Halo Infinite has replaced Anthem as the floor for failure

2 Jul 2022
NY
www.twitch.tv
The live service of Halo Infinite has been a failure thus far. The game itself is actually extremely well designed and crafted. The gameplay is insanely satisfying and well balanced. Therefore, it still has tons of potential. Forge and Tatanka can really get it back on track. Anthem was a disaster from the gameplay perspective from the get go.

P

peter42O

Siege has been around for a long time. From when these devs were going thru the growing pains of learning what works.

I do not think newer games can afford that.

They really have to come out of the gate firing on all cylinders and nailing the content pipeline. It’s gonna get harder moving forward.

Perhaps but live service games will always have highs and lows. Very few games stay consistent. The Division 2 is in my opinion the best live service game when released because it looked and played great and had a lot of content but now, it's fallen off because it's just repeating the same setup within seasons. It needs a new expansion like Warlords of NY.

If the content is there, is fresh and fun to play, people will always give it a shot or return to it.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
The live service of Halo Infinite has been a failure thus far. The game itself is actually extremely well designed and crafted. The gameplay is insanely satisfying and well balanced. Therefore, it still has tons of potential. Forge and Tatanka can really get it back on track. Anthem was a disaster from the gameplay perspective from the get go.

I agree with this - the live service is the failure rather than the game itself

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty