‘Halo’ Canceled at Paramount+ After Two Seasons

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
“We are extremely proud of this ambitious series and would like to thank our partners at Xbox, 343 Industries and Amblin Television, along with showrunner and executive producer David Wiener, his fellow executive producers, the entire cast led by Pablo Schreiber as Master Chief and the amazing crew for all their outstanding work,” Paramount+ said in a statement. “We wish everyone the best going forward.”

Sources say the show’s producers — Amblin, XBox and 343 Industries — will look to land the series at another outlet for a third season. Paramount+ is said to be supportive of a possible move.

Entropi

Veteran
22 Jan 2023
It seems like Xbox is looking for other buyers. HBO should pick it up cause it was shit.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
If MS thinks putting Halo on Netflix will revive the series they are delusional. If it remains the same with Chief taking his helmet the Halo series on whatever platform will have the same result as on Paramount+

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Thank the gods! Had no respect to the source material. Another example of a franchise being hijack by writers that don't care and aren't fans of the source material just so they could get easy access to tell their own made up shit.

Reactions: CrackmanNL

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Second season somehow was worse. Good riddance.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
In the past was big on Halo, thought Legends was ok back in the day and the Steven Spielberg one got me anticipating.
But goddamn this show was blatant disrespect to the max from 343 as stewards, from the games to the show, I truly believe they are sent by Satan to torture Halo fans. Turning Chief into Master Cheeks...

FSqhakZUsAUOq4Y.jpg:large

• Cerny
Reactions: 2spooky5me

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Example number 97 on how abusing a different media's franchise to suck the interest of its fans, just to attach narcissistic writers who crap on the source material to make it "their own", doesn't work.

Imagine if they had simply adapted Halo Reach into a TV series.

My problem with this is Hollywood can't for the love its life find the means to separate the good from the bad writers and directors. The only ones hurting with bad results are the actors because they show their face. Bad wtiters and directors just seem to keep failing upwards as long as they keep sucking the right dicks.
So I'm fully expecting these same idiots to screw up another project with great potential in a year's time.

It really is an industry rotten to its core.