yup, looks like exactly what I want it to be. Helldivers 2.0

btw there’s another recent thread already on this game

Reactions: Ezekiel

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
image.png

Arrowhead said 2 years ago their upcoming game was going to be a AAA 3rd person coop shooter:

Edit: now I realized the image of the tweet is consistent to be a WIP image of one of the scences of the leaked video, so now I'm 100% on board #TeamReal and I think Arrowhead is working on a Helldivers game.
image.png

I assume it's one of the GaaS launching before March 2023

PS5 + PC day one?
Seems a legit leak, unless it was from a DLC I don't know or something like that.

According to Sony they don't have plans for PS+PC day one releases, and specifically no plans for day one PC releases this fiscal year and the one that ends in 2026, and no more PC ports for the current fiscal year other than the ones already announced.

So if this game exists and gets released this FY it would be released (at least for now) in PS only.

Last edited:
P

peter42O

Wouldn't be surprised to see Helldivers 2 during Keighley's Opening Night Live as im expecting at least one or two trailers from Sony as they've been on his show numerous times including the last two years for Gamescom.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Wouldn't be surprised to see Helldivers 2 during Keighley's Opening Night Live as im expecting at least one or two trailers from Sony as they've been on his show numerous times including the last two years for Gamescom.
It'd be bittersweet for me.

Yes, I'd love to see it as soon as I can (Gamescom ONL). But I also want it to not show up as that further cements the possibility of a September PlayStation Showcase blowout, which, to be honest, I want even more.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
An announcement like this will get lost at gamescom ONL, unless they announce teh acquisition with it.

Playstation showcase would be a much better highlight for it

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Original game was decent isometric destiny-like shooter. I dug it quite a bit to play for a handful of weeks.

Excited about the bigger budget and perspective change.

I’m not so worried about gameplay changes. Twin stick shooters like Robotron to a modern sci fi shooter like destiny… it’s the same genre evolved over time.

I’m in. Believe in the pedigree.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Original game was decent isometric destiny-like shooter. I dug it quite a bit to play for a handful of weeks.

Excited about the bigger budget and perspective change.

I’m not so worried about gameplay changes. Twin stick shooters like Robotron to a modern sci fi shooter like destiny… it’s the same genre evolved over time.

I’m in. Believe in the pedigree.
Arrowhead said their next game is a AAA 3rd person, coop shooter, so maybe it's like a less budgeted Destiny (AAA coop, GaaS shooter) with a Gears of War-like camera (3rd person, over the shoulder).

Maybe it's Sony's (not so AAA, not so serious, more focused in coop/MP han in SP, adding GaaS) Gears of War.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Arrowhead said their next game is a AAA 3rd person, coop shooter, so maybe it's like a less budgeted Destiny (AAA coop, GaaS shooter) with a Gears of War-like camera (3rd person, over the shoulder).

Maybe it's Sony's (not so AAA, not so serious, more focused in coop/MP han in SP, adding GaaS) Gears of War.

Yeah, its the same concept essentially. 4 player co-op shooty aliens game

Its essentially starship troopers the game

Pamello)

17 Aug 2022
On another site, Dusk Golem said that he made the snippet of this trailer, and he just trusted the wrong people who made it public.

He also said that the game will appear at Sony's September presentation.

P

peter42O

It'd be bittersweet for me.

Yes, I'd love to see it as soon as I can (Gamescom ONL). But I also want it to not show up as that further cements the possibility of a September PlayStation Showcase blowout, which, to be honest, I want even more.
See below.
On another site, Dusk Golem said that he made the snippet of this trailer, and he just trusted the wrong people who made it public.

He also said that the game will appear at Sony's September presentation.
I'm expecting a PlayStation Showcase in September either way. My guess is Thursday September 15th. Sony will wait for Labor Day Weekend to pass which is the 5th in the U.S. and the 9th/10th is Marvel's and Ubi's showcases so I see them going after them.

I still think there's a chance that Helldivers 2 is at ONL because in 2020, Ratchet was there and in 2021, HFW was there with a release date. At this point, im just looking forward to ONL and then September starts my onslaught of games and showcases which again, I do believe Sony has a showcase in mid-September.

Reactions: Heisenberg007
Status
Not open for further replies.