GTA V Source Code Leaked

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So you have an issue with the monetary aspect of the game and that's fine. The game itself is not shitty and it's not like you are forced to spend and spend and spend. I still think it's one of best executed virtual experiences ans realized worlds.

A Bully 2 would have been great but did they make the right decision for their company financially absolutely.
The monetary aspect of the game is what ruins it though?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The monetary aspect of the game is what ruins it though?
It's a subjective conclusion though? Maybe if you dedicate all your gaming time to this game and go solo then maybe the MTX will be an issue. But not the case for me and I've enjoyed my time with it, mostly with friends and so I don't think the game is shitty.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Maybe Rockstar can use the leaked code to fix the massive problem the latest patch caused in the PS5 build just as they put it on Plus.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
reproducao-gta-v-divulgacao-scaled.jpg

Screenshot:

agzw7gX.jpeg

Context:

The GTA5 source code was allegedly bought for $2000 USD (LTC) in a group buy amongst a group in the modding community. (I'm not entirely sure which modding group to join; I’m being told several different things.) Allegedly, one of the members of the group buy: Kieron Austin, (also goes by Austinator Modz, XBL Dragonfly, TMP, TickleMePickles, and SecretSauce.). "TMP" is short for "TickleMePickles," his original account that got banned (as you can see in one of the screenshots).

He allegedly contributed no money during that group purchase. Which resulted in him getting the source for free. He allegedly then tried to sell the code for $6k ($4000 USD profit) and scam another individual (he failed).

Kieron then attempted several times to sell the source code for $199–500 USD to individuals on Discord, which is way cheaper than the initial $2000 group buy. That doesn’t matter for Kieron, as he paid nothing to get it to begin with; this was all profit for him.

Kieron continued to try and sell it but was making no profit. As a result of this, he leaked it out of spite. If he wasn’t able to make a profit, he was going to make sure no one else could.

There’s a lot of detail left out of this story, as I am reporting on what I was told by two credible people. It seems a lot of the other information I won’t report on is either personal information or stuff I'm not 100% sure about reporting on. I’m also being told different things by different people. If anything else comes up, I’ll be sure to report on what I’m told. #GTA5

D

Deleted member 223

Big mistake for those guys. Now you're on Rockstar's lawyers radar and law enforcement even more so.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Rockstar should buy the code and fix the bug they put in the update that hit around the time GTA V came out on PS Plus that makes all cinematics run at 100x speed.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Wasn't it only a year or two back where they publicly announced their next decade's worth of titles? "Closer to release" my ass.