United States

FyW8voxaIAAMrHN

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Soooo no gameplay and just more cgi. This going on the third year.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PS_ROCKS
D

Deleted member 417

Didn't we see in game engine in 2019, followed by super-pinky-promise real gameplay in 2021? Now we're given another CGI trailer and told SUPER-DUPER-REALLY-PINKY-PROMISE that it's really releasing in 2024?

My prediction: New xbox console launch in the same window as Switch 2

• fire
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I CANNOT stand her voice, if I wanted to watch some ASMR shit, I'd have googled for it....

That whispering with popping really pisses me right off.... I can't even watch the rest of the trailer TBH.

• Shake
Reactions: PS_ROCKS

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Isn’t that what it mostly is tho?
True but they should showing us some serious gameplay segments. I know the original was heavy on cinematics but we've seen enough of that in these trailers. They should be showing us some of the combat and puzzles by now. I wanna see what they've done with those aspects of the game in the sequel.

catchew

8 Jun 2023
kinda sad this went from a few seconds of walking into a cutscene and no combat gameplay.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Game looks just as stupid as the first one. I don't know why people are thinking this is going to be some great game. Ninja Theory doesn't make good games. Look at their history. The idea that somehow adding MS to the equation is going to elevate their offerings has no basis in any demonstrated reality, from any MS partnership, ever.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Game looks just as stupid as the first one. I don't know why people are thinking this is going to be some great game. Ninja Theory doesn't make good games. Look at their history. The idea that somehow adding MS to the equation is going to elevate their offerings has no basis in any demonstrated reality, from any MS partnership, ever.
I mainly hate them for making that gay DmC game.

16 Feb 2023
Looking fantastic, really enjoyed the first one so sad that it's not coming to playstation which why I'm glad xbox release on PC.

24 Jun 2022
Isn’t that what it mostly is tho?

The devs have talked about how Hellblade II would be "much bigger" and more ambitious than the first game, with more in-depth mechanics.

But they've yet to show any of that off, and the game is supposedly coming next year. Nothing they have shown so far indicates this is a sequel to the first game, except for some story elements. Even visually the recent footage didn't look particularly bounds above the 2017 original.

Right now it feels more and more like Hellblade II could be an expansion to the first game instead of its own sequel, they've shown almost nothing about the supposed expansion in game mechanics, game loop, or the more open-ended scope.

Reactions: FIREK2029

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
More cinematic bullshit. It's been 4 years already, we should be seeing hard gameplay by now.
1 year ago they were still in preproduction building the vertical slice. The game got announced with a CG when they still weren't developing it.

As of today Hellblade 2 has less than 1 year of full production, pretty likely less than half a year. I'd say it's too early to see proper gameplay. Also, I think it won't be released in 2024 but that they said it because of 'lack of 1st party releases' pressure.

Last edited: