Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Makes me wonder if the other shoe is gonna drop sooner vs. later with Day 1 PC announcement for future 1P games (both GAAS and non-GAAS). Would be a catastrophically dumb decision on SIE's part, but I have less and less confidence they will avoid that type of mistake. Guess we shall see.
I heard in Mystic's LTPS that there is a rumor of a big game (possibly singleplayer), being released day and date next year for PS and PC. If that is the case it will affect the game quality a lot.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Makes me wonder if the other shoe is gonna drop sooner vs. later with Day 1 PC announcement for future 1P games (both GAAS and non-GAAS). Would be a catastrophically dumb decision on SIE's part, but I have less and less confidence they will avoid that type of mistake. Guess we shall see.

Sony launcher was so obvious for a long time. PC gamers can blame only themselves for ignoring it.

gXNfPz9.jpeg

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
If I see another person say "bUt ThE tOs" I'm going to lose my mind.

Millions of people have made accounts in non supported regions over that last 18 years. They do not give a shit and never will give a shit.

You can have several regional accounts if you want from all over the world. They do not care.

People do it just to download games from other regions like Japan.

If you move countries you can continue to use your same accounts. They do not give a shit.

They have no reason to stop entire regions from accessing PSN just because they aren't supported, its nonsensical to think that would ever happen. They sell consoles in these unsupported regions, why would they stop them from giving them money? Why would they ever give a shit about people making PSN accounts to play Helldivers.

This is beyond stupid. I hate PC gamer morons.

And worried about Sony selling your data? Microsoft sold that shit ages ago if you're using Windows you clowns

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
That's the actual screw-up here, potentially. Not the PSN requirement in and of itself, though that should just show Sony how disliked they are by these PC gamers who supposedly want to play their games (usually illegally and running cheats/mods etc.) but don't want the "PlayStation" branding associated with their PC gaming whatsoever. But that's the audience they want to court so hard now.

It is mentioned that no VPN is required to just create a PSN PC for an unsupported region, which means those players will have no problem running the games.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Pc beggars.... most disgusting and most annoying bitches on planet.

Free pc online they love so much s filled with cheaters and hackers....cod, souls....u can gez hacked just by playing games.

But sony had security breach 15 years ago.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Pc beggars.... most disgusting and most annoying bitches on planet.

Free pc online they love so much s filled with cheaters and hackers....cod, souls....u can gez hacked just by playing games.

But sony had security breach 15 years ago.

As if Steam is secure.

My Steam account was hacked twice.

PSN never in 20 years.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
It took me a whooping 90 seconds but only managed to do it because of my 17 years of experience working in tech.

I totally understand why PC players are upset. PS are the devil for submitting poor Steam players to such a gruesome process in exchange for FREE online play.

View attachment 4883
This is dishonest and lame.

1) You cannot create a PS account in a lot of countries. Countries in which people have PAID Sony for the game and have been playing it.
2) Sony has a data breach every second day.
3) There's no cross-progression or any benefit. This is solely because a board of trashcans of executives signed on the decision to hoard user data and hope PC players get interested in buying a PS and using their services.
4) The game did NOT demand a PSN account and allowed anyone who bought it to play. To now demand it is illegal and immoral.

This decision is not Arrowhead's, it's Sony's, and shame on them.

If it was like this from the start when they released the game, people wouldn't have as big of an issue with it (if any at all) as it is evident in the countless people who are saying 'But PC players create Microsoft accounts and everything all the time'. I hope it's clear now.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
As if Steam is secure.

My Steam account was hacked twice.

PSN never in 20 years.
And that is Steam's fault how? it's your account getting hacked not Steam (unlike Sony). Maybe if you used 2FA, a strong password, and didn't click on 'You won a bag of money' links on Steam you wouldn't have got hacked... twice.

Steam has over 30m active users, good thing no one is hacking their accounts.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
They have no reason to stop entire regions from accessing PSN just because they aren't supported,
While I agree with the rest of your post, they do have a legal reason. Someone buying a product in a country not supported by PSN and then running into issues, can create legal problems. They have a few very specific lines in their ToS to address just that. All of these companies do.

Here's the thing. In order for a service like PSN to offer its product/service in a country, it needs an agreement with the government of said country. They can't just open a store and do business without a contract. It gives them a legal cause to POTENTIALLY (read, not very likely) not allow it.

But as I said in another post, there's just a possibility that it might happen. You're 99.9% safe. But there is that tiny little possibility that Sony might pull the plug.

@Yuniac

The game did not demand the creation of the account but it was in the games requirements. Which means there is no legal issue here. Sony specifically mentioned it. The fact that people didn't read that, means nothing. It's like as ToS. It's enforceable even if you don't read it.

It being immoral is another issue. Doing this AFTER selling the game, despite technical issues, is a whole other level of messed up.

Reactions: Yuniac

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If it was like this from the start when they released the game, people wouldn't have as big of an issue with it (if any at all) as it is evident in the countless people who are saying 'But PC players create Microsoft accounts and everything all the time'. I hope it's clear now.
It was like this from the start on Steam. The disclaimer was always there and they never removed it. You could bypass it in-game because they had issues with tons of logins coming in.

Are you fine with it now? Of course you won't because this is all manufactured outrage against Sony in particular.

24 Jun 2022
It is mentioned that no VPN is required to just create a PSN PC for an unsupported region, which means those players will have no problem running the games.

Yeah I am reading what others are saying about the TOS (I don't bother to familiarize myself too much with the TOS because I never do anything that risks violating them) and it sounds like for people in countries where PSN isn't available, they can choose a country where it IS available but will be limited to only making purchases in the currency of that chosen country.

Which I imagine could present a problem with some countries where sanctions are being enforced, but AFAIK SIE have basically pulled out of those countries altogether, like Russia. Though that isn't the case with China, where there appears a few players have been banned or unable to access content because of changes (going by a post earlier ITT). So there's still some tricky areas they have to navigate here.

I heard in Mystic's LTPS that there is a rumor of a big game (possibly singleplayer), being released day and date next year for PS and PC. If that is the case it will affect the game quality a lot.

Well hopefully he is wrong if it is a non-GAAS title. The only non-GAAS going Day 1 I'm aware of is the Until Dawn remake, but in isolation that one is kind of OK because one it's a AA game and two it originally came out almost ten years ago.

It's just in conjunction with so many of SIE's other 1P games having already gotten PC ports the past four years, does Day 1 for Until Dawn look bad. And if it's another game bigger than that and going Day 1...well I hope PlayStation fans are ready to accept the eventual gradual decline of the console side. Because it will end up happening one way or another, similar to Xbox.

Maybe not as severe as it did for Xbox if the quality remains well but polish will probably take a hit, and quality doesn't mean much if the actual content is seen as non-innovative or stale/more of the same with little in the way of being new.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
It was like this from the start on Steam. The disclaimer was always there and they never removed it. You could bypass it in-game because they had issues with tons of logins coming in.

Are you fine with it now? Of course you won't because this is all manufactured outrage against Sony in particular.
>manufactured outrage against Sony in particular.

You guys really think the world is out to get you, you and your precious little Sony.

Before quoting someone you should read what they said.

Yes, it was mentioned but they never enforced it, so it was on them. People just don't want to create a PSN account dude. if Sony's decision is final (Which will get reverted, just watch) then they should refund everyone and go on with their life.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Yeah I am reading what others are saying about the TOS (I don't bother to familiarize myself too much with the TOS because I never do anything that risks violating them) and it sounds like for people in countries where PSN isn't available, they can choose a country where it IS available but will be limited to only making purchases in the currency of that chosen country.

There are numerous online retailers with bunch of PSN giftcards from every corner of the world. It shouldn't be a problem to buy those.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Given that it was clearly written at the start that the game would require a PSN account, the people could check based on that and buy or not buy the game... people DON'T READ what is written on Steam and then get surprised when "complications" occur. How transparent from PC gamers

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
While I agree with the rest of your post, they do have a legal reason. Someone buying a product in a country not supported by PSN and then running into issues, can create legal problems. They have a few very specific lines in their ToS to address just that. All of these companies do.

Here's the thing. In order for a service like PSN to offer its product/service in a country, it needs an agreement with the government of said country. They can't just open a store and do business without a contract. It gives them a legal cause to POTENTIALLY (read, not very likely) not allow it.

But as I said in another post, there's just a possibility that it might happen. You're 99.9% safe. But there is that tiny little possibility that Sony might pull the plug.

@Yuniac

The game did not demand the creation of the account but it was in the games requirements. Which means there is no legal issue here. Sony specifically mentioned it. The fact that people didn't read that, means nothing. It's like as ToS. It's enforceable even if you don't read it.

It being immoral is another issue. Doing this AFTER selling the game, despite technical issues, is a whole other level of messed up.
You are right but my issue is as I said, Sony knows they cannot let people create accounts say from Egypt yet they went ahead and sold the game on Steam IN Egypt. Now what do those people do? it's not right.

People are emotional and just want to defend Sony, but regular games are the ones getting hurt, not Sony.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
>manufactured outrage against Sony in particular.

You guys really think the world is out to get you, you and your precious little Sony.

Before quoting someone you should read what they said.

Yes, it was mentioned but they never enforced it, so it was on them. People just don't want to create a PSN account dude. if Sony's decision is final (Which will get reverted, just watch) then they should refund everyone and go on with their life.
And you bought the game after making sure it was not enforced in-game? Complete BS, nobody was talking about this before today.

Please tell me what other games you made research to know if you could bypass the login even if the disclaimer was everywhere on the sale page and the promo material.