Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
And you bought the game after making sure it was not enforced in-game? Complete BS, nobody was talking about this before today.

Please tell me what other games you made research to know if you could bypass the login even if the disclaimer was everywhere on the sale page and the promo material.

>nobody was talking about this before today.

Because Sony was ok with taking PC gamers' money. Why would people complain before when they could buy and play like normal?!

NO ONE does research on a popular multiplayer game they just want to play with their friends lol. It's on Sony to not sell the game in regions where people cannot make PSN accounts, Steam supports that.

It's so simple IDK how you still want to defend them.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
>nobody was talking about this before today.

Because Sony was ok with taking PC gamers' money. Why would people complain before when they could buy and play like normal?!

NO ONE does research on a popular multiplayer game they just want to play with their friends lol. It's on Sony to not sell the game in regions where people cannot make PSN accounts, Steam supports that.

It's so simple IDK how you still want to defend them.
You can create a PSN account in Turkey stop crying. You can choose any country it doesn't matter anyway.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This is dishonest and lame.
Sure. So why you...

1) You cannot create a PS account in a lot of countries. Countries in which people have PAID Sony for the game and have been playing it.
You can... unless the own country blocks the PSN (if that happens you need a VPN) then you can create an account from any country.

2) Sony has a data breach every second day.
Wut? When that happened? Don't make up things you can't prove because it doesn't have data breach regularly... in fact there are few over near 2 decades.

3) There's no cross-progression or any benefit. This is solely because a board of trashcans of executives signed on the decision to hoard user data and hope PC players get interested in buying a PS and using their services.
And what is the issue?
You are playing a PlayStation game... it is the Play Station rules... not yours.

4) The game did NOT demand a PSN account and allowed anyone who bought it to play. To now demand it is illegal and immoral.
It was always demanded/required a PS Account but it was not working at launch.
The dev had others priorities and the fix took more time.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
You can create a PSN account in Turkey stop crying. You can choose any country it doesn't matter anyway.

The classic "Stop crying". Stop saying things I don't want to hear!!!

I'm not talking about myself, I'm talking about gamers who live in countries where they cannot.

And even if I can, why the fuck should I have to give Sony my email, phone number, and CC info (or whatever they need) to play a game on Steam? Yes, other companies do it but why should I be okay with any of it??

If you don't play on PC, please stay out of this, it simply doesn't concern you. It's a moot point when a PS gamer comes to defend what they are doing on Steam like you have no relation to it and it doesn't affect you.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Sure. So why you...

You can... unless the own country blocks the PSN (if that happens you need a VPN) then you can create an account from any country.

Wut? When that happened? Don't make up things you can't prove because it doesn't have data breach regularly... in fact there are few over near 2 decades.

And what is the issue?
You are playing a PlayStation game... it is the Play Station rules... not yours.

It was always demanded/required a PS Account but it was not working at launch.
The dev had others priorities and the fix took more time.
1) Creating an account with a VPN is against Sony's TOS and they can nuke you any time.
2) Use Google.
3) Sure, their rules, but they better enforce them from the start, not act like scumbags and come months later to say: "Oh please make accounts on my platform or I will ban you from my game which you paid for"
4) That's on them. We paid for it, we have the right to play it. "It was just not working on launch" sounds like a you-issue.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I'm not talking about myself, I'm talking about gamers who live in countries where they cannot.

If they can to the net, then they can create an PSN account and select the region which they want

1) Creating an account with a VPN is against Sony's TOS and they can nuke you any time.

It is mentioned that no VPN is required to just create a PSN PC for an unsupported region, which means those players will have no problem running the games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
And that is Steam's fault how? it's your account getting hacked not Steam (unlike Sony). Maybe if you used 2FA, a strong password, and didn't click on 'You won a bag of money' links on Steam you wouldn't have got hacked... twice.

Steam has over 30m active users, good thing no one is hacking their accounts.

I did all of it and it still got hacked from Russia both times.

Steam isn’t 100% secure. Nothing is 100% secure. You have to link accounts with countless games as we speak from many publishers.

My point is you PCMR muppets complain about the smallest things.

Such an entitled bunch who give so little in return.

You aren’t paying for PS Plus, you aren’t buying a PS5 console yet you guys expect first class treatment from Sony.

PCMR muppets are outraged cause they need to create a PSN account. Laughable.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think you can't understand...

You don't need VPN... I just said VPN if there are government that blocks PSN IP... just for safe... 99% of the countries in the world don't do that.
Again you can create a PSN account from any country in the world.

2) Use Google.
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

3) Sure, their rules, but they better enforce them from the start, not act like scumbags and come months later to say: "Oh please make accounts on my platform or I will ban you from my game which you paid for"
You can cry what you want the game has explicit said it required PS Account before launch.
There is nothing wrong with that.

4) That's on them. We paid for it, we have the right to play it. "It was just not working on launch" sounds like a you-issue.
That is on you not reading the description of the game you brought.
The text is there since December 1, 2023... two months before launch.

GMrAAyJWUAAmQn5

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I did all of it and it still got hacked from Russia both times.

Steam isn’t 100% secure. Nothing is 100% secure. You have to link accounts with countless games as we speak from many publishers.

My point is you PCMR muppets complain about the smallest things.

Such an entitled bunch who give so little in return.

You aren’t paying for PS Plus, you aren’t buying a PS5 console yet you guys expect first class treatment from Sony.

PCMR muppets are outraged cause they need to create a PSN account. Laughable.
No one expects first-class treatment from Sony. We expect honesty and clarity from the start. Not a few months later make an account on my website or I ban you. If it was like this from the start, they should have enforced it, without enforcement, it's a useless text at the end of the Steam page.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The classic "Stop crying". Stop saying things I don't want to hear!!!

And even if I can, why the fuck should I have to give Sony my email, phone number, and CC info (or whatever they need) to play a game on Steam? Yes, other companies do it but why should I be okay with any of it??

If you don't play on PC, please stay out of this, it simply doesn't concern you. It's a moot point when a PS gamer comes to defend what they are doing on Steam like you have no relation to it and it doesn't affect you.
These dumb people don't need to use their real info. Sony is not going to call your phone number lmao

Is it the first time you register for a throwaway account?

Did Bryan call you when you registered here 🤣

I'm in your DMs asking for your CC right now 🤭

Better delete your account here too 😅

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
No one expects first-class treatment from Sony. We expect honesty and clarity from the start. Not a few months later make an account on my website or I ban you. If it was like this from the start, they should have enforced it, without enforcement, it's a useless text at the end of the Steam page.
ej720ntpvdjc1.jpeg

also they had a splash screen in-game since launch telling you that you need to link a PSN account. This whole thing is manufactured outrage.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I think you can't understand...

You don't need VPN... I just said VPN if there are government that blocks PSN IP... just for safe... 99% of the countries in the world don't do that.
Again you can create a PSN account from any country in the world.

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

You can cry what you want the game has explicit said it required PS Account before launch.
There is nothing wrong with that.

That is on you not reading the description of the game you brought.
The text is there since December 1, 2023... two months before launch.

GMrAAyJWUAAmQn5
The text is there but Sony didn't enforce it. So the text was a useless warning. Not even an error message that stops players from playing, no, a dismisable warning.

>SONY WAS NEVER HACKED:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Again is honest and clear since December 1, 2023.

GMrAAyJWUAAmQn5

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The text is there but Sony didn't enforce it. So the text was a useless warning. Not even an error message that stops players from playing, no, a dismisable warning.

>SONY WAS NEVER HACKED:

14 years ago lol
You know that was when Sony had to REMAKE the whole PSN infrastructure and code... it took several months with the PSN being down to everybody.
The others date are just not PSN related and even so it is sparse from different divisions.

You are just proving my point.

Where is the "2) Sony has a data breach every second day."

Bullshit.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Well, that's Sony legally covered. So why wasn't this enforced from the start?
Because knew not as many people would buy the game if they had to make a PS account (And no Sony fanboys, this applies to any 3rd-part account required game, be it Sony's or MS's, etc). So let them buy and get comfy, then surprise them with the news. What a scummy behavior.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
they did lol. I bought the game on day 1.

wait, hold on. Do you even have or play the game? Post your steam account.
Who is "they did" and why do I care about you whether you played the game or not? You are just replying with "Buy PS5", and I said no. No one wants to buy your console that ports its game to PC in a better state after 2 years.

Again, they don't care about you, they are here to make money, but keep defending them like it's your company lol

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
14 years ago lol
You know that was when Sony had to REMAKE the whole PSN infrastructure and code... it took several months with the PSN being down to everybody.
The others date are just not PSN related.

You are just proving my point.

Where is the "2) Sony has a data breach every second day."

Bullshit.
Do your eyes even work? did you even see the tweet? lol