Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I repeat. Your PC exclusives are garbage shovelware.

This isn’t 1998.
I'm still waiting for you to say something half-decent.

>This isn’t 1998.
Replying to a guy saying PC could run the entirety back catalogue of Sony. 0 sense.

Reactions: xollowsob

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I repeat. Your PC exclusives are garbage shovelware.

This isn’t 1998.

But we always have guys here whiking that is PC players get Sony exclusives and valve doesn't release half life alyx (VR Killer app) and CS2 on PS.

Just look at all the effort Sony is making to have a successful GaaS. Valve alone has 2. Id love them to release half life 3 or a new great SP IP but CS and Dota make more money for them.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Honestly had enough of this discussion.

Remember guys.

These Steam warriors here will make every excuse under the sun saying why they are against this but there is only one real reason.

It is a Playstation account they need to sign in.

Classic platform warring. How dare they ask me to use a Playstation account on my PC/Steam Rig.

Have no issue begging for Playstation games though. Their self respect vanishes then.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
People will get refunds if the PSN thing doesn't reverted. just watch.
So that's what I am saying genius get the refund and move on, you guys say that you have soo many games to play on PC so go play them. This whining and pining is just pathetic, Sony will still continue to exist with or without the steam chump change and those who want to play it on steam will make a PSN account. For those who don't the exit door is there and you can walk away.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Honestly had enough of this discussion.

Remember guys.

These Steam warriors here will make every excuse under the sun saying why they are against this but there is only one real reason.

It is a Playstation account they need to sign in.

Classic platform warring. How dare they ask me to use a Playstation account on my PC/Steam Rig.

Have no issue begging for Playstation games though. Their self respect vanishes then.

I have a PS Account I used to try ps now. Sony's login UI looked like something from 2003 with that big black Sony banner on top.

The first post I made before everything escalated was "It doesn't seem like a big deal" or something like that, you can look it up.

As long as I don't have to buy a console I am fine with creating 20 accounts for different storefronts. Hell I only play on PC and have like 6 storefronts pinned to my taskbar for easy access. I use GOG or playnite to keep track of my game collection.

Steam is ideal but not a deal breaker. Hell if all sony games released on EGS going forward I wouldn't mind.

It's about the games reaching the HW of choice to me. Not Hail GaBeN or anything. I don't agree with steam Taliban's in many things.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Who the fuck is shitting on Sony for no reason? We wouldn't be talking about them if it wasn't for their braindead PSN thing.

Again with "predominantly PlayStation oriented forum".

Can a mod confirm whether I'm allowed to use this website without liking Sony? @Sircaw

It's like you are trapped in a corner and all you can do is: "hey you, stop using this website unless you gonna shell for sony"
Everyone is welcome to use this site, regardless of what platform they like, use, or support.

I understand there is a lot of passion about in which platforms people prefer, but people need to try to be more respectful and tolerant of people who have different views from them.

Keep it civil, please, people.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
So that's what I am saying genius get the refund and move on, you guys say that you have soo many games to play on PC so go play them. This whining and pining is just pathetic, Sony will still continue to exist with or without the steam chump change and those who want to play it on steam will make a PSN account. For those who don't the exit door is there and you can walk away.
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Everyone is welcome to use this site, regardless of what platform they like, use, or support.

I understand there is a lot of passion about in which platforms people prefer, but people need to try to be more respectful and tolerant of people who have different views from them.

Keep it civil, please, people.
"Everyone is welcome"
That one ouya fan in the corner raising his hand
ded

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Do you all think Sony will backtrack on this?
There is no need to backtrack, they just have to release a trailer for the next santa monica game and it will be back to business as usual. Their core consumer base on PS doesn't care about this and the steam users are not worth caring about. I just hope they learn the right lessons and cancel the ragnarok and spiderman 2 ports as well as not launch Concord on steam

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
There is no need to backtrack, they just have to release a trailer for the next santa monica game and it will be back to business as usual. Their core consumer base on PS doesn't care about this and the steam users are not worth caring about. I just hope they learn the right lessons and cancel the ragnarok and spiderman 2 ports as well as not launch Concord on steam
Come on now, close to 50%, if not more, of the game's userbase is on PC. That comes from the developers themselves. Let's stick to facts. This isn't one of their PS games that sell a million on PC.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
I only see two possibilities for this story: Sony gives up on this idea and basically ends their idea of an exclusive Launcher, or they continue with this idea and wait for all this to pass, just like in all similar cases

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I honestly think they won't.

Rockstar launcher gets a pass because people love rdr2 for some reason.
Imagine if Bloodborne remaster required PSN on pc lol

Anyway - everything is hated, boycotted and negatively reviewed recently. Stellar blade got 2 changed outfits which are still super sexy... and got 73 more outfits lol. Most MUCH more revealing. And yet we had a drama about nothing. It's just toxic community of gamers these days

Reactions: Sircaw and Bo_Hazem

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Come on now, close to 50%, if not more, of the game's userbase is on PC. That comes from the developers themselves. Let's stick to facts. This isn't one of their PS games that sell a million on PC.
Yeah I agree if the microtransactions brought any money lol, Helldivers 2 has piss poor mtx integration and won't ever bring in the cash a GTA 5 or fortnite does. They sold about 5 million copies on steam that is 200 million max and taking out steams cut it rounds up to about 160 million. There is no need to bend the knee for this amount of chump change in the grand scheme of things, if the game brought in truckloads of mtx there would be a case for backtracking but cheapskates on steam hardly buy the warbonds

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Rockstar launcher gets a pass because people love rdr2 for some reason.
Imagine if Bloodborne remaster required PSN on pc lol

Anyway - everything is hated, boycotted and negatively reviewed recently. Stellar blade got 2 changed outfits which are still super sexy... and got 73 more outfits lol. Most MUCH more revealing. And yet we had a drama about nothing. It's just toxic community of gamers these days
People are always more tolerant of what they love. Just see how many games are criticized for reusing textures and enemies, but Elden Ring, being from FromSoftware, gets a green pass for this.

Last edited: