Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Interesting video to know how to farm samples. I knew the yellow lights meant points of interest, but didn't know about the flags:

>60 samples in a 15 minutes mission type, the "retrieve essential personnel" one.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Interesting video to know how to farm samples. I knew the yellow lights meant points of interest, but didn't know about the flags:

>60 samples in a 15 minutes mission type, the "retrieve essential personnel" one.
btw poi's that look like the pointer instead of the diamond can still have samples if they have a crate or 2-person door, the only samples that show up as diamonds are the ones that spawn naturally on the map/on the ground

Reactions: Yurinka
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
btw poi's that look like the pointer instead of the diamond can still have samples if they have a crate or 2-person door, the only samples that show up as diamonds are the ones that spawn naturally on the map/on the ground

I'm maxed out like 1-2 weeks ago at 500 greens, 250 oranges, and 100 purple. Only for leveling up now and medals.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm maxed out like 1-2 weeks ago at 500 greens, 250 oranges, and 100 purple. Only for leveling up now and medals.
yeah i've been maxed for a while too. they should drop the major update with illuminate soon...i expect then our ship bays will get more upgrades

• thisistheway
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Automaton threat exterminated for the time being. Pretty neat.

doubtful they’re gone for the game for any significant length of time because no one would waste assets like that or FOMO a significant part of the current game like that.

This game is pretty much a live event that goes on in perpetuity.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

doubtful they’re gone for the game for any significant length of time because no one would waste assets like that or FOMO a significant part of the current game like that.

The factions are robots and aliens, they just reproduce infinitely, it's a temporary minor setback.

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

It would be nice if they brought in the Cyborgs seeking revenge for the Automatons.

• they're_right_you_know

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
After 2 months

1712522640-image.png

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I feel like they need to add the new faction soon. Killing bugs and automatons is getting old.
They already have the assets ready to go.

Assets can be done months in advance, it means nothing really. But yeah, they should have some new mission types type thing and/or new faction ready for April/May.
This 1 day boost has shown, due to the liberation being imminent, that there's a bunch of players ready to return to the game if something big were to happen to the game. People are just looking for an excuse to jump back in.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Just noticed that the major order has been completed, no automatons left. I'm pretty sure they'll introduce the Illuminate now, and will also bring automatons back in a very aggresive comeback campaign.

The thing is... I think I didn't get the major order reward, or maybe got it yesterday without noticing it.

Did you receive these major order medals?

Edit: Tonight I got 3 crashes almost in a row in the result screens, when going to show the samples page

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Just noticed that the major order has been completed, no automatons left. I'm pretty sure they'll introduce the Illuminate now, and will also bring automatons back in a very aggresive comeback campaign.

The thing is... I think I didn't get the major order reward, or maybe got it yesterday without noticing it.

Did you receive these major order medals?
when there's a lot of players it sometimes takes a day or two to get rewards for major orders

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
when there's a lot of players it sometimes takes a day or two to get rewards for major orders
Oh thanks, today we got 345K+ CCU peak, the highest since the 17th (Warbond release weekend). Maybe this is the reason, makes sense. Next week there's Warbond, so pretty likely in the weekend it will get a peak of beyond 350K, maybe even 400K. Specially if they also introduce the Illuminate this week.

image.png

Edit: got the medals. They were delayed as you menttioned

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
You can't even play on the Automatons side anymore. Joel robbed me of my choice like he did with Ellie 😢
From what I've read about what used to happen in Helldivers 1, one of three things should happen:

1 - Joel doesn't add anything else, lets the gamers kill all the Terminids and the game is won and then restarted with the Automatons and Terminids, meaning you'll wait probably less than a week before being able to fight automatons again.

2 - Joel adds the Illuminate as a new threat, meaning you'll have a new species to play against but it'll take a bit more before you can fight Automatons

3 - Joel reintroduces another Automaton (and/or Cyborg) threat elsewhere in the Galaxy.

Either way, you'll eventually be able to fight automatons again in a non-distant future.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
From what I've read about what used to happen in Helldivers 1, one of three things should happen:

1 - Joel doesn't add anything else, lets the gamers kill all the Terminids and the game is won and then restarted with the Automatons and Terminids, meaning you'll wait probably less than a week before being able to fight automatons again.

2 - Joel adds the Illuminate as a new threat, meaning you'll have a new species to play against but it'll take a bit more before you can fight Automatons

3 - Joel reintroduces another Automaton (and/or Cyborg) threat elsewhere in the Galaxy.

Either way, you'll eventually be able to fight automatons again in a non-distant future.
Well duh I wasn't aware of today's news when I wrote this post.