GTA 6 will set creative bars 'for all entertainment,' declares publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 Aug 2022
Australia

"The next GTA was announced in February, when Rockstar said that development of the unnamed game (which we're calling GTA 6 (for now) is "well underway." Rockstar parent Take-Two said exactly the same thing today—development is still "well underway"—and added that the game is going to be really good, too.

"With development of the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series well underway, the Rockstar Games team is determined to once again set creative benchmarks for the series, our industry, and for all entertainment, just as the label has done with every one of their frontline releases," said Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick during today's financial update.

Bloomberg also said that GTA 6's scope had to be "reeled in" at some point, but that it'll be updated with "new missions and cities on a regular basis," so after release it may move back toward its pre-reeling-in scale. Even at launch, though, the publication says that GTA 6 will include more interior locations than any previous GTA."

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Their writing has always straight up sucked it's amazing this franchise was king of the hill for so long. No original music worth a damn, stories suck, characters are paper thin, jokes are bad to lame, scripts and VOs are not setting bars for anything, like what do these guys excel at other than making a large city.

Half of the things people thought were clever were bad puns and stereotypes. Looking forward to seeing how this franchise is neutered and received in clown world.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I would ask for more brain If I were you to be honest.
Don't care about what you think tbh.
Woke>Same boring character and story.
You're always free to not buy and play the game if "wokeness" offends and attacks your sensibilities.
I hope you're ready because this gen you'll just get more and more of this supposed "wokeness" on gaming.

Reactions: EDMIX

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You're always free to not buy and play the game if "wokeness" offends and attacks your sensibilities.
I hope you're ready because this gen you'll just get more and more of this supposed "wokeness" on gaming.
What your asking for is diversity, which is a good thing! Woke for the sake of being woke is not, I think it is about balance, the story doesn't have to revolve around stereotypes just because your protagonist is a black women or a trans person etc...

Nym

21 Jun 2022

Actually I think we might be starting to see a light at the end of this retarded tunnel. Netflix deleting uber woke staff and WB tossing fully completed woke projects into the trash are positive signs.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Faithless83

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Actually I think we might be starting to see a light at the end of this retarded tunnel. Netflix deleting uber woke staff and WB tossing fully completed woke projects into the trash are positive signs.
Sure, must be why Sandman has a diverse cast.
Diversitiy is here to stay.
Netflix has trash products, but it's not because of diversity, it's because it's trash. Some look like it's made by algorithms scanning Facebook and Twitter. This is trash content regardless of cast.
But you see, content like Bridgerton which has a diverse cast is massively sucessful... so... diversity, or "wokeness" as you say, is not the problem.

Last edited:

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Sure, must be why Sandman has a diverse cast.
Diversitiy is here to stay.
Netflix has trash products, but it's not because of diversity, it's because it's trash. Some look like it's made by algorithms scanning Facebook and Twitter. This is trash content regardless of cast.
But you see, content like Bridgerton which has a diverse cast is massively sucessful... so... diversity, or "wokeness" as you say, is not the problem.

Diversity is not necessarily woke moralizing, we had plenty of diversity in 90's media and people were fine with it.

We also had the maturity to be able to watch shows with non-diverse casts and not lose our shit over it, ie. Frasier.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Diversity is not necessarily woke moralizing, we had plenty of diversity in 90's media and people were fine with it.

We also had the maturity to be able to watch shows with non-diverse casts and not lose our shit over it, ie. Frasier.
Nobody actually complains when a show doesn't have a diverse cast, since is the norm, but a black or queer characters is enough to people to fake outrage.
And "woke moralizing" means nothing.

Reactions: EDMIX

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Nobody actually complains when a show doesn't have a diverse cast, since is the norm, but a black or queer characters is enough to people to fake outrage.
And "woke moralizing" means nothing.

Right lol, I can't even think of a show that doesn't have tokens anymore, classics I liked from the 90's have most definitely be re-assessed as lacking in diversity and would not be made as they were in today's world.

And then you have absurdities like Apu being deemed unacceptable to even have on the Simpsons anymore lol. Fucking clown world man.

• they're_right_you_know

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Right lol, I can't even think of a show that doesn't have tokens anymore, classics I liked from the 90's have most definitely be re-assessed as lacking in diversity and would not be made as they were in today's world.
I can't think of a show that is "woke moralizing" tbh.
I can think of various that make nerds cry because a character is black, like the new Lord of The Rings show.
Tbh, I hope they put more and more diverse cast to make nerds cry. I couldn't care less.
Don't watch/play if it's too much for you sensibilities.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Tbh, I hope they put more and more diverse cast to make nerds cry. I couldn't care less.
Don't watch/play if it's too much for you sensibilities.

Very mature of you. That's been the plan for some time now, I don't have a quota of modern media I need to meet. Shit sucks, I go back to things that didn't.

• they're_right_you_know
Status
Not open for further replies.