HELLDIVERS 2 now can not be purchased from multiple countries on Steam.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
How many countries EA, Activision or Ubisoft supports then?
Most of these companies offer "support" in pretty much any country they do business. By support I mean you just select a country from a list to create an account, you don;t necessarily get localized support.

Problem with Sony is that they offer no such solutions. You go to create an account and the country simply isn't on the list. Nintendo fixes this by supporting all countries with an account, but a lot of countries don't have access to the store.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
How many countries EA, Activision or Ubisoft supports then?
You do understand the difference between selling in regions you support while requiring accounts to your service and selling in regions you DON'T support and requiring an account to your service, right?

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Most of these companies offer "support" in pretty much any country they do business. By support I mean you just select a country from a list to create an account, you don;t necessarily get localized support.

Problem with Sony is that they offer no such solutions. You go to create an account and the country simply isn't on the list. Nintendo fixes this by supporting all countries with an account, but a lot of countries don't have access to the store.
its funny because in their ToS it states you must give the correct information, you can't fake anything or you are open to the possibility of being banned, and then if you look up what to do if your country isn't in the drop-down menu, they tell you to pick the closest one to you, therefore violating their own ToS.

It screams incompetence.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You do understand the difference between selling in regions you support while requiring accounts to your service and selling in regions you DON'T support and requiring an account to your service, right?
I think I need to give examples because you can’t understand…

Let’s take EA Account…

- I can create a Thailand Steam account and there I can buy EA games that requires EA account.

- I can’t create a Thailand EA account…

Do you get now?

Neither EA, Xbox, Ubisoft, Capcom, etc supports all countries that Steam sell games.

PS. Ohhhh why did you choose Thailand? Because I started comparing from the last and Thailand was the first case lol

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
its funny because in their ToS it states you must give the correct information, you can't fake anything or you are open to the possibility of being banned, and then if you look up what to do if your country isn't in the drop-down menu, they tell you to pick the closest one to you, therefore violating their own ToS.

It screams incompetence.
A PC player pretending they follow every TOS 🤣

Yeah, them selling the game in regions where PSN isn't supported but is required, could be grounds for a lawsuit. They're gonna go back on this to prevent that.

Problem is, there's no fixing this situation. People will get their refunds, game will stay review bombed and the player base will collapse. Again, sheer incompetence.
All these people were playing the game fine with no issues until y'all started crying on their behalf and use them as bait. Sony had over a month to find a solution 🤷‍♂️

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
I think I need to give examples because you can’t understand…

Let’s take EA Account…

- I can create a Thailand Steam account and there I can buy EA games that requires EA account.

- I can’t create a Thailand EA account…

Do you get now?

Neither EA, Xbox, Ubisoft, Capcom, etc supports all countries that Steam sell games.

PS. Ohhhh why did you choose Thailand? Because I started comparing from the last and Thailand was the first case l
Many people who bought Helldivers 2 in countries without PSN support will use a foreign account to continue playing. I created a US GeForce Now account to test the service, why can't other countries do the same with PSN?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Many people who bought Helldivers 2 in countries without PSN support will use a foreign account to continue playing. I created a US GeForce Now account to test the service, why can't other countries do the same with PSN?
Exactly… and they do that for several years already to all 3rd-party accounts.

But today it become a issue due “reasons”…

That is why I can’t take these people with agenda serious… they arguments depends if they like or not a brand lol

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
We will not make your shitty PSN account. Cry me a river.
i have my pre-existing one, but it doesn't matter now, they walked it back. No mandatory linking on may 30th, hopefully they re-list the game in those 177 countries

Reactions: Yuniac
OP
OP
Yuniac

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
i have my pre-existing one, but it doesn't matter now, they walked it back. No mandatory linking on may 30th, hopefully they re-list the game in those 177 countries
Wait, they did? I just woke up. LMAO!

I'm glad they did. We have achieved our goal. Thanks for telling me.

Reactions: Exicide