Halo Infinite - Former Bungie director Paul Bertone joins 343

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022

A veteran Halo developer has returned to "help lead the future" of Halo Infinite.

• Former Bungie director Paul Bertone has joined 343 Industries to work on Halo Infinite.
  • Bertone has signed on as Technical Design Director. In this position, he will help bridge the gap between design and programming.
  • Bertone originally worked on Bungie's five Halo games before leaving the studio in 2012, working with other developers like Undead Labs before returning to Halo in 2022.

Looks like Joe is starting to call in some favors - hopefully getting more control over the future of Halo? Get outta the way Bonnie Ross!

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
but he will still work UNDER bonnie ross , she is the boss.
Be under Bonnie Ross...
Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

you had me at under Bonnie Ross
Renee Zellweger GIF

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

A veteran Halo developer has returned to "help lead the future" of Halo Infinite.

• Former Bungie director Paul Bertone has joined 343 Industries to work on Halo Infinite.
  • Bertone has signed on as Technical Design Director. In this position, he will help bridge the gap between design and programming.
  • Bertone originally worked on Bungie's five Halo games before leaving the studio in 2012, working with other developers like Undead Labs before returning to Halo in 2022.

Looks like Joe is starting to call in some favors - hopefully getting more control over the future of Halo? Get outta the way Bonnie Ross!

Funny I was in another discord thats not affilated with any members from gaf or Icon. And I said that Joe needs to build his own halo dev team. People told me I was stupid, and now it looks like thats happening.

Because 343 before Joe Staten are just not good at developing Halo. It looks like Joe is getting the old guard back to help guide 343. It's the right move in my opinion but holy shit why the fuck did it take 4 releases to make these changes? After MCC I would have literally pumped the brakes and not have green lit anything and stopped production on halo 5. Then I would assess, and brought in Joe as a consultant, and I think if they had done that earlier we would be in a different position. But also that was during a time where Microsoft acted like they didnt care about Xbox.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
it's baffling how a studio this large could bungle post-launch support to this extent. really wonder how Bonnie Ross is still in charge of anything, especially after the job she's done over the years.

If Rod Fergusson lost his job for mismanaging and bungling Gears 5, Bonnie should as well. She's been catastrophic to the Halo brand.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Two things come to mind when talking about insufficient games:
  • you can't polish a turd
  • a pig with lipstick is still a pig
Halo Infinite will never be a good game. It's serviceable, but no matter who they hire, it will never be good, proper good.

Status
Not open for further replies.