having to pay 80$ for psn essential just to be able to access bloodborne and souls online is a scam

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
When did we agreed to this?
I just want to see messages, other players ghosts and occasionally get a summon.
It's not gaas or call of duty. Why do we have to sub to ps+ (any tier) to be able to go online with souls games.

This is a scam and the worst thing about PlayStation as of now. It's an extortion. I don't want to sub to this terrible "own nothing" service. I want to buy my games and be able to play them without subbing to any service.

RIOT

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Thank 360 era Microsoft for this one. Their fan base actively glazed them for charging to play online, to the point where Sony was able to copy it with no backlash. Before then, people trashed PS3 online and compared it to welfare 🤣

I think we should be reacting similarly to PC players with this one, it’s a bullshit fee. And Sony/Microsoft are quite lucky to have gotten away with it.

Nintendo is the only one that’s fairly priced imo. PS+ and Gamepass are 2x more expensive than they should be.

OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
No lies here but I feel that today this would be a distraction from shitting on MS for raising gamepass prices.
Thank 360 era Microsoft for this one. Their fan base actively glazed them for charging to play online, to the point where Sony was able to copy it with no backlash. Before then, people trashed PS3 online and compared it to welfare 🤣

I think we should be reacting similarly to PC players with this one, it’s a bullshit fee. And Sony/Microsoft are quite lucky to have gotten away with it.

Nintendo is the only one that’s fairly priced imo. PS+ and Gamepass are 2x more expensive than they should be.
Microsoft is the worst and sony likes to follow their shitty greedy tactics... but they don't have microsoft infinite money so it always fails.
Gamepass is responsible for devaluing games and whole industry. People are used to not paying for good individual games.
and own nothing

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Microsoft is the worst and sony likes to follow their shitty greedy tactics... but they don't have microsoft infinite money so it always fails.
Gamepass is responsible for devaluing games and whole industry. People are used to not paying for good individual games.
and own nothing
Was it that note I left on the floor for you that broke the camel back, the one where I said, "Unspoken sucks?"

Evil Smile GIF

• angry
Reactions: rofif

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
While you may or may not disagree with the price, there's nothing inherently "scam"-like about paying for a service. That's like me saying it's a scam that I bought Callisto Protocol for $70 and never finished the bitch.

Yeona

29 Jul 2023
I dunno about scam but it sucks that console manufacturers decided to copy Microsoft's strategy. Would've been a massive differentiator these days if online play was free.

Especially now that Microsoft has Call of Duty and that franchise has such a big console playerbase. Being able to buy it once and just play it online forever no nonsense attached would make buying COD on PS a far more attractive proposition than subscribing to Game Pass Premium for a whole bunch of months.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Interesting timing to create this thread.

Just as Microsoft increases Gamepass prices and were responsible for paid online in the first place.

Wanted to say same shit. Same as MS announced collaboration with Amazon Firestick, few threads about Sony's cloud popped up.

• Shake
Reactions: Muddasar

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023

Sony fan base/ fanboys are to blame. Not MS or Xbox fans. They had a choice. Should have switched to PC in 2014 as soon as the online fee on PS was announced.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Muddasar

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Yeah, it's outrageous when it's just a small feature of the game...

They really need to stop being so tight with their console audience.

Reactions: rofif
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Was it that note I left on the floor for you that broke the camel back, the one where I said, "Unspoken sucks?"

Evil Smile GIF
That’s what she said!

It’s lame especially with souls since messages and ghosts are all asynchronous and these games like death stranding don’t require online pay

Reactions: Sircaw

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Sony fan base/ fanboys are to blame. Not MS or Xbox fans. They had a choice. Should have switched to PC in 2014 as soon as the online fee on PS was announced.
Some people aren’t constantly on the edge to switch platforms, you know? I paid for PlayStation Plus before it was even a requirement for online play.

Nydius

26 Jun 2024
Having to pay to play online for any platform is a scam and I'm pretty pissed (but not surprised) that both Sony and Nintendo followed Microsoft into the online paywall abyss.