Helldivers 2 sold 12m as of may 5th 2024, it’s the fastest selling PS First Party game ever.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Fastest selling Sony game ever, seems that the Steam review bombing boycott has been "super effective":

b6vkzv0lx8jc1.jpeg

Congrats Sony and Arrowhead, well deserved for making this GOTY!

Reactions: CHILEANPLAYER

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
hopefully they don't see this as "let's release everything day and date on PC", because it won't have the same effect on singleplayer games sales
Helldivers 2 can out of my radar I only picked it up day 1 cause it was $40 if it was $70 I would’ve skipped it also it was much easier to get friends to cough $40 then $70 + the online 4 player coop component

PC day 1 across the board is part of that PlayStation “new vision” they just stated when announcing new ceos

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
hopefully they don't see this as "let's release everything day and date on PC", because it won't have the same effect on singleplayer games sales

GaaS has already been said to be Day and Date for a long time now.
As for any change in strategy at SIE, we'll know at in the business meeting/strategy thingy later this month.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
Sony will keep their GaaS initiative with multiple projects. However, they will learn that not all games will catch fire like HD2 and most will resemble Foamstars.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: voke and Box

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
What did most here estimate? 20 million? Great multiplier nonsense. Steamspy estimates etc are complete garbage.

And only on Icon Era could Square’s mess mean PlayStation is dying when an actual PlayStation game once again breaks company records.

🤡

Surprised to see Concord confirmed for 2024

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is just gonna make Hermen release all games day one and ignore that the price was 70...

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
PlayStation published game selling better on PC than on PlayStation, PC is really dead.

This is just gonna make Hermen release all games day one and ignore that the price was 70...
He was going to do that anyway, his read is that PC does not compete with PlayStation. If anything now it looks like Jim Ryan was the more conservative guy holding Hulst back.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Interestingly enough I think yesterday was the first time the game fell below 100k concurrent.

What is it just about 3 months? Excellent launch window performance.

CHILEANPLAYER

6 May 2024
Beyond the "controversy" of associating the PSN account with Steam, Sony should acquire Arrowhead as soon as possible. Sometimes I am surprised by the passivity in these types of decisions on the part of Sony, especially considering that its gaming branch is the most profitable for the company. I want to think that perhaps they have already acquired them, but they are going to wait a while to make it official, especially due to the closure of London Studio in February.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Interestingly enough I think yesterday was the first time the game fell below 100k concurrent.

What is it just about 3 months? Excellent launch window performance.
The funny thing is it would still be over 100k, maybe over 150k if the balance team wasnt constantly fucking things up

Reactions: Entropi

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Beyond the "controversy" of associating the PSN account with Steam, Sony should acquire Arrowhead as soon as possible. Sometimes I am surprised by the passivity in these types of decisions on the part of Sony, especially considering that its gaming branch is the most profitable for the company. I want to think that perhaps they have already acquired them, but they are going to wait a while to make it official, especially due to the closure of London Studio in February.
I invite anybody to join the Helldivers discord to have a laugh if Sony really acquires Arrowhead