GTA 6 will set creative bars 'for all entertainment,' declares publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Very mature of you. That's been the plan for some time now, I don't have a quota of modern media I need to meet. Shit sucks, I go back to things that didn't.
Is it immature to hope that they put more people like me on shows? It isn't. And I'm glad they're expanding beyond the standard "straight white" character that has been played out for death.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Is it immature to hope that they put more people like me on shows? It isn't. And I'm glad they're expanding beyond the standard "straight white" character that has been played out for death.

No the way you phrased it there does not seem particularly immature, wanting to see people like you on TV.

Tbh, I hope they put more and more diverse cast to make nerds cry.

on the other hand, seems quite petty

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
You are petty, immature and you go all the way to the point of saying "I hope they put more and more diverse cast to make nerds cry."
It was never about diversity, it's about changing things to be inclusive just because if they didn't had a big franchise name behind it no one would watch it.
Tide is changing as the woke crowd doesn't buy and in the end, investors like money, a lot.
We'll just see Woke of the Rings flop. GTA6 will be sold as an online sandbox just like GTA5 and no one will play the story mode.

Just because the changing tide will take a bit longer on games, doesn't mean it won't happen with them too.
Needless to say, we'll always have Japanese devs to save us from the nonsense that is the west today.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Tide is changing as the woke crowd doesn't buy and in the end, investors like money, a lot.

Charlie Day Reaction GIF

Keep believing that while Bridgerton and Sandman are massive successes.
The Boys is a massive success while directly mocking alt-right, trumpism and virtually everyone being queer.
Stranger Things is a massive success while having at least two LGBT characters on its main cast.
Sandman has queer characters left and right and the TV Show has replaced some of white HQ characters with black actors.
New animation movie The Sea Beast is a massive success and its main character is a black girl
There are more, but I can't recall right now.
Needless to say, we'll always have Japanese devs to save us from the nonsense that is the west today.
Good, don't play/watch stuff that offends your sensibilities.
You are petty, immature and you go all the way to the point of saying "I hope they put more and more diverse cast to make nerds cry."
This just proves my point. You're all too thin skinned. Can't handle a person saying they want to see a diverse cast to make nerds cry.
Can't handle a character casted as a black person because they were white.
Can't handle LGBT character being shown as normal people.
Can't handle non-human characters being portraited by black people.
Can't handle black characters as main characters. Just look at Steam Deahtloop forum. It's pure trash.
The skin is way too thin.
So, yeah, I hope it gets worse for you and more diverse characters are created and more diverse actors are cast.
I don't get offended by this, not my problem.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: EDMIX

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
Charlie Day Reaction GIF

Good, don't play/watch stuff that offends your sensibilities.

This just proves my point. You're all too thin skinned.
Get a spine.
Sandman has Neil Gaiman in it, that's the buzz and nothing other than some weird AF gender changes (Lucifer really!?) everything else was fine.
Woke of the Rings in the other hand has nothing going for it outside the name.
Trying to rewrite the legacy (Star Wars latest trilogy) for the sake of PC culture is not working.
The pettiness of so called "creators", that change existing lore stating that "this can't happen in this day and age and I'll make it better", are severely flopping.
Several examples of it in comics too.

Maybe if the woke crowd worked real jobs instead of graduating on "pole dance anthropology" or "changing the world one tweet at a time", they would have the resources to buy things like everyone else.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Sandman has Neil Gaiman in it, that's the buzz and nothing other than some weird AF gender changes (Lucifer really!?) everything else was fine.
Sure, keep believing that.
It's based on Silmarillion
Trying to rewrite the legacy (Star Wars latest trilogy) for the sake of PC culture is not working.
That trilogy was trash because it was badly written, not because of the gender or color of the cast
The pettiness of so called "creators", that change existing lore stating that "this can't happen in this day and age and I'll make it better", are severely flopping.
Several examples of it in comics too.
Nothing to do with the cast. Comics are declining because it's the same tired stories being rehashed over and over and over and over since the 40s.
Maybe if the woke crowd worked real jobs instead of graduating on "pole dance anthropology" or "changing the world one tweet at a time", they would have the resources to buy things like everyone else.
Well, sorry, you weren't able to disprove anything I said.
Like I said:

The Boys is a massive success while directly mocking alt-right, trumpism and virtually everyone being queer.
Stranger Things is a massive success while having at least two LGBT characters on its main cast.
Sandman has queer characters left and right and the TV Show has replaced some of white HQ characters with black actors.
New animation movie The Sea Beast is a massive success and its main character is a black girl

Jack Nicholson Deal With It GIF

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
Sure, keep believing that.
Nice argument there.
It's based on Silmarillion
Wanna bet how much "new content and characters" will be there?
That trilogy was trash because it was badly written, not because of the gender or color of the cast
To my original point diversity isn't the problem most of the time. The outrage on "diversity" can happen on other places right?
IXIOSz6.png

Nothing to do with the cast. Comics are declining because it's the same tired stories being rehashed over and over and over and over since the 40s.
Bi Superman was a flop, so was the original characters that were added for inclusiveness. To the point the "creators" are desperately blaming piracy.
Manga is not affected by it if we look at sales. :ROFLMAO:
Well, sorry, you weren't able to disprove anything I said.
Like I said:

The boys has violence which people in the US love. Women (XX chromosome) are not popular anymore it looks like.

Jack Nicholson Deal With It GIF
Still insisting that wokeness is only about the cast diversity, huh?
Maybe you should research more, there is life outside the bubble that you live in.
It's mostly about the virtue signalling, just look how the press also "hated" the Joker "because it gives people bad ideas".

Top Gun opened a whole can of worms in the industry and I find it hilarious. :ROFLMAO:
Just wait and see... there is light in the end of the tunnel and for some is a train coming their way.

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 51

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Nice argument there.

Wanna bet how much "new content and characters" will be there?

To my original point diversity isn't the problem most of the time. The outrage on "diversity" can happen on other places right?
IXIOSz6.png

Bi Superman was a flop, so was the original characters that were added for inclusiveness. To the point the "creators" are desperately blaming piracy.
Manga is not affected by it if we look at sales. :ROFLMAO:

The boys has violence which people in the US love. Women (XX chromosome) are not popular anymore it looks like.
Thanks for proving my point, the boys is one of the most successful TV Shows recently and it’s one of the most woke shows of history
Still insisting that wokeness is only about the cast diversity, huh?
Maybe you should research more, there is life outside the bubble that you live in.
It's mostly about the virtue signalling, just look how the press also "hated" the Joker "because it gives people bad ideas".

Top Gun opened a whole can of worms in the industry and I find it hilarious. :ROFLMAO:
Just wait and see... there is light in the end of the tunnel and for some is a train coming their way.
So, you failed to provide actual facts. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Not unsurprising.
Virtue signaling is another debate that has no bear in this conversation and The Boys mock it too.
I’m strictly talking about cast and character diversity which make nerds cry and outrage (laughably) on the internet.
Diversity is here to stay. You either deal with it or go consume content that doesn’t offend you sensibilities.
Oh and the black panther example is so, so lame it’s not even worth debating, since it’s made in bad faith.
So… there’s really nothing you can do about this, like at all.
If the way things are now and are going to be on the future don’t please you, by all means, stop consuming.
You either adapt of become a fossil. Your choice. I’m pretty happy with the way things are now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
  • brain

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
Thanks for proving my point, the boys is one of the most successful TV Shows recently and it’s one of the most woke shows of history

So, you failed to provide actual facts. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Not unsurprising.
Virtue signaling is another debate that has no bear in this conversation and The Boys mock it too.
I’m strictly talking about cast and character diversity which make nerds cry and outrage (laughably) on the internet.
Diversity is here to stay. You either deal with it or go consume content that doesn’t offend you sensibilities.
Oh and the black panther example is so, so lame it’s not even worth debating, since it’s made in bad faith.
So… there’s really nothing you can do about this, like at all.
If the way things are now and are going to be on the future don’t please you, by all means, stop consuming.
You either adapt of become a fossil. Your choice. I’m pretty happy with the way things are now. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm not failing to provide actual facts, you know how Disney is having flop after flop even on kid's movies. Sonic managed to do great numbers in box office.
The decline of netflix adaptations like Cowboy Bebop (one of the best anime ever created IMO), how manga is rising while comic authors beg for people to "stop pirating". I could go on, I just won't for the sake of my time. :cool:

I'm saying that the problem isn't the diversity from the start and you still insist on it. Create a new character and make it whatever you want.
People start to take notice when you start changing genders and races of established characters for the "sake of diversity alone".
My example on "what if" still stands as it's one sided. Ever saw a established character that was originally black or a girl turn into a white male? Don't think so.

"You either adapt of become a fossil. Your choice."
We agree on this, and back on the Star Wars example, we had Mandalorian out of the latest trilogy flop.
I have plenty to consume and time to see the change coming our way.
I get how things got to this point in the US, as people are taught to make things political and victimize themselves very early in life.
Outside of the US, this attitude is considered: "the most privileged people in the world, are calling themselves oppressed" and we just shake our heads and laugh at it.

Back on GTA, it will sell a ton because of online. Adding "PC culture and wokeness" to a game where the story is a satire and critic to the US culture, unless it's to mock it; is like having a COD without weapons and people play beach volleyball instead, because violence is wrong. Can we still call it GTA at this point?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I am in the spectrum, have a son in the spectrum, and am over 40 years old.
I have seen autism portraied in a few different ways in television and games over decades.

I don't care how often autism is represented in entertainment, or how. And believe me, I still experience nasty stuff in real day to day life.

I don't need to see mock strawmans of normies or netflix shows that justify autism by implying neuroatypical superiority to feel better about myself. I don't need "representation" to feel like society is embracing me.

Why? Because I am me, and I know the world does not revolve around me. I know I am different, I don't need the world to pretend I'm normal.

This is what being "woke" should really mean. Be mature enough as a person to accept that the world is not made for you, and it doesn't need to be.

You'd be surprised at how little all those evil white straight males actually can feel "represented" too.

EDMIX

smh. you get way too attached to this shit. No one cares... Sandman is number 1 on Netflix right now, I'm more then positive Lord Of The Rings show will do just fine next month and I'm sure Star Wars will be fine too bud.

Most of the people watching those shows, films don't care about what you are saying here....I think you've put in your mind that someone is going to watch that based on this warrrrr of PC, or "WOOOOKE" or some shit and they likely just want to watch a Star Wars film.... I just don't buy that majority care about this thing you are fixated on.

So this desperate attempt at trying to pretend that Sandman's success is solely based on Gaiman is fucking hilarious, I own the whole Sandman series (never got those absolute omnibus) and I can assure you, the millions watching that show, likely never heard of the book, let alone Gaiman and don't care. Most gamers don't know who makes their games, its even worse for shows based on books, the vast majority are not fans of the other adaption if they know it was from a book, let alone knowing the author and buying it based on that alone. If the author doesn't give a shit about some "weird AF gender changes" I don't know why you would....

Netflix and Disney out here like

giphy.gif

lol most literally don't care man. You've put up this idea that its some battle or something and I've yet to see any evidence that what you are crying over, is something MOST really give a shit about. So @Swift_Star is right in many, many respects. The Boys is confirmed for a season 4 and its as "woke" as a lot of shit you normally cry about....yet clearly is going on a 4th season.

Bi Superman was a flop

The boys has violence which people in the US love

I see....it flopped cause it was woke, but if it does well its cause the violence? lol I don't get it, why could you find a reason why something did well other then being woke, yet no other reason could be behind the flop other then "bi superman"? The idea that The Boys did well while having all the shit you cry over with "wokeness" and its overlooked based on "has violence" literally argues what you are making sound like some dooooom and gloom most disregard, don't care and showing them "violence" can have the US love em. That doesn't really bode will for this whole doom and "woke" theory you have then. So regardless if you like it or not, too many points have been brought up about The Boys, Bridgerton, Stranger Things etc. If they make some Degrassi on HBO, you going to fucking tell me you are shocked it would be at #1? So....how many times did that need to happen before you realized they don't fucking care about your views man?

Have you really not figured out that you don't make up the majority?

Tiktok, fortnite, those things shocking too at being massive successes? lol I think you want those things to be flops and you want to link it to "woke" and then just disregard the vast majority of content that is at the very top or something. So I can't say those things are doing well cause "woke" anymore then I can blame their flops on "woke" man.

I don't now why thats so hard for you to get. GTA VI will be just fine as I doubt the 170 million even beat the single player to care about what you are dooming over.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Swift_Star

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Star Wars is failing hard so bringing that up doesn’t help. Pretty sure it’s selling less merchandise than ever at this point. Then again, Disney Wars is an abomination with the laziest writing imaginable with zero new ideas and constantly remaking the same stories over and over. Disney Wars is shit. And it’s nice to see that people aren’t spending anywhere near the money on toys, mecheandise and games on it. It’s deserved.

Housers are gone. Pretty sure rockstar is a shell of its former self. It’s been riding the success of GTA Online for years now.

That also needs to be mentioned more often. GTAV’s continued success is due to GTA Online not V itself.

This is it. This is the end for GTA

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Star Wars is failing hard so bringing that up doesn’t help. Pretty sure it’s selling less merchandise than ever at this point. Then again, Disney Wars is an abomination with the laziest writing imaginable with zero new ideas and constantly remaking the same stories over and over. Disney Wars is shit. And it’s nice to see that people aren’t spending anywhere near the money on toys, mecheandise and games on it. It’s deserved.

Housers are gone. Pretty sure rockstar is a shell of its former self. It’s been riding the success of GTA Online for years now.

That also needs to be mentioned more often. GTAV’s continued success is due to GTA Online not V itself.

This is it. This is the end for GTA
Disney really has to put their shit together.
The strongest part of Lightyear was the cast, the characters are all amazing but, oh god, the movie felt like watching a greatest hits, you know? Every single thing that happened in that movie happened in other movies. That was the biggest problem with that movie.
Disney NEEDS to stop being so formulaic, they used to innovate.
And about SW. 7 was very good, 8 was ok but 9 was pure, pure trash.

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
smh. you get way too attached to this shit. No one cares... Sandman is number 1 on Netflix right now, I'm more then positive Lord Of The Rings show will do just fine next month and I'm sure Star Wars will be fine too bud.

Most of the people watching those shows, films don't care about what you are saying here....I think you've put in your mind that someone is going to watch that based on this warrrrr of PC, or "WOOOOKE" or some shit and they likely just want to watch a Star Wars film.... I just don't buy that majority care about this thing you are fixated on.

So this desperate attempt at trying to pretend that Sandman's success is solely based on Gaiman is fucking hilarious, I own the whole Sandman series (never got those absolute omnibus) and I can assure you, the millions watching that show, likely never heard of the book, let alone Gaiman and don't care. Most gamers don't know who makes their games, its even worse for shows based on books, the vast majority are not fans of the other adaption if they know it was from a book, let alone knowing the author and buying it based on that alone. If the author doesn't give a shit about some "weird AF gender changes" I don't know why you would....

Netflix and Disney out here like

giphy.gif

lol most literally don't care man. You've put up this idea that its some battle or something and I've yet to see any evidence that what you are crying over, is something MOST really give a shit about. So @Swift_Star is right in many, many respects. The Boys is confirmed for a season 4 and its as "woke" as a lot of shit you normally cry about....yet clearly is going on a 4th season.

I see....it flopped cause it was woke, but if it does well its cause the violence? lol I don't get it, why could you find a reason why something did well other then being woke, yet no other reason could be behind the flop other then "bi superman"? The idea that The Boys did well while having all the shit you cry over with "wokeness" and its overlooked based on "has violence" literally argues what you are making sound like some dooooom and gloom most disregard, don't care and showing them "violence" can have the US love em. That doesn't really bode will for this whole doom and "woke" theory you have then. So regardless if you like it or not, too many points have been brought up about The Boys, Bridgerton, Stranger Things etc. If they make some Degrassi on HBO, you going to fucking tell me you are shocked it would be at #1? So....how many times did that need to happen before you realized they don't fucking care about your views man?

Have you really not figured out that you don't make up the majority?

Tiktok, fortnite, those things shocking too at being massive successes? lol I think you want those things to be flops and you want to link it to "woke" and then just disregard the vast majority of content that is at the very top or something. So I can't say those things are doing well cause "woke" anymore then I can blame their flops on "woke" man.

I don't now why thats so hard for you to get. GTA VI will be just fine as I doubt the 170 million even beat the single player to care about what you are dooming over.
Instead of going through every point I'll just leave the following.
"I thought the woke crowd was the oppressed minority. Looks like I was wrong, they were the majority all along :ROFLMAO:
Sorry, but just because people aren't screaming they opinions at others, doesn't mean they support wokeness.

Back on topic.
It's a game that is the entire opposite of PC from the start. It will be the "Metal Gear Survive" of GTAs.
Funny thing, based on how RDR2 turned out, I bet that GTA6 will be the opposite. Everyone will play the online part and people won't touch the single player.
Numbers will show that "we don't need single player for GTA anymore".

• haha

EDMIX

It's a game that is the entire opposite of PC from the start. It will be the "Metal Gear Survive" of GTAs.

Doubtful. I don't see much that really argues most bought GTA cause those reasons, I don't even see much evidence that most bought GTA even beat its story, most gamers don't actually 100% titles btw.

Funny thing, based on how RDR2 turned out, I bet that GTA6 will be the opposite.

Unlikely lol RDR2 moved massive units even with people wanting it to be less slow and doing those um "chores" and shit lol

If it can move so many units even with that shit, GTAVI breaking massive fucking records just being in modern times with guns, explosions etc. The majority don't give a shit about most of what you think the care about bud. They really don't lol You just think its this massive thing and most of what I've seen suggest they are not theses deep thinkers looking at all the satire in this philosophical way lol I personally love GTA for that and I'm sure you do too.....

We don't make up the majority even in the slightest.

Everyone will play the online part and people won't touch the single player.
Numbers will show that "we don't need single player for GTA anymore".

lol ok, but that is how GTA is doing right now, so why would that be some argument to suggest it will be some MGS survive of GTA? That online has just made one of the best selling games of all time and clearly the best selling GTA by default. So....saying most people won't touch the single player is moot, most likely didn't on GTA V or even the past GTA's. I've watched my cousins play GTA and do all sorts of crazy shit with my old PS3. Out of curiosity i looked on that stat area to show then they can see all the crazy shit they've done over the years, they had literally 600 hours in the game, yet only like a fraction of the story done.

What you are saying isn't some brand new revelation, that is indeed how the majority play GTA by a massive amount. So most gamers statically don't compete games, even fucking games that are deeply narrative based like Mass Effect.

I use that example to show its not just online or a bad SP, its generally how gamers actually play and only the most hardcore would be on Gaf or this forum etc, we simply don't make up the majority and I don't get this weird idea that what you or I don't like, magically will bomb or flop lol nahhhhhhh they don't fucking care man. If they cared, you wouldn't see Madden, Fifa, Call Of Duty and so much more move record units. Most gamers are just not playing games for some whole anti PC thing anymore then anyone is playing for some "woke" reason, most are not even completing the games for me to fucking believe that shit lol

We can debate woke shit all the time man, but I don't see any data to suggest a game doing good or bad or anything like that points to anything we talk about here regarding that subject.... they don't even complete games to care about that subjective matter as much as you might think they do....they simply don't lol It would be like me pretending Watchdogs 3 did bad cause they talk about the UK and blah blah blah lol That is to suggest MOST gamers give a shit about any of that. WE might talk about that.....most don't know, don't care, don't complete games to care, don't even understand the references to care lol

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Doubtful. I don't see much that really argues most bought GTA cause those reasons, I don't even see much evidence that most bought GTA even beat its story, most gamers don't actually 100% titles btw.
100% I agree but people finish, I mean play the whole campaign to see the ending, their games.

For example the last big release… Elden Ring… on PC 38% of users have the Hoarah Lux achievement (the last one before the ending).

It is a game that will reach over 50% with time… it is relatively new, considered hard and people trend to play months before finish a 50+ hours game.

I can check PS Trophies that is probably the same but my point is people finish their games… they don’t run for 100% thought.

GoW for example is at 47%.

Last edited:

EDMIX

100% I agree but people finish, I mean play the whole campaign to see the ending, their games.

For example the last big release… Elden Ring… on PC 38% of users have the Hoarah Lux achievement (the last one before the ending).

It is a game that will reach over 50% with time… it is relatively new, considered hard and people trend to play months before finish a 50+ hours game.

I can check PS Trophies that is probably the same but my point is people finish their games… they don’t run for 100% thought.

GoW for example is at 47%.

but those are a different breed of gamer.

The GTA, Madden, Fifa gamer if you will (starts to show chart of the bro-dude gamer anatomy, be like "notice the sloped brow ridge") lol

• thinking_hard
Reactions: ethomaz
Status
Not open for further replies.