Halo TV show was the most watch series on paramount plus last year

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I enjoyed it mostly. It was nice to see Bungie’s creations come to life.

They combined the narrative with Mass Effect a bit almost. Kwan Ha was indeed terrible tho. She needs to be killed off asap.

The convenant girl and the love angle I didn’t hate. I didn’t realistically believe chief to stay in love with Cortana. Tv and film sorta need a real person for that kind of stuff to play it safe … but they killed her. Once again, not a terrible character.

The gym fight with spartan against spartan was dope. The smashing of plates, using dumbbells as fists. That was fucking cool and I can’t imagine anyone who seriously lifts that wouldn’t pop off at that scene. It was baller yet stupid, yet fun.

It was really the end that killed it for me. By killing chief and having Cortana take over him to fulfil his journey into becoming dual wielding super killing machine chief that YOU play as in the games was a bit fucking insulting.

I generally liked who they cast as chief. Halsey and chief’s dynamic and conflicts were terrific. Basically everything not involving kwan ha was good. I mean as far as scifi tv is concerned; it’s leagues ahead of the cringe garbage of Picard and Discovery.

Strange New Worlds I feel much different about. It was great and I’m afraid to be hyped for season 2 but I am… it was actually Star Trek. Too early still to really claim that but … maybe there’s some hope.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I agree for the most part. I didn't interpret Cortana fusing with Masterchief in the end as his death but a temporary measure. Thus the matter of "trust".

Spoiler alert! The action in that last episode however was badly set up and choreographed, as if somehow the hierarchs would come into contact with the "demon" and not have instant air back up - being a matter of safety protocol. The infantry wave as a zombie stampede paints the covenant as an unorganized, incompetent army throwing human wave attacks, specially the top guard. More attention needs to be paid to adversaries than a normal evil alien caricature. First episode where the elites wiped out the garrison with precision and purpose was a promising start. It actually established the idea of the enemy as a physically and technically superior fighting force, which required the existence of the Spartan program - and thus the Chief. Unfortunately they did not follow through on that and showed inconsistency there.

The Fall of Reach is coming so I hope they re-establish that sense of fear and impotency in the second season, which justifies the need for epochs of "savior hero" Chief.

Last edited:

KungFucius

10 Jan 2023
I watched 2 episodes but lost interest. Might go back to it when I run out of things to watch. I loved Tulsa King and I expect that is the top show now or at least should be.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
As a Halo show it was not good in my opinion.
As a Sci-Fi show that if you took the Halo IP out of it and switch off then its alright.
I'll get to it eventually. right now I'm watching some certifiably good shows ATM.....I guess you always go for the best brandy first.