Has there ever been a more lopsided generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
Looking at this generation's two main competitors Sony and Microsoft (Nintendo is off to the side drawing with crayons) has there ever been a more lopsided generation in terms of what released and what's coming within the 1st couple of years?

PlayStation 5
God of War Ragnarok
TLOU remake
Uncharted Legacy of Thieves
Horizon Forbidden West
Returnal
Demon Souls
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Valkyrie Elysium
Sifu
Sackboy A Big Adventure
Stray
Guilty Gear Strive
Spider-man Miles Morales
Anno Mutationem
Astro's Playroom
The Pathless
Destruction Allstars
Babylon's Fall
Kena Bridge of Spirits
Gran Turismo 7
DNF Duel

Xbox Series X+S
Crossfire X
Shredders
Forza Horizon 5
Halo Infinite
Scorn
Pentiment
Microsoft's Flight Simulator
The Gunk

Thoughts?

vdopey

12 Jul 2022
(Nintendo is off to the side drawing with crayons) <-- That made me laugh I love nintendo, but I've not been loving this approach of heavily under-powered devices.

Before the buyouts do you remember the hype over crossfirex - it released with a wimper very very average. Scorn also just doesn't do anything for me, it looks so bland, it was being hyped so much in 2020 the art direction the look the atmosphere I looked at the gameplay and just thought meh.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I think it's fair to say that Microsoft has been left in the dust at the start of the generation.

Also, with the introduction of Sony's subscription service, which i believe to be far superior, has once again left Microsoft playing catch up.

Saying all that, the second half of the generation will get a hell of a lot better for them, it just has to right?.

They have a lot of games that are coming in the future "yep i know, that's a loose phrase"

For my Microsoft friends, there ain't many of them, hang in there. 😍

OP
OP
Hobbygaming

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
(Nintendo is off to the side drawing with crayons) <-- That made me laugh I love nintendo, but I've not been loving this approach of heavily under-powered devices.

Before the buyouts do you remember the hype over crossfirex - it released with a wimper very very average. Scorn also just doesn't do anything for me, it looks so bland, it was being hyped so much in 2020 the art direction the look the atmosphere I looked at the gameplay and just thought meh.
I love Remedy Games but yeah it seems like they really weren't motivated with Crossfire X

I'm pretty sure they were just like "Ok Microsoft we'll make you another game for a check"

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw and Bryank75
OP
OP
Hobbygaming

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I think it's fair to say that Microsoft has been left in the dust at the start of the generation.

Also, with the introduction of Sony's subscription service, which i believe to be far superior, has once again left Microsoft playing catch up.

Saying all that, the second half of the generation will get a hell of a lot better for them, it just has to right?.

They have a lot of games that are coming in the future "yep i know, that's a loose phrase"

For my Microsoft friends, there ain't many of them, hang in there. 😍
I do agree that eventually they should have a decent amount of games but it's like the movies Edge of Tomorrow, Groundhog Day, 50 First Dates, etc

Every year we think they'll finally have a good lineup

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I do agree that eventually they should have a decent amount of games but it's like Groundhog Day, Just Friends, etc

Every year we think they'll finally have a good lineup
I totally hear ya bud, like you said, Microsoft personifies Groundhog Day to the Tee,

But I really hope they succeed, competition is good, and the only way Sony does not get complacent, is if there is someone to push them.

Reactions: Hobbygaming

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I try to stay diplomatic here:

Let's just say I vastly prefer Sony's output.

😹

I would echo this... we have some Xbox people in the forum and they have generally been really great so far.

If they like the output, I don't want to sound too harsh.

So I think that line 'vastly prefer Sony's output' sums up my position too and people can read between the lines.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I would echo this... we have some Xbox people in the forum and they have generally been really great so far.

So I think that line 'vastly prefer Sony's output' sums up my position too and people can read between the lines.
XBOX IS DOOMED, JUST TELL US WHAT YOU'RE REALLY THINKING DAMMIT.

TO my Xbox friends, report him for WARING.

I think i should go to lunch before i get in trouble.

OP
OP
Hobbygaming

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022

Yeah maybe I was a little harsh, I'm still disappointed with their output this early and the big focus on services. I'll calm down lol

Relaxing Chill Out GIF by Talk Stoop

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Wasn't there a rumor saying that this generation will have the biggest launch lineup of any Xbox console 🤔

I think I read this somewhere before the consoles launched
They say the same shit every time.
I just remember when they lunched Xbox One X (the most powerful console ever made)...with PUBG. Lol. A triple trillion-dollar software company can't make AAA games.

Absolute Joke.

D

Deleted member 140

They say the same shit every time.
I just remember when they lunched Xbox One X (the most powerful console ever made)...with PUBG. Lol. A triple trillion-dollar software company can't make AAA games.

Absolute Joke.

And the game launched in a pretty bad state with bad performance and bugs.

The future will be interesting though because over time, there will at least be very popular exclusives on their platform because of their acquisitions like Bethesda and Activision.

If MS will be able to break their curse and not manage these studios into the ground. 🤭

• brain

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think xbox and the projects they’ve shown ( Avowed, Perfect Dark, Hellblade, Starfield etc) shows they have better games so far on paper than last xbox 1 generation.
Time will tell. Phil is not a good organiser as it shows. If he didn’t buy these studios/publishers they wouldn’t have much

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Definitively lopsided in sonys favor right now…although i do think Microsoft will eventually have a storm of games that need to be released in the next 3 years.

I do hope sony gets to a place where they can release more than 4 games a year. With having to support VR i think its gonna be tough

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I do hope sony gets to a place where they can release more than 4 games a year. With having to support VR i think its gonna be tough

I hope so too.
With the studios expanding, Insomniac, Naughty Dog with multiple projects ( hopefully Santa Monica too with Cory already working on the new IP )
Plus the new studios like Haven and maybe Deviation games.
And if Sony actually buys an already established studio + a Publisher or 2, they will have 3-4 AAA games a year. Not including VR or online lol

Status
Not open for further replies.