Helldivers 2 is only 25GB on the PlayStation 5

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
- ๐ƒ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง๐ฅ๐จ๐š๐ ๐’๐ข๐ณ๐ž : 24.951 GB- ๐•๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง : 1.000.001- ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ ๐—˜๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ($๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿต.๐Ÿต๐Ÿต):pre-Load : Available Now!Release : Feb 08 - 9 AM UTC

Comparassion with the PC version:

7itT5Ap.png

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
100 GB on PC vs 25 GB on PS5!? Whatโ€™s going on here!

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Kraken is available to PC devs too, no?
Yeah I suppose, but it doesn't work the same as PS5 which has hardware kraken decompression that loads directly into memory built in the system. PC definitely doesn't have that. It's why PS5 games are smaller than Xbox games, but 100 to 25 is quite a big difference, so I figured there are also likely higher fidelity assets in the PC version.

All just a guess though, I could be completely wrong.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Yeah I suppose, but it doesn't work the same as PS5 which has hardware kraken decompression that loads directly into memory built in the system. PC definitely doesn't have that. It's why PS5 games are smaller than Xbox games, but 100 to 25 is quite a big difference, so I figured there are also likely higher fidelity assets in the PC version.

All just a guess though, I could be completely wrong.

Indeed, the I/O subsystem allows the devs to compress the PS5 version more aggressively, but still, it is a huge difference.

Maybe PC assets are 8K or something lol

Reactions: Dr Bass

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Weird to see such difference between the PS5 and PC versions. I understand that PS5 has the compression, but still seems a huge difference. Maybe the PS version is going to have a meaty day one update?