HELLDIVERS 2 now can not be purchased from multiple countries on Steam.

OP
OP
Yuniac

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Backstab? Which part of this whole situation was a backstab?
Announcing this thing to the public without even telling AH or syncing with them. Furthermore, apparently, AH has no say in the matter, they are chasing Sony for answers after the fact. Just quoting what their mods on discord have said

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Announcing this thing to the public without even telling AH or syncing with them. Furthermore, apparently, AH has no say in the matter, they are chasing Sony for answers after the fact. Just quoting what their mods on discord have said

What announcement? The PSN link requirement announcement? The one which was reshared on the official Helldivers X account?

And you think they would be able to enforce this as soon as tomorrow, without letting the devs - the ones who actually have to make the code changes - know?

OP
OP
Yuniac

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I'm sure PSN accounts are more important than their video game selling in an extra 177 countries. Amazing.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I'm sure PSN accounts are more important than their video game selling in an extra 177 countries. Amazing.

If they deemed these countries important, they would have had PlayStation and PSN there already, don't you think?

OP
OP
Yuniac

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
If they deemed these countries important, they would have had PlayStation and PSN there already, don't you think?
I guess. Unless they cannot implement it there because of laws and stuff but the thing is: Steam is already there, and you can sell them your products without a PSN, so why fuck it all up for PSN?

is what I mean.

Yeah, a lot of those countries don't have many gamers to begin with, but not all of them. Even the ones with very little gamers count, it's still copies being sold on Steam.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I guess. Unless they cannot implement it there because of laws and stuff but the thing is: Steam is already there, and you can sell them your products without a PSN, so why fuck it all up for PSN?
It's not that. The market's way too small. I explained it in another thread but here goes. At least in eastern European countries, living standards are lower than the rest of Europe and prices are higher. That leads to tech especially being REALLY expensive. A console can cost more than an average monthly salary.

PC, on the other hand, is more readily available, as a lot of people have one for school and work. However, these are low spec PCs that can't really play AAA games or if they can, not very well. So the Steam market is there, even if it's only for some indie games, as the entry hardware is more available to people there.

OP
OP
Yuniac

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
It's not that. The market's way too small. I explained it in another thread but here goes. At least in eastern European countries, living standards are lower than the rest of Europe and prices are higher. That leads to tech especially being REALLY expensive. A console can cost more than an average monthly salary.

PC, on the other hand, is more readily available, as a lot of people have one for school and work. However, these are low spec PCs that can't really play AAA games or if they can, not very well. So the Steam market is there, even if it's only for some indie games, as the entry hardware is more available to people there.
Yeah, you are right.

So PCs somewhat do exist and it's far easier to buy the game and play on low graphics or whatever than to buy a PS and a subscription (LOL). So how stupid it is of Sony to stop selling the game in those regions in favor of PSN accounts? Which people there weren't going to make anyway.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
PS players on Reddit have more common sense

I think this is more productive than what I am seeing on Steam forums. Fear mongering about Ghosts of Tsushima and declining to buy it, but still will play it (pirating of course)

"I AM DOING MY PART"
"FOR DEMOCRACY"

I'm like just STFU. Ghosts devs communicated everything clearly before launch. Most folks live in supported regions. Let them find a solution for folks that do not. Besides in those regions, only MP will be impacted. SP, the meat of the game, can be played offline.

In fact, this issue arised because Helldivers was the first big online multiplayer only game from sony on PC. All others were SP and had no issues

Reactions: Yuniac
OP
OP
Yuniac

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I think this is more productive than what I am seeing on Steam forums. Fear mongering about Ghosts of Tsushima and declining to buy it, but still will play it (pirating of course)

"I AM DOING MY PART"
"FOR DEMOCRACY"

I'm like just STFU. Ghosts devs communicated everything clearly before launch. Most folks live in supported regions. Let them find a solution for folks that do not.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was alluding to earlier. It will unfortunately hurt GoT game once it hits steam which is really sad and sucks for its developers... Only if this could have been handled better by Sony...

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
good. I really hope Sony don't reverse course. Steamers need to play ball otherwise Sony need to pull all their games off the platform stat. Fuck bending the knee, because if they do, say goodbye to their whole console business as well.

edit: I just realised I may have coined a new term: "Steamers". Has an air of "steaming pile of shit" to it. I love it.
Don't bend the knee to the gamers, bend the knee to the company!

Reactions: Yuniac

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Messing up with your customers this way is a really dumb move. I think PS should just stick to Consoles and leave the PC business.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
If few aren't willing to create an account and play, no one will play.

PC gamers are Karens of real world.

Herd mentality and the sooner stops catering to them the better.

Sony doesn’t need this headache. They have enough on their plate in the console market.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
All this makes me wonder how it will affect Ghost of Tsushima sales on PC upon its release soon. It sucks for them.
Oh no the horror a 10 million seller will lose out on half a million copies sold whatever will they do, but good if it bombs the less ports the ancestors of port begging get the better. In a similar vein to the immortal words of an xbot " I will enjoy the game 10% more knowing that PCtards cant play the game"

OP
OP
Yuniac

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
GM0zMQdakAAnRaT

That's all those people care about: banning you and making the game 'safer' across the board. As if the game had any issues regarding safety before. In fact, it was one of the most wholesome games players wise, I didn't see anything negative about its playersbase.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
GM0zMQdakAAnRaT

That's all those people care about: banning you and making the game 'safer' across the board. As if the game had any issues regarding safety before. In fact, it was one of the most wholesome games players wise, I didn't see anything negative about its playersbase.

Ever heard of cheaters?