Helldivers 2 releasing to mixed reviews on Steam as players are having server issues and issues due to anticheat code.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1707391414633.png
Audience reviews

1707399033647.png
Marc Braun
an hour ago

Crazy to say that in February 2024, a successful 4 player coop live service third person shooter launched and it’s not the Suicide Squad. Arrowhead, with a much smaller team, accomplished what Rocksteady could not in the same amount of dev time. Gameplay loop is a blast, with procedurally generated ...More

1707399033697.png
ACEO SEVEN
13 hours ago

Helldivers II takes what made the 1st game good and added next generation features for an absolutely outstanding 3rd person shooter. Adding the already mind blowing Dualsense controller to the mix makes this the beat PLAYSTATION multiplayer game to date. Sony is shaping up to having yet another stel ...More

1707399033778.png
Joshua Colon
an hour ago

I was playing it co-op and my goodness it's fun. I can't wait to unlock more of the stratagem, they are amazing tools.

Recommended
2.0 hrs on record (1.0 hrs at review time)

Jaybushido
Jaybushido
1 review
POSTED: FEBRUARY 8
STEAM KEY
Gameplay is good
No friends, always receiving error when hoping on quick play.

Splitsie
Splitsie
415 products in account
30 reviews
DIRECT FROM STEAM
I was very much excited about the idea of playing this game, I adored the original. Sadly after consistent crashes to desktop and even a few BSODs thrown in for good measure, the only thing I can recommend is STAY AWAY until you hear about patches fixing these issues.

Not Recommended
0.3 hrs on record

Kahzey
Kahzey
139 products in account
30 reviews
DIRECT FROM STEAM
crashes + nprotect <3

Disciple
2.2 hrs

DIRECT FROM STEAM
abysmal launch, broken in a variety of ways ranging from broken matchmaking to CTD's, other than that the game is fine in my experience, its extremely fun and theres soooooo many planets that will be coming in the future based on the star map, im super stoked for the future of the game. the gameplay, gunplay and visual fidelity are there and they're perfect, i just hope they manage to tie down their server issues and anticheat problems

Disciple
2.2 hrs

Hentai Antagonist
1.0 hrs

DIRECT FROM STEAM
Already CTDed once in under an hour and matchmaking doesn't seem to work

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: John Elden Ring

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Let's see:
  • Shitty QA, game crashes both on consoles and PC
  • Usage of an anti-piracy software that acts as malware
  • Prospects of very aggressive monetisation despite the game costing 40 quid
Yeah, completely unexpected. It's already at 54% mixed.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Online gaming on pc is not as lucrative as master race tards like to pretend it is. PS5 is hands down the best place to be for online players that don’t want their games negatively affected by cheaters and the optimization clusterfuck that is pc gaming.

Depending on how long issues last server woes I can get over. It should be expected with every major online game launch. Most games launch kinda unplayable day one… queues and disconnects probably all day.

They fucked up by not testing servers. I said this way before release but fanboys don’t genuinely give a shit about games … just lists.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Online gaming on pc is not as lucrative as master race tards like to pretend it is. PS5 is hands down the best place to be for online players that don’t want their games negatively affected by cheaters and the optimization clusterfuck that is pc gaming.

Depending on how long issues last server woes I can get over. It should be expected with every major online game launch.

They fucked up by not testing servers. I said this way before release but fanboys don’t give a shit about games.
And yet PS players are also getting crashes, just like PC players.

As for online gaming not being as lucrative as some people pretend, I hope you realise all big ESports events are on PC, not consoles. I do agree that consoles are better for anti-cheat stuff since they're closed systems. Optimisation? Nah, consoles have plenty of problems.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Esports still around?

😂

Day one server issues aren’t the end of the word. You couldn’t log into SFV reliably for ages… that was the worst major console launch I’ve seen.

It will be a problem when you can’t log into the game a month after launch like Outriders on Ps5.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
And yet PS players are also getting crashes, just like PC players.

As for online gaming not being as lucrative as some people pretend, I hope you realise all big ESports events are on PC, not consoles. I do agree that consoles are better for anti-cheat stuff since they're closed systems. Optimisation? Nah, consoles have plenty of problems.
Did VFX hack this account? Hahaha

Kidding.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Esports still around?

😂
Considering your contributions to this forum I should not even entertain an answer, but.

Go check how many are on consoles.

Did VFX hack this account? Hahaha

Kidding.

I know you're kidding, but what I find funny is that for Xbox Religious Nutbags (XRN) and PC Mustard Racetards (PCMR) I'm a Sony Pony, but for many Sony Ponies I'm either an XRN or a PCMR. People need to pick a lane

Reactions: Bryank75

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Why is everyone surprised at some of the issues at launch especially considering the amount of people playing the game?

You have close to 60,000 on Steam and probably the same amount on PS5.

Crazy numbers for a niche game which wasn’t promoted by Sony.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Let's see:
  • Shitty QA, game crashes both on consoles and PC
  • Usage of an anti-piracy software that acts as malware
  • Prospects of very aggressive monetisation despite the game costing 40 quid
Yeah, completely unexpected. It's already at 54% mixed.

It's now at 50%.
And yeah, some of the crashing issues and bugs are baffling.
A few people get stuck in the tutorial not being able to crouch over the obstacle, fixes on restart.
Like @Bryank75 has mentioned, many people crash the first time they equip, some specifically naming the Deluxe Edition stuff as a potential culprit.

Just a game that needed more QA.
Considering their last game was in 2015 and they publicly delayed this game once already, I have a suspicion that SIE pushed for the game to be released because they deemed the dev time to be long enough.

No betas, no critics reviews before launch, Q4 FY release for Japanese company.
This feels like an unfinished product pushed to release at the end of the FY type of thing.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Coen

icon_thumbsUp.png
Recommended

Great sequal to a great game, everyone complaining about kernal anti cheat are for sure people that were hoping to use cheat engine to unlock ♥♥♥♥ early, and the people complaining about the cosmetics need to look at what other companies are trying to sell us, none of the items in the shop are more than $5 (the cheapest item is a helmet worth about 75 cents) apart from the battle pass which is $10 which for 3 armor sets its pretty good.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Just as a data point to the anticheat I uninstalled the game to see what would get left behind (since people say it leaves behind registry keys and such) but when uninstalling the game it asked me if I also wanted to remove the anticheat, so I said yes. Checked the registry and nothing behind there. Of course this isn't a thorough check but wanted to share.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Par for the course for any online game launch. It will be fixed down the line. If the game foundations are solid it will succeed.

• brain