Helldivers 2 Community Manager Has Been Fired

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

It's been revealed that Spitz have been fired following comments from the community manager on the official Helldivers 2 Discord channel.

What Did Spitz Say?​

When the PSN account linking announcement was made, the backlash was immediate, as many voiced their frustration across Reddit, Twitter, and Discord in viral posts that captured the sentiment across the entire community. But Spitz called on players to do more, arguing that speaking out wasn't enough to change Sony's mind.

"Players making their displeasure known through reviews, refunds, etc. gives us more pull in the discussion with Sony," Spitz said. "It hurts to see the game's popularity suffer in ratings, but discussions are ongoing and on the side of players in this fight."

The outpour of negative reviews led to the quick walkback of the update, so Spitz was right in the end. Arrowhead CEO Johan Pilestedt even applauded the community for its response, tweeting, "I am impressed by the willpower of the Helldivers 2 community and your ability to collaborate."

Pilestedt said that he wants Helldivers 2 to "set a new standard for what a live game is," and in a way, it already has. Sony reversing a decision this big this fast is unheard of.

Source

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

It's been revealed that Spitz have been fired following comments from the community manager on the official Helldivers 2 Discord channel.

What Did Spitz Say?​

When the PSN account linking announcement was made, the backlash was immediate, as many voiced their frustration across Reddit, Twitter, and Discord in viral posts that captured the sentiment across the entire community. But Spitz called on players to do more, arguing that speaking out wasn't enough to change Sony's mind.

The outpour of negative reviews led to the quick walkback of the update, so Spitz was right in the end. Arrowhead CEO Johan Pilestedt even applauded the community for its response, tweeting, "I am impressed by the willpower of the Helldivers 2 community and your ability to collaborate."

Pilestedt said that he wants Helldivers 2 to "set a new standard for what a live game is," and in a way, it already has. Sony reversing a decision this big this fast is unheard of.

Source

no pity party from me.

find-out.gif

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
As I remember this community manager was telling their customers to review bomb the game and ask for refunds. Which is the total opposite of what he was supposed to do in his job.

A community manager is supposed to be a communication bridge between players and the company in social media, being for one side the representative of the opinions and interests of the other side, and particularly also tries to prevent and extinguish fires, riots and bad mood in the community, instead of igniting and enlarging them.

So if he was fired, it was totally deserved.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I didn’t know about this. That person was working for himself? ROFL