Helldivers 2 drops to less than 10,000 players for the first time ever on Steam

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Nah AH & Sony both fucked up & I lean with AH fucking up more with not wanting to over hire to not have dev layoffs at AH per the ex CEO.

Pocketpair (Palworld) is in the same position & they’ve seemingly have balance releasing major content update w meaningful content unlike AH.

Not really sure what’s been going on w AH they been quite ever since the ex CEO switched roles.
Now you see it takes time to cook....

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The OP is a bit inaccurate, no? The game didn't go below 20k CCU in Steam in a day yet.
Anyway the CCU will increase again.

Well, it’s actually not peak ccu but probably the lowest value for the day. Deceptive headline sorta as most I’d think are conditioned to seeing peak discussed only. The entire range matters. This is where steamcharts comes in handy for month to month comparisons by giving you the daily avg as opposed to just the peak.

For instance Palworld month to month avgs:

IMG-0405.jpg

Helldivers
IMG-0406.jpg

They will have both released major updates at about the 6 month mark.

I would say that Palworld and Helldivers are third generation gaas.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well, it’s actually not peak ccu but probably the lowest value for the day. Deceptive headline sorta as most I’d think are conditioned to seeing peak discussed only. The entire range matters. This is where steamcharts comes in handy for month to month comparisons.
I think it is because peak means the time most are available to play.
While there are times like 5am to early morning that it really hard to find people playing.

I don't think it is really matter if a game have 100 guys playing when most of the user base is sleeping 🤷‍♂️
It is way more important to know that 100k guys will be playing after work.

Plus it gives the headline the game is dropping in population but when you look at last week data...
It is basically holding the same active user base for like a month.

image-2024-07-23-163147610.png

Edit - You said Pallworld but it is dropping too since a month ago... and now it stable.
Maybe it is just the period of the year?

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Peak means when a particular game’s population is highest.

Games with stronger international audiences on pc peak in earlier hours of the day if you live on the east coast of the states. This where Helldivers 2 in particular is most played as well as Apex for instance.

Apex is a crazy example. Peaks above 200k everyday in the early morning, but during North American peak gaming hours it holds like 70k.

With that said, I rarely see the territory argument brought up enough. It matters and can be seen with steam peak.

Helldivers 2 succeeded on pc in markets where PlayStation isn’t dominant.

• they're_right_you_know
  • Informative
Reactions: ethomaz and voke