Has there ever been a more lopsided generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Hobbygaming

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
Definitively lopsided in sonys favor right now…although i do think Microsoft will eventually have a storm of games that need to be released in the next 3 years.

I do hope sony gets to a place where they can release more than 4 games a year. With having to support VR i think its gonna be tough
Yeah I think we all have an idea of what Microsoft wants to do as far as having a stream of content for GP, we'll see if it works, they're struggling currently

How many studios do you think Sony should get?

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
These kinds of threads have have a way of aging very poorly. It's lopsided now in one direction and then down the road it will be lopsided in the other and so on and so forth.

• haha
Reactions: Hobbygaming

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Well 360 obviously.
It started YEAR AHEAD and then ps3 was barely going or first year or two... but it still had exciting games and exclusives unlike xbox now

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Yeah I think we all have an idea of what Microsoft wants to do as far as having a stream of content for GP, we'll see if it works, they're struggling currently

How many studios do you think Sony should get?

IDK, I’m of the mind that i think sony should keep expanding but not just buy big studios or publishers. Growing their main studios and buying smaller ones seem to work fine.

Also, its not just about quantity its about quality titles. Its best that sony doesn’t chase microsoft down the netflix of gaming black hole of just rapid fire launching games of vastly varying quality. Sony currently has a gold standard reputation for its games, and releasing duds would effectively kill their strongest marketing point.

example, Nintendo. They don’t have 20 studios but they release a lot of games, and most of them are relatively good quality and they sell a lot. I’m sure both microsoft and sony would rather have that then what Microsoft is aiming for in the future which is a subscription gaming dumping ground.

Slow and steady wins the race. If sony were to slowly acquire their 3rd party partners over this gen they’d be solid. Deviation, Ember lab, Firewalk(probably monsters), Arrowhead, etc.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I hope so too.
With the studios expanding, Insomniac, Naughty Dog with multiple projects ( hopefully Santa Monica too with Cory already working on the new IP )
Plus the new studios like Haven and maybe Deviation games.
And if Sony actually buys an already established studio + a Publisher or 2, they will have 3-4 AAA games a year. Not including VR or online lol

I do think if output is ever the problem then square enix will fix it but they will need a clear separation between divisions because square has a KNACK of dropping some real turds. When square drops a big stinky turd its fucking STANK.

We talking sub -50 mc scores, not even Bethesdas shitty games are that shitty

Reactions: Kokoloko

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
This is not going to end well for hardcore Xbox fans, they are just being strung along with empty promises but MS is going to pivot before we ever get there.

$80 billion+ spent but what is the outlook for the next 5 years? Games are taking 5+ years to develop for most studios, who knows how the market is going to be by the time Blizzard or Bethesda have another game to release that isn't already multiplatform? Even if they make CoD exclusive that would likely have a minor impact in the console market compared to the negative impact it would have on the CoD IP.

With how slow MS is to put out games, Starfield, Hellblade, Avowed, Fable, Redfall, Perfect Dark, etc, could very well be most of what they have besides a new Gears and the annual Forza for years to come. Many of these project are clearly already in trouble. That ain't going to do jack shit against what the competition already announced like God of War: Ragnarok, TLoU Part I, TLoU Factions, Spider-man 2, FFVII Rebirth, FFXVI and Wolverine, all by top tier studios that are coming in hot from previously very successful games.

What are the MS games that people are really confident about? Hellblade 2 looks like the most promising to me and even then I have my doubts given the history of the studio.

Sony pretty much only announced what Insomniac is working on and to a lesser degree ND, while MS blew their load years ago by announcing a bunch of games in advance including multiple games by studios that hardly have a history of putting a single quality game out in a timely manner. Sony was already very productive last gen and they are much bigger now, with their studios in a much better positions, not to mention that it doesn't look like they'll stop with the moneyhats anytime soon.

The Xbox momentum they have right now with Gamepass and the Series S are the result of short terms strategies that are about to be played out, Sony already answered one with the PS+ restructure and once they overcome the supply issue the Series S will stop helping and will just get in the way for MS as it will age like milk (worse than how the Xbox One aged).

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Hobbygaming

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
This is not going to end well for hardcore Xbox fans, they are just being strung along with empty promises but MS is going to pivot before we ever get there.

$80 billion+ spent but what is the outlook for the next 5 years? Games are taking 5+ years to develop for most studios, who knows how the market is going to be by the time Blizzard or Bethesda have another game to release that isn't already multiplatform? Even if they make CoD exclusive that would likely have a minor impact in the console market compared to the negative impact it would have on the CoD IP.

With how slow MS is to put out games, Starfield, Hellblade, Avowed, Fable, Redfall, Perfect Dark, etc, could very well be most of what they have besides a new Gears and the annual Forza for years to come. Many of these project are clearly already in trouble. That ain't going to do jack shit against what the competition already announced like God of War: Ragnarok, TLoU Part I, TLoU Factions, Spider-man 2, FFVII Rebirth, FFXVI and Wolverine, all by top tier studios that are coming in hot from previously very successful games.

What are the MS games that people are really confident about? Hellblade 2 looks like the most promising to me and even then I have my doubts given the history of the studio.

Sony pretty much only announced what Insomniac is working on and to a lesser degree ND, while MS blew their load years ago by announcing a bunch of games in advance including multiple games by studios that hardly have a history of putting a single quality game out in a timely manner. Sony was already very productive last gen and they are much bigger now, with their studios in a much better positions, not to mention that it doesn't look like they'll stop with the moneyhats anytime soon.

The Xbox momentum they have right now with Gamepass and the Series S are the result of short terms strategies that are about to be played out, Sony already answered one with the PS+ restructure and once they overcome the supply issue the Series S will stop helping and will just get in the way for MS as it will age like milk (worse than how the Xbox One aged).
You deserve the big version for your very accurate comment

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• fire
Reactions: nominedomine

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
it would have been more lopsided before COVID, SONY had planned to release many games in the FIRST YEAR of PS5 that are only coming out now or 2023

• brain
Status
Not open for further replies.