GTA 6 won't be "wildly different" from GTA 5, former Rockstar dev predicts: "I think maybe people might be a little disappointed on the first day"

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I mean, yeah, you don't mess with a formula that sells that many copies.
This reminds me, we will probably get a second trailer this fall.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Word? Its good??
I think it's a fantastic multiplayer. They have some stuff to work on and tweak. But it's probably the most polished Beta I've ever played, outside of the minor lag spikes that happened.

Easily will probably the best looking FPS on the market whenever it launches.

Game is hectic and plays well once you find your footing once you have good teams, fairly balanced and I personally don't think the characters are that bad.

Game will probably flop, but the devs seem to be confident in their product still.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think it's a fantastic multiplayer. They have some stuff to work on and tweak. But it's probably the most polished Beta I've ever played, outside of the minor lag spikes that happened.

Easily will probably the best looking FPS on the market whenever it launches.

Game is hectic and plays well once you find your footing once you have good teams, fairly balanced and I personally don't think the characters are that bad.

Game will probably flop, but the devs seem to be confident in their product still.
Damn sounds promising! I wasnt to keen on it but i will try next time.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Word? Its good??
I loved it and PVP games arent my thing. Gunplay feels good.

But plenty of people dont like it. Some who hate PVP games and some who like the genre, but they didnt feel it brought anything new? Everyone is different I guess.

I put in 21 hours this Concord and I put in about 6 with Overwatch. The Concord gunplay felt more like Destiny style, so I preferred it by miles and the styles and mix ups got me in the gun fights, whether 1 vs1/2 or groups has me more interested. Unfortunately it has a huge amount of people who want it to be a failure

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I loved it and PVP games arent my thing. Gunplay feels good.

But plenty of people dont like it. Some who hate PVP games and some who like the genre, but they didnt feel it brought anything new? Everyone is different I guess.

I put in 21 hours this Concord and I put in about 6 with Overwatch. The Concord gunplay felt more like Destiny style, so I preferred it by miles and the styles and mix ups got me in the gun fights, whether 1 vs1/2 or groups has me more interested. Unfortunately it has a huge amount of people who want it to be a failure
Damn ya got me hype.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah i like Destiny.
Then it might feel familiar. It can be chaotic and takes a while to find the character for your style. I thought Id like Lennox because I was a handcannon guy in Destiny, but ended up with prefering new styles

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
As someone who has been playing bungie shooters religiously for legitimately 20 years plus at this point (im not proud of this it’s just my reality) sure it’ll feel familiar but I can’t say that familiarity didn’t make me dislike it any less. It was more like … “ I know what I’d rather play” and instantly did.

There’s other pet peeves too of course. Aside from the character design, I don’t like the color temps used or player highlight effect. I found image clarity sorta lacking too.

The long ttk encourages stacks and teamshots. It’s my least liked kinda of PvP meta. With that said that’s sorta just an issue right now. Pacing of the game could be changed drastically. Way too slow for me in the demo.

Concord just left me asking “when’s marathon?” at this point.

Oh man I hope Marathon doesn’t actually do the hero shooter thing (it might).

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
As someone who has been playing bungie shooters religiously for legitimately 20 years plus at this point (im not proud of this it’s just my reality) sure it’ll feel familiar but I can’t say that familiarity didn’t make me dislike it any less. It was more like … “ I know what I’d rather play” and instantly did.

There’s other pet peeves too of course. Aside from the character design, I don’t like the color temps used or player highlight effect. I found image clarity sorta lacking too.

The long ttk encourages stacks and teamshots. It’s my least liked kinda of PvP meta. With that said that’s sorta just an issue right now. Pacing of the game could be changed drastically. Way too slow for me in the demo.

Concord just left me asking “when’s marathon?” at this point.
I felt like the slightly slower, heavier smooth gunplay and controls felt like Destiny. The recall, weapon sounds etc felt more bungie then they did COD, Overwatch, Apex etc. I prefer it like that.

Oh man I hope Marathon doesn’t actually do the hero shooter thing (it might).

Its an “Extraction shooter”

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I felt like the slightly slower, heavier smooth gunplay and controls felt like Destiny. The recall, weapon sounds etc felt more bungie then they did COD, Overwatch, Apex etc. I prefer it like that.

Its an “Extraction shooter”

Eh…

So there’s more to it.

We know it’s an extraction type PvP game. I’m also expecting Pvpve and Destiny-like raid mechanics as well to unlock new zones and dungeon like areas. They’ve teased this. But tbh we know very little about marathon outside the Tom Henderson report last year. A week long playtest concluded last week btw.

After the reveal trailer. Director Christopher Barrett was replaced by Valorant director Joe Ziegler. Much of Ziegler’s team went to Bungie as they have industry friends already there. Barret is still at Bungie. I have reason to believe he got moved to return and helm whatever Destiny 3 is.

It is heavily rumored that Marathon will have a hero style gimmick and it’s said Valorant’s Ziegler and co. are doing just that.

The characters you play as … Runners … are bots I believe so what I believe this means is that they’ll be a variety of classes laid out in hero shooter style. Hopefully it’s just class type and players have agency over the player kit, weapon selection/abilites and presentation.

Heroes designed for maximum representation and cringe is definitely something I don’t want in a Bungie game. Bungie is progressive sure but I always found their delivery not so cringe or hanfisted in your face … like concord’s trash character roster and space grandma.

Street Fighter 2 has the best roster ever. Oh it’s full of stereotypes… whatever… all the designs are cool. Otherwise please stop with the hero shooters. There’s bo representation outrage if you let players make themselves and give them choice over their looks instead of just buying 20 dollar skins to play as Michelle Obama in Call of Duty.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Eh…

So there’s more to it.

We know it’s an extraction type PvP game. I’m also expecting Pvpve and Destiny-like raid mechanics as well to unlock new zones and dungeon like areas. They’ve teased this. But tbh we know very little about marathon outside the Tom Henderson report last year. A week long playtest concluded last week btw.

After the reveal trailer. Director Christopher Barrett was replaced by Valorant director Joe Ziegler. Much of Ziegler’s team went to Bungie as they have industry friends already there. Barret is still at Bungie. I have reason to believe he got moved to return and helm whatever Destiny 3 is.

It is heavily rumored that Marathon will have a hero style gimmick and it’s said Valorant’s Ziegler and co. are doing just that.

The characters you play as … Runners … are bots I believe so what I believe this means is that they’ll be a variety of classes laid out in hero shooter style. Hopefully it’s just class type and players have agency over the player kit, weapon selection/abilites and presentation.

Heroes designed for maximum representation and cringe is definitely something I don’t want in a Bungie game. Bungie is progressive sure but I always found their delivery not so cringe or hanfisted in your face … like concord’s trash character roster and space grandma.

Street Fighter 2 has the best roster ever. Oh it’s full of stereotypes… whatever… all the designs are cool. Otherwise please stop with the hero shooters. There’s bo representation outrage if you let players make themselves and give them choice over their looks instead of just buying 20 dollar skins to play as Michelle Obama in Call of Duty.

Its Bungie, so Im most likely gonna like it lol.
Yeah I dont really care about representation and all that. Bungie normally does a decent job of the character designs.

I dont mind hero shooters, if the game is good its good. Yeah SF2 was the best roster ever. That and Alpha 2 lol. Also both had awesome soundtracks.

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
The core gameplay might be basically the same, I don't care, I was in highscool when the last GTA released I just want a new sequel with some improvements and extra activities.