Helldivers 2 Co-Op and Combat Gameplay trailer

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Who's on my fireteam?

This looks amazing...deserved more than a random video drop on some Thursday!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Looks pretty decent, although not fully next gen. Guess that's the multiplayer performance tax

*edit* also lol friendly fire is gonna lead to lots of griefing

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Really cannot stand how clueless Playstation is with Multiplayer games. This game has no business coming out later this year. August was the perfect time.

They are going to throw out this game to die and then quickly move on.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Really cannot stand how clueless Playstation is with Multiplayer games. This game has no business coming out later this year. August was the perfect time.

It is not competing with those single player games.

Helldivers actually has a decent loyal audience already.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It is not competing with those single player games.

Helldivers actually has a decent loyal audience already.

Not it's competiting for mindshare amongst other GaaS games / multiplayer games. I have no faith in Playstation to give the game the marketing push it deserves.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s already removed from major online multiplayer releases. Those just dropped. Anytime from now till February is fine. This year’s call of duty is just a $70 battle pass for last year’s Warzone.

August for a surprise launch but betting on December.

Reactions: KnittedKnight

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It’s already removed from major online multiplayer releases. Those just dropped. Anytime from now till February is fine. This year’s call of duty is just a $70 battle pass for last year’s Warzone.

August for a surprise launch but betting on December.

Call of Duty is really phoning it in.... I've never seen such levels of discontent in that community before.

I'd definitely take Helldivers over a COD expansion...hell, most full COD games too....

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Not it's competiting for mindshare amongst other GaaS games / multiplayer games. I have no faith in Playstation to give the game the marketing push it deserves.

Those games already exist.

What release date is best according to you?

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Always been one of Sony's biggest weaknesses, making a great game and not marketing it effectively.

Spider-man gets a massive push but stuff like Demons Souls, Returnal and others get almost nothing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Danja1187

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Always been one of Sony's biggest weaknesses, making a great game and not marketing it effectively.

Spider-man gets a massive push but stuff like Demons Souls, Returnal and others get almost nothing.
Absolutely! I really can't believe they shipped out Returnal and Ratchet at $70 as well. They thought Demon Souls would sell more because loud Hardcore gamers made it seem bigger than it was.

They did the same with Until Dawn, they threw it out and then said later they were surprised it sold well.

I really hope they have a plan in place for this game. I still think pushing it out during the busy Fall period is a bad idea.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

I don't know what are you talking about. The recent multiplayer GaaS games from Sony Gran Turismo 7 and MLB are the most successful ones of their series, and Helldivers 1 was very successful and well reviewed. Having upgraded to AAAish this sequel will perform better.

It's a (2nd party) AAAish 3rd person coop shooter, doesn't compete against games like Gran Turismo or MLB. If something it would compete against Gears of War or something like that, but it's missing in action.

The factual data says that in recent years Sony had the most successful and effective marketing than they ever did. So they'll analize the potential of this game and will market it accordingly.

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Late November, early December is a good spot for release.

It's October, Sept that's a minefield. Even late December is a good spot.

Marketing effort is another thing. Current PS marketing team is atrocious.

Reactions: Danja1187