Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
And that refund is completely fair, they can get the refund and steam is offering the refund. Its the bitching and crying that is ridiculous, they can get the refund and move on and let the people who want to make psn id's make them and play the game
You can alternatively just link your account while also being against the de listing of countries the game was sold in by Sony while knowing they didn't support them.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
You have no idea how Steam works. Valve does not look into that, that is not their job. The notice of needing a PSN account is there and most people don't care about having to create an account unless you physically can't, or the requirements are absurd. Valve is not going to see that PSN set countries they don't support for sale, that's Sony's fault.

In some countries, you're just not allowed to make an account, same with Ukraine for example where you need a ps4/5 already to do so.
Well valve should look into it before they approve games shouldn't they since they're the ones selling it & taking their 30% cut

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Nah, he has been clear: Arrowhead knew that 6 months before launch the game needed to require PSN account linking, as always shown in all the game trailers (pre and post launch) and in the Steam store.

But in launch day due to server issues he decided to temporally disable it and now they are restoring it. He didn't know that players "can't" create PSN accounts in certain countries, and doesn't know why there isn't a list of all the countries there. I assume the reason is that in legal terms PSN must have to offer certain support and legal stuff in the countries they operate, or maybe simply only have countries there with a specific PSN store.

Sounds perfectly reasonable.
While reasonable, what is unreasonable is why Sony chose to sell those regions when they know they don't support them.

I don't know why everyone in this thread seemingly keeps thinking it's just having to create an account because most people don't really care about that. I already have one, I don't care about linking it, I will however, speak up for the ones who got rug-pulled.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
this is completely surpassing all the levels and limits of tolerable behaviour and influencers fueling hate torwards the game/studio like Grummz are to blame for it
GM1dzIvasAAA-iQ

GM1dzGzaUAAQaib
Pc gamers are trash

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Well valve should look into it before they approve games shouldn't they since they're the ones selling it & taking their 30% cut
That is not THEIR job, that is the PUBLISHER'S job, the publisher for Helldivers 2 is Sony PlayStation, stop deflecting blame dude, that is weird behavior.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
You’re an Xbox fanboy my guy. I know you’re happy that this stuff is happening, but sit this one out.
So instead of engaging with the points that I'm laying down, you just decide to say "nuh uh, xbox fanboy" (when I don't even own an Xbox and I don't care about having to link my pre-existing PSN account)

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I will take a stab at it.

Perhaps Pc gamers get pissed at seeing just how incredible some games can look on a piece of hardware that is many times less powerful than theirs.

It's that one-upmanship effect in motion.

"I spent two grand on my system my system is meant to be better than yours, I HATE YOU." etc etc
In my case, I don't think so. I'm speaking up for the people who got bait and switched by Sony who knowingly sold the game in countries that PSN doesn't support.

I don't care if someone's game looks good on console too, that's good for them.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
In my case, I don't think so. I'm speaking up for the people who got bait and switched by Sony who knowingly sold the game in countries that PSN doesn't support.

I don't care if someone's game looks good on console too, that's good for them.
Valve knowingly sold the game stop simping for gabe 🤣

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Nope if you're on steam you're agreeing to THEIR tos & you're purchasing games from THEM
What does this have anything to do with it being Sony's responsibility for picking the countries to sell the game in...?

Stop deflecting blame, seriously. You don't even know how Steam works apparently and think you know this sort of information.

Why does Steam's ToS matter here? Point out the relevancy. You are purchasing the game from their store page, that is not the same as buying from them, they do not choose where the game is sold, do you hear yourself?

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
What does this have anything to do with it being Sony's responsibility for picking the countries to sell the game in...?

Stop deflecting blame, seriously. You don't even know how Steam works apparently and think you know this sort of information.

Why does Steam's ToS matter here? Point out the relevancy. You are purchasing the game from their store page, that is not the same as buying from them, they do not choose where the game is sold, do you hear yourself?

This is the people your simping for

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Exicide

2 Feb 2024

This is the people your simping for

Stop saying simping, you just look immature.

No, actually it is not. Anyone review bonding other games because of helldivers is stupid. Arrowhead specifically asked people to continue refunding and continue giving negative reviews on helldivers because it gives them more sway in discussions with Sony.