip Hop Reaction GIF

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Seems still decent to me in regards to the PS5 sales... Nintendo is still doing okay... Xbox though? I hope it gets better for them 🤷‍♂️

Amin_Parker

26 Jun 2024
Saitama
linktr.ee
Do you mean Xbox?
Microsoft basically did the last shot with their games going to PlayStation.
Nobody even see Xbox as platform anymore so why buy them?

You can see that all Xbots narrative moved to PC 🤷‍♂️
That’s what happens when you go third party.

Sure they want to be special by saying that they’re still going to be first party even though they are also third-party. It’s one of the most confusing messages in gaming. Then people wonder why consumers are running away from the Xbox brand in droves.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I honestly didn’t know Sony was this monstrous in EU
Now you know what this guy achieved to be promoted to CEO:
82f3e38c38d1401d828e7afb5c1cb29dc12131fa.gif

In gaming Nintendo is the exception regarding being the only platform where 1st party games have the majority of sales. PS is the exception where EMEA is their top 1 market.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Funny how the same people going on relentlessly about how woke concord is have now gone quiet about Woke of US 2 still being a top 10 seller 4 years later

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Should be higher and would be if PS5 had a price cut or the economy was better there
Sure, without the 2021-2022 stock issues and a price that hasn't dropped that much, it could have been higher than it already is, but I'm not worried about the PS5.

It still has 4-5 years to go before the PS6, and with the arrival of GTA6 it could end up on a par with the PS4.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sure, without the 2021-2022 stock issues and a price that hasn't dropped that much, it could have been higher than it already is, but I'm not worried about the PS5.

It still has 4-5 years to go before the PS6, and with the arrival of GTA6 it could end up on a par with the PS4.
Sure. I think PS5 will have a banger back half, maybe even better than the PS4 back half. Just looking at what's cooking at 1st party studios

Reactions: Evilms
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Funny how the same people going on relentlessly about how woke concord is have now gone quiet about Woke of US 2 still being a top 10 seller 4 years later
There's a big difference: most people bought TLOU2 without knowing how woke it was and because already were attached to the series because of the first game.

Concord instead it's a new IP, so people doesn't have any attachment from previous games. And people saw how woke it is (more than TLOU2) before playing the first closed beta.

PlayStation vs Xbox in Europe

image.png
Very interesting.

I assume these are estimations from the whole generation, with the PS5 as exception since it has still many years to sell while Xbox would die faster.

I also think that a launch aligned version of this comparision would show less difference between the generations.

Last edited: