Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
So, explain this.

Rocket League came out in 2015. In 2019. Epic bought Psyonix and Rocket League. In 2020. those who had a Steam copy needed subsequently sign up to Epic account in order to continue to play Rocket League.

So, was there any backslash? Nope. Where those so called PC gamers, fighters for rights, have been then? Damn hypocrites.
You should maybe think about why the backlash was only against you. (It wasn't, but thats what you keep saying)

Maybe if PS fans weren't such assholes online, making fun of everyone who doesn't want to bend over for Sony and calling people names for their decisions that do not impact you whatsoever, maybe if you haven't done all that people wouldn't be so weary of wanting anything to do with you all, PSN account or not.

Reactions: Banana

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
You should maybe think about why the backlash was only against you. (It wasn't, but thats what you keep saying)

Hey, welcome HYPOCRITE

Maybe if PS fans weren't such assholes online, making fun of everyone who doesn't want to bend over for Sony and calling people names for their decisions that do not impact you whatsoever, maybe if you haven't done all that people wouldn't be so weary of wanting anything to do with you all, PSN account or not.

Who bitched about linking to PSN account and all of a sudden TOS matters? HYPOCRITE
Btw. you are defending a poster on previous page who calling a PS fans a racist with no good reason and talking about white supremacy. WTF

Last edited:

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
So, explain this.

Rocket League came out in 2015. In 2019. Epic bought Psyonix and Rocket League. In 2020. those who had a Steam copy needed subsequently sign up to Epic account in order to continue to play Rocket League.

So, was there any backslash? Nope. Where those so called PC gamers, fighters for rights, have been then? Damn hypocrites.
Firstly, Why do you care? Is it because someone boycotted Sony?

There should have been backlash, but as we discussed before, when people are happy; when the bread is fresh and circuses' entertaining, they'll accept a bit more shit because hey, the bread if fresh and the circuses are fun.
At some point, the bread goes stale and the circus is no longer entertaining. Bit by bit, piece by piece, people get pissed off.
Then the final straw, that tiny weight, breaks the back of the already ladened, metaphorical camel. Why didn't the sacks of grain break the camels back? Because it could take it, so too the rolls of cloth and bails of spices. But that tiny, featherweight straw, just pushes the camel over the edge and to breaking point.

You understand that, right?

Btw. you are defending a poster on previous page who calling a PS fans a racist with no good reason and talking about white supremacy. WTF
I didn't call PS fans racist. I said, as an extreme example and to follow the pattern of hyperbole, that those posters and the wider community who WANT Sony to force the PSN sign in requirement on steam HD2 players, that they are wanting it to taken from people who live in predominantly black and Asian countries.

Seems as we live in a world of woke, DEI lunatics, it's one hell of a demand to want countries of majority black and Asian people, to no longer be able to play a game about fascism and fighting for democracy. Especially seems as doing so means the only countries left to play the game will be western ones whose population is majority white.

Yes, it's a ridiculous take.Yes, it's a real reach and, to be honest, a dumb taking point. However, if people are going to call me a PC cry baby and a whiner for not wanting dual log ins, then UNO reverse card; you're a racist.

Kanye West GIF by Solus

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I took a look under the hood (have him ignored) and yep, that's definitely the worst take. Won't make that mistake again.
Liar Lie GIF by Fluffy Friends

How many of your posts are "I have X user on ignore" followed by you seething because you read the post? Good contribution buddy. Now tell me how we should force people in 170 countries to lose money because you want a game they paid for, forcibly taken from them.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'd say It's inconsiderate most of all. Folks in core regions that are constantly catered by platform holders don't know how good they have it. And their narrative is typically the one that dominates gaming discourse.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Weird considering PC players hates the Epic Store.
In this case is not about Epic Store but Epic games on Steam that required Epic Account.
Maybe the best example was Rocket League that in 2020 (?) started to require Epic Account.

But nobody cared lol
This weekend issue was never about the account liking (that big publishers do that for decades without any big backslash).
It was about giving munition to a small but vocal part of people (that includes "journalists") that hates Sony for whatever reason.

If it was not Sony (PlayStation) account linking we should not even have talked for days about it.

And yes it is hypocrisy.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas and Box

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Apologies to anyone who was offended at the racist jibe. As stated, it wasn't serious and was a tongue in cheek post in response to people calling the Steam users pieces of shit and cry babies.

The mods are right. We should be better people to one another.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Firstly, Why do you care? Is it because someone boycotted Sony?

There should have been backlash, but as we discussed before, when people are happy; when the bread is fresh and circuses' entertaining, they'll accept a bit more shit because hey, the bread if fresh and the circuses are fun.
At some point, the bread goes stale and the circus is no longer entertaining. Bit by bit, piece by piece, people get pissed off.
Then the final straw, that tiny weight, breaks the back of the already ladened, metaphorical camel. Why didn't the sacks of grain break the camels back? Because it could take it, so too the rolls of cloth and bails of spices. But that tiny, featherweight straw, just pushes the camel over the edge and to breaking point.

You understand that, right?

Because HYPOCRISY! Do you want to be a HYPOCRITE?

I didn't call PS fans racist. I said, as an extreme example and to follow the pattern of hyperbole, that those posters and the wider community who WANT Sony to force the PSN sign in requirement on steam HD2 players, that they are wanting it to taken from people who live in predominantly black and Asian countries.

You know very well to who you've implied. As your pal Yuniac literally mentioned "PS fans" regarding your post about racism

Seems as we live in a world of woke, DEI lunatics, it's one hell of a demand to want countries of majority black and Asian people, to no longer be able to play a game about fascism and fighting for democracy. Especially seems as doing so means the only countries left to play the game will be western ones whose population is majority white.

Yes, it's a ridiculous take.Yes, it's a real reach and, to be honest, a dumb taking point. However, if people are going to call me a PC cry baby and a whiner for not wanting dual log ins, then UNO reverse card; you're a racist.

Kanye West GIF by Solus

It is a damn dumb and unnecessary take. You've labeled here as calling a PS fans a racists with no good reason. Also, screenshooted your post and every time you'll start to shit on PS will post that. No one will believe every word you say. Ever. Really, how about France, Germany, UK, Spain who are multi ethnic countries? So much about "white supremacy!" :/

Apologies to anyone who was offended at the racist jibe. As stated, it wasn't serious and was a tongue in cheek post in response to people calling the Steam users pieces of shit and cry babies.

It was serious and you had a clear intentions in what you've said. Also, you've continued in the same tone with post :

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Imagine seething this hard over an internet post.

Oh no, no one will believe me ever. What shall I do? Best delete my internets as life isn't worth living knowing someone on an online forum won't believe me. Lol, lmao even.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This all is just an excuse, they just didn't want to make a psn account. All the outrage about not being able to access the game at some hypothetical future date if Sony decides to enforce their ToS is hogwash. These dipshits forget that they are playing an always online game and the game will get shutdown in a couple of years when it no longer profitable to run the servers. They chose this useless hill to die on, millions of people have made PSN accounts since ps3 but suddenly it becomes a problem in 2024. I hope these dipshits get fucked over by garbage pc ports for the rest of time
if you avoid these 3 things, it is practically almost impossible to get banned.

1. don't steal account(or buy one).
2. don't harass people.
3. don't refund a game through the bank first.

if you avoid these 3 things, 99,999999999999% you never get banned.
this all ToS talk is just huge pile of bollocks. Playstation never cared about it, neither did people.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
This all is just an excuse, they just didn't want to make a psn account. All the outrage about not being able to access the game at some hypothetical future date if Sony decides to enforce their ToS is hogwash. These dipshits forget that they are playing an always online game and the game will get shutdown in a couple of years when it no longer profitable to run the servers. They chose this useless hill to die on, millions of people have made PSN accounts since ps3 but suddenly it becomes a problem in 2024. I hope these dipshits get fucked over by garbage pc ports for the rest of time

Exactly.

Said it earlier.

Classic case of platform warring.

“How dare they ask me to link a Playstation account to my Steam PC”.

They have no issue begging for Playstation games though cause Valve make fuck all.

Sony will need to understand that you never put your eggs in one basket. Create your own launcher and put these games on Epic and GOG too.

Of course I would prefer if they gave PC the middle finger. Toxic shithole.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Last time we are going to mention it. Whether in jest or serious take the racial and/or discriminitory convo elsewhere. The original poster was warned, apologized now lets move on! And I've deleted a few comments after the fact. Next is thread ban.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Update on the progress of the campaign to revert the review bombing, these last few days Helldivers 2 got:
  • 356,696 negative reviews
  • 262,527 positive reviews
There are still 94,169 reviews to recover: a 26.4% of the negative reviews of the review bombing.

image.png

image.png

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters