Hades 2 is available in Early Access |OT| Plus Early Access Reviews. IGN rates it highly even this early on.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Reviews:

Where can I play Hades II?​

Hades II is now available in Early Access on:· Steam· Epic Games Store

Hades II is also Verified on Steam Deck, Valve's portable gaming computer.

We do not have a release date set for the completed Hades II v1.0, and expect to be in Early Access at least through the end of 2024. We expect for Hades II to eventually be available for PC, Mac, and console platforms (though cannot confirm which platforms yet).

How much does Hades II cost?​

We are offering Hades II in Early Access for the retail price of $29.99 USD (with variance by region). Note that depending on the duration of Early Access and the scope of additional content we add to Hades II over time, we may raise the retail price at a later point.

If you purchase the game in Early Access, you'll automatically receive the complete v1.0 once it's available (you won't have to purchase the game again).

What can I expect from Hades II Early Access?​

Early Access means you can purchase and play a work-in-progress version of Hades II, and optionally contribute feedback and gameplay data that's invaluable to our team as we work to fulfill the game's potential. Feedback from our player community through the course of development was foundational to the design and vital to the quality of the original game, so we are reprising that type of process with Hades II.

The game already has at least as much content in Early Access as the original did back when it launched in Early Access on Steam. And, even though Early Access inherently means a game is not yet complete, we have done our best to ensure Hades II will be worth your while as soon as you play it.

Similar to how we approached Early Access with the original, following our Hades II Early Access launch, we'll have several Major Updates adding the rest of the game's core content and refining what's there based on player feedback. The story will expand with each update, as we introduce more characters and add events with existing ones. This process will culminate in our v1.0 launch, which will feature the conclusion to the story and other finishing touches.

If you start playing Hades II Early Access, we are committed to making sure your save data works all through development, including once we launch v1.0.

Should I play in Early Access, or hold off?​

For many players, it's a good idea to wait for the complete v1.0 before diving in, as we expect Hades II to grow and improve during Early Access, and the true ending of the story won't be available until then. But, if you like the idea of seeing the game evolve over time, and watching the story unfold more gradually, then Early Access is probably for you!

You may also want to hold out for v1.0 depending on which platform you'd like to play on, as Early Access is only on Steam and the Epic Games Store.

Where can I get tech support for Hades II?​

We have a comprehensive Hades II Technical Support FAQ that's the best place to start if you're experiencing any issues with the game!

What languages does the game support?​

Hades II contains English text and voiceover, and includes full text translations in the following languages: German, Greek, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.

How long has Hades II been in development?​

We started working on Hades II in earnest at the start of 2021.

What tech are you using to develop the game?​

We've been using our own tech and tools ever since Bastion, our first game. With each project, we've made significant investments and improvements to ensure our tools are as efficient as possible for our team, and that our game runs as smoothly as possible for as many players as possible.

Is Hades II a multiplayer game, or are there any plans for multiplayer?​

Like its predecessor, Hades II is a single-player game. We have no plans for multiplayer, as we are creating the gameplay and narrative of Hades II with a solo experience in mind.

Hades II complete early access F.A.Q is available here.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Elden Ring

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I hate early access. I will pay for your game, but I don't want to play only half the story or whatever.

That being said, I have no control over it so I will just wait till they are done early accessing.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Steam reaches over 100k concurrent players 24 hours after launch​

1715102377589.png

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Whose playing this? @JAHGamer @Nhomnhom @Yuniac

Any of you? I'm curious since it's been getting gd early access reviews.
I want to play it but since it's in EA (less content, no true ending for the story, etc) I will just wait till they finish it and play it then.

I don't like early access. 😥

But I think most people are happy with the game and it's overall solid.