GTA 6 leak ?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
this has to be real, or the best fake ever. I remember watching videos in early 2012 of a truck driving thru a grassy field claiming to be leaked GTA V footage, was that ever confirmed to be fake? I will see if I can still find that video.

Reactions: Airbus
OP
OP
Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
this has to be real, or the best fake ever. I remember watching videos in early 2012 of a truck driving thru a grassy field claiming to be leaked GTA V footage, was that ever confirmed to be fake? I will see if I can still find that video.
Said to be a very early alpha stage

Kyoji

22 Jun 2022
Strange how all this stuff and unfortunate occurrences is happening to major 3rd party players during a period where all of this consolidation is going on (bethesda woes, activision cracks at the seams) . A leak of this magnitude (if real) will no doubt have major implications financially on rock * (i hope not) but it does seem a bit weird to me, I mean what are the chances that some random joe(s) are skilled enough to hack into their servers? Rock * has previously been in a very strong independent state but the outcome could affect them to a point where they may possibly have to consider selling (depending on how much damage this causes them in the future...) I don't wont to sound too much like a tin foil hat but it does seem odd, lol.

On another note the compressed videos in the OP dont do much justice, IMO it looks pretty good and this is coming from someone who doesn't stan GTA series. It looks about as next gen as you can get for an open world game on the scale GTA6 will probably be on.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Very real, and very cross-gen, which is disappointing

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Strange how all this stuff and unfortunate occurrences is happening to major 3rd party players during a period where all of this consolidation is going on (bethesda woes, activision cracks at the seams) . A leak of this magnitude (if real) will no doubt have major implications financially on rock * (i hope not) but it does seem a bit weird to me, I mean what are the chances that some random joe(s) are skilled enough to hack into their servers? Rock * has previously been in a very strong independent state but the outcome could affect them to a point where they may possibly have to consider selling (depending on how much damage this causes them in the future...) I don't wont to sound too much like a tin foil hat but it does seem odd, lol.

On another note the compressed videos in the OP dont do much justice, IMO it looks pretty good and this is coming from someone who doesn't stan GTA series. It looks about as next gen as you can get for an open world game on the scale GTA6 will probably be on.

Oh it's real.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
What if Sony was planning on having a Showcase this holiday and end it with a GTA VI reveal! I hope that's the case cause it might mean we get a PlayStation Showcase sooner!

edit: GTA V was announced on October 25th, 2011 and it's trailer was released on Wednesday November 2nd, 2011. November 2nd, 2022 is a Wednesday as well!

Reactions: Satoru

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
There must have been dozens of mirrors made and videos already downloaded. Can't stop it now lol.

True, it's gone too far now... Sunday was a good call to leak and R* obviously need to get some security guys to cover up whatever backdoors they left vulnerable... or whether kit was social engineering, then they need more training.